Team for Newcastle U21s (home)

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Team for Newcastle U21s (home)

by P!ssed Off » 14 Aug 2013 16:29

CountryRoyal This NewCorkSeth oxf*rd uses too many exclamation marks for my liking. Is he one of those constantly happy oxf*rd for no reason? Or hes gay.

Presumably he's Irish, so the former.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Aug 2013 16:31

P!ssed Off
CountryRoyal This NewCorkSeth oxf*rd uses too many exclamation marks for my liking. Is he one of those constantly happy oxf*rd for no reason? Or hes gay.

Can Irish people not be gay?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Aug 2013 16:32

P!ssed Off

-_- you some kind of detective? and I was only happy because I was on a high after watching the highlights.. made my day.. (!)

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Aug 2013 16:33

CountryRoyal

you said "or" you gave him a choice between two exclusive answers. He guessed right.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Aug 2013 16:33

NewCorkSeth
P!ssed Off

-_- you some kind of detective? and I was only happy because I was on a high after watching the highlights.. made my day.. (!)

Deffo gay.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 Aug 2013 16:34

CountryRoyal
P!ssed Off

The question is "Can Irish people be openly gay?" Cathololicism and all that.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Aug 2013 16:35

P!ssed Off

Whats that?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 14 Aug 2013 16:36

P!ssed Off The question is "Can Irish people be openly gay?" Cathololicism and all that.

Hmm, good point.

FWIW im a quarter irish, but it doesn't mean I like cock in my bum a quarter of the time.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 Aug 2013 16:36

NewCorkSeth
CountryRoyal

you said "or" you gave him a choice between two exclusive answers. He guessed right.

Ignore this CountryRoyal chap, you get some odds sorts roaming the British countryside.
But you wouldn't know about that because you lot had to spoil the party and have your independence. :wink:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 Aug 2013 16:37

NewCorkSeth
P!ssed Off

Whats that?

I tried to make a mockery of the Catholic church by inserting a lol. But you're perfectly right, the lol was quite redundant.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Aug 2013 16:40

P!ssed Off
Ignore this CountryRoyal chap, you get some odds sorts roaming the British countryside.
But you wouldn't know about that because you lot had to spoil the party and have your independence. :wink:

And what a party it could have been! Just imagine the benefits.. We could have shared a Queen.. the Queen of Ireland would be be missed but it's a sacrifice many would have welcomed

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Aug 2013 16:42

P!ssed Off
NewCorkSeth
P!ssed Off

Whats that?

I tried to make a mockery of the Catholic church by inserting a lol. But you're perfectly right, the lol was quite redundant.

Oops I didnt see the "lol" I was trying to feign ignorance to the biggest factor in Irish history over the past 200 years

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 14 Aug 2013 18:50

Ah good, another thread ruined

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Aug 2013 23:25

Just watched the highlights. Looked one hell of a match. Ugwu though. Wow. What a performance. He looks one hell of a player based on that showing. Big, quick, clever, good feet, awareness, selfless. The whole package.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 14 Aug 2013 23:38

Ian Royal Just watched the highlights. Looked one hell of a match. Ugwu though. Wow. What a performance. He looks one hell of a player based on that showing. Big, quick, clever, good feet, awareness, selfless. The whole package.

+1
Wish I went to it.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Aug 2013 20:06

Seen a few good comments about Ugwu. Is he ready for the Championship yet?

I must go and see some of these games.

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 15 Aug 2013 20:15

Ian Royal Just watched the highlights. Looked one hell of a match. Ugwu though. Wow. What a performance. He looks one hell of a player based on that showing. Big, quick, clever, good feet, awareness, selfless. The whole package.

Agreed based on that footage, he looks better than Samuel.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Aug 2013 22:23

blythspartan Seen a few good comments about Ugwu. Is he ready for the Championship yet?

You don't get ready for the Championship playing youth games unless you are exceptional. He's a prospect, but barring a stellar step up, he's some way from first team regular yet. It's one game, and in terms of what most of us have seen, some highlights.

Mass Sarr looked PL class on occasion. He's got some way to go yet to get to the point where he's likely to be able to make a significant contribution. Just look at the progression of HRK, Pearce, Karacan, Obita, McCarthy, Henry etc.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 16 Aug 2013 11:13

blythspartan Seen a few good comments about Ugwu. Is he ready for the Championship yet?

It's really hard to say based on matches against other youth sides.

IMO Ugwu's biggest strength was his direct running at opposition centre backs, and that won't be nearly as effective in the Championship.

I'd send him on a three month loan to a League 1 side where he'd play regularly, likewise Samuel, Obita and co., and then give them chances if they've impressed.

Cypry

by Cypry » 16 Aug 2013 11:21

SCIAG

It's really hard to say based on matches against other youth sides.

IMO Ugwu's biggest strength was his direct running at opposition centre backs, and that won't be nearly as effective in the Championship.

I'd send him on a three month loan to a League 1 side where he'd play regularly, likewise Samuel, Obita and co., and then give them chances if they've impressed.

At the risk of sounding like I'm getting over-excited, I do think that Ugwu in particular might have a role to play here this year. Granted, he was playing against U21 opposition, but he's plainly strong, fast, he held the ball up well, and has a shot that would leave most Championship keepers glumly picking the ball out of the net wondering what had happened...

I'd be amazed if he went out on loan as I fully expect to see him in the CoC games, and would not at all be surprised if he got a start in a Championship game this year. Adkins has said openly how much he wants to give the youth a chance, and arguably, in playing the Premier League U21 teams, the players in our U21 side will more than likely get a better standard of football than they would in most League 2 and many League 1 games. For this reason I fully expect to see most of the headline U21 players stay with us this year, rather than be loaned....