How long will Adkins last???

The Quiet Man

Re: How long will Adkins last???

by The Quiet Man » 28 Aug 2013 13:08

I must admit I'm also worried that Royalee, the twat that knows f*ck all about real football backed both Rodgers and now Adkins, not looking good for Nigel's long term career at RFC :D .

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 28 Aug 2013 13:08

LoyalRoyalFan
Royalee You tossers gave Coppell 3 years to sort his team out, 3 years for McDermott to get it right and now you want Adkins sacked after 3 months of competitive games? I'd have thought some of you might have learnt from our playoff defeat to Brendan Rodgers' Swansea and his rise to the Liverpool job while we're no better off than 4 years ago, but idiots never cease to amaze.

You keep going on about Swansea this, Liverpool that, we're talking about Reading here.

Get with the program.

Yep, we're here because our fans had no patience 3 seasons ago which is the point I'm making with that last post. If you look at the best managers around, they've all been afforded time to build their own teams with the exception of maybe one man in Mourinho who's the best manager on the planet. All Reading fans need to get behind Adkins and the team, encourage them to express themselves on the ball and build confidence.

We're 4 games into the season, 2 points worse off than when we set the points record in 2006 and 5 points from top of the league for Christ's sake, with all 4 games being against teams which should finish in the top 10. It takes a lot longer than 13 games having inherited a relegated team to create a winning mentality again and also to completely change the style of football for the better. How many people were complaining at half time 10 days ago when we were stuffing one of the favourite to win the league out of sight playing brilliant football? Get behind the management and the team, I'm sick to death of some of the idiots on here.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 28 Aug 2013 13:21

Royalee we're no better off than 4 years ago, but idiots never cease to amaze.

We overachieved for two seasons in a row, reaching the P/O final and then went on to win the Championship. We were favourites to get relegated from the moment we won promotion, and it went to form. In the meantime the club has grown its profile, fanbase and developed the infrastructure and academy. So you are wrong.

I simply can't believe how rattled you are about a poxy relegation from the Premier League, one of the strongest divisions in world football. It was hardly like we went down QPR style, bottom of the league after splashing shit loads of cash and arrogant 'we're too good' comments. Furthermore we were playing much stronger opposition than the likes we have been facing recently, and indeed last night.

IMO the only thing we have lost since 4 years ago is a little class... but apparently we are now trying to replace it with 'a new style'???

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 28 Aug 2013 13:27

Royalee
LoyalRoyalFan
Royalee You tossers gave Coppell 3 years to sort his team out, 3 years for McDermott to get it right and now you want Adkins sacked after 3 months of competitive games? I'd have thought some of you might have learnt from our playoff defeat to Brendan Rodgers' Swansea and his rise to the Liverpool job while we're no better off than 4 years ago, but idiots never cease to amaze.

You keep going on about Swansea this, Liverpool that, we're talking about Reading here.

Get with the program.

Yep, we're here because our fans had no patience 3 seasons ago which is the point I'm making with that last post. If you look at the best managers around, they've all been afforded time to build their own teams with the exception of maybe one man in Mourinho who's the best manager on the planet. All Reading fans need to get behind Adkins and the team, encourage them to express themselves on the ball and build confidence.

We're 4 games into the season, 2 points worse off than when we set the points record in 2006 and 5 points from top of the league for Christ's sake, with all 4 games being against teams which should finish in the top 10. It takes a lot longer than 13 games having inherited a relegated team to create a winning mentality again and also to completely change the style of football for the better. How many people were complaining at half time 10 days ago when we were stuffing one of the favourite to win the league out of sight playing brilliant football? Get behind the management and the team, I'm sick to death of some of the idiots on here.

Good post.

Some of our fans expect instant success and the same ones make mountains out of mole hills.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 28 Aug 2013 13:36

The Quiet Man Ithe twat that knows f*ck all about real football backed both Rodgers and now Adkins

You mean the man managing the team second in the country with a game in hand who led his next team to a 4-2 playoff final victory over us and consolidation in the Premiership? Yeah, I'M the idiot :roll:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 28 Aug 2013 13:40

Cureton's Volley
Royalee we're no better off than 4 years ago, but idiots never cease to amaze.

We overachieved for two seasons in a row, reaching the P/O final and then went on to win the Championship. We were favourites to get relegated from the moment we won promotion, and it went to form. In the meantime the club has grown its profile, fanbase and developed the infrastructure and academy. So you are wrong.

I simply can't believe how rattled you are about a poxy relegation from the Premier League, one of the strongest divisions in world football. It was hardly like we went down QPR style, bottom of the league after splashing shit loads of cash and arrogant 'we're too good' comments. Furthermore we were playing much stronger opposition than the likes we have been facing recently, and indeed last night.

IMO the only thing we have lost since 4 years ago is a little class... but apparently we are now trying to replace it with 'a new style'???

How did we 'overachieve' when the expectation was promotion in the seasons before and after McDermott was in charge?

The development of the academy and infrastructure is to do with Nick Hammond and Anton who set the plans in place - you know, the other two most on here were slating too last night - nothing to do with McDermott. Whilst we're on that point though, you might want to note that Sigurdsson, Karacan, Pearce and Robson-Kanu were already playing for the first team 4 years ago and we've not really had anyone through since so you can't really argue it's any better off now than it was then.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 28 Aug 2013 13:54

I think 'over-achieved' is a bit of a red herring, derived from us going on a ridiculous run of form in the second half of the season. Over-achieved in respect of where we were in Jan/Feb? Absolutely. Over-achieved in terms of the overall expectation for RFC for the season? Not really, imho.

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 28 Aug 2013 13:59

Sanguine I think 'over-achieved' is a bit of a red herring, derived from us going on a ridiculous run of form in the second half of the season. Over-achieved in respect of where we were in Jan/Feb? Absolutely. Over-achieved in terms of the overall expectation for RFC for the season? Not really, imho.

Over-acheived in terms of how good we really were that season.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 28 Aug 2013 14:03

Cureton's Volley I simply can't believe how rattled you are about a poxy relegation from the Premier League, one of the strongest divisions in world football.

Over rated not strongest. The "big" clubs are light years ahead in terms of playing squads now. Much of the football played is at best mediocre. Reminds me when big bucks Serie A was all the rage. Now Italian league football hardly gets a mention.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 28 Aug 2013 14:04

Sanguine I think 'over-achieved' is a bit of a red herring, derived from us going on a ridiculous run of form in the second half of the season. Over-achieved in respect of where we were in Jan/Feb? Absolutely. Over-achieved in terms of the overall expectation for RFC for the season? Not really, imho.

We also had the fourth highest (open for correction here but I'm sure this is right) wage budget in the Championship that season. So was it really over achieving?

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 28 Aug 2013 14:14

I wonder if he'll walk if hes not backed this week?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 28 Aug 2013 14:15

Tilehurstsouthbank

We also had the fourth highest (open for correction here but I'm sure this is right) wage budget in the Championship that season. So was it really over achieving?

Let me ask you a question. Is Adam Le Fondre a better player than Shane Long?

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 28 Aug 2013 14:15

Whilst not the best, this squad is viewed by many as capable of promotion. If he walks it will reflect badly on him IMO

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 28 Aug 2013 14:27

sandman Adkins has been fighting an uphill struggle ever since Royalee backed him. Talk about the kiss of death.

:mrgreen:

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 28 Aug 2013 14:43

Royalee How did we 'overachieve' when the expectation was promotion in the seasons before and after McDermott was in charge?

1) Promotion was the target, yes - but for most it was not the expectation

2) I did not expect us to improve our so much each season despite losing our best players

3) Even if promotion was the expectation, to win the league was undoubtedly an achievement which went above and beyond what anyone sane expected for that season

Anyone who quotes the wage bill, I agree as the fourth largest it was significant and hence we expected to finish top 6... but to say we were expected to finish top above the likes the Hammers is pure BS.

Royalee The development of the academy and infrastructure is to do with Nick Hammond and Anton who set the plans in place - you know, the other two most on here were slating too last night - nothing to do with McDermott.

How can you believe McDermott had 'nothing to do with' the infrastructure and academy when he was involved at Reading for 13 years including positions as chief scout, under 19's manager & reserve team manager, before becoming the boss?

Royalee Whilst we're on that point though, you might want to note that Sigurdsson, Karacan, Pearce and Robson-Kanu were already playing for the first team 4 years ago and we've not really had anyone through since so you can't really argue it's any better off now than it was then.

This perhaps is a genuine point, where the only evidence we have on the contrary is securing Cat 1 status... but it is hard to say either way as youth was hardly been given a chance to break through due to the fact we got promoted and attempted to go with players with 1st team experience (even if at a lower level) instead.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 28 Aug 2013 14:48

Royalee
LoyalRoyalFan

Get with the program.

+1

Pretty much spot on.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Aug 2013 15:12

The Team at its very finest. :lol:

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 28 Aug 2013 15:39

jellytot

by jellytot » 28 Aug 2013 16:03

stupid thread.

1 This season is not a write off yet!
2 we are in a period of transition.
3. we have to get rid of players who cannot do what na want. takes time contracts etc.
Some players under Rogers did not put in much of a shift. same under ma sadly.
4 az is not so stupid to do something rash . There is a plan in place. Academy etc
5 patience needed. Ma will.get it.right but this.season may not be successful.
Last edited by jellytot on 28 Aug 2013 16:16, edited 3 times in total.

royal67

by royal67 » 28 Aug 2013 16:07

'seadobe'.....? Is that the third release of the popular imaging software Adobe?