Jimmy Kebe

830 posts
P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jimmy Kebe

by P!ssed Off » 30 Aug 2013 16:59

SCIAG
St. Brynjar Thought he was better than Gylf. I was quite young then but I felt Gylfi got more credit because of pens etc.

Obviously Gylfi is streets ahead now.

I would like to briefly point to when Gylfi left us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bvz4Nw7cP8

You heartless oxf*rd! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2013 17:00

SCIAG
NewCorkSeth Really? Little? He had one great season.

Kill the blasphemer :evil:

I think people forget how important Little was in 06/07, he played in about 2/3rds of our games, including great games at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford.

Now he was injury prone.

I remember him being injured for much of that season? And I would like to call that a mis-quote as I was comparing his great season with Kebe's greatness in life..

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Aug 2013 17:07

NewCorkSeth
SCIAG
NewCorkSeth Really? Little? He had one great season.

Kill the blasphemer :evil:

I think people forget how important Little was in 06/07, he played in about 2/3rds of our games, including great games at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford.

Now he was injury prone.

I remember him being injured for much of that season? And I would like to call that a mis-quote as I was comparing his great season with Kebe's greatness in life..

Injured early on and at the end, but still played 24 matches.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2013 17:12

SCIAG Injured early on and at the end, but still played 24 matches.

Ahh I see! I just remember that useless Korean.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 30 Aug 2013 17:19

NewCorkSeth

oxf*rd off!

Seol will tear you apart

again...

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 30 Aug 2013 17:34

NewCorkSeth

Sulky One?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 30 Aug 2013 17:39

Little > Seol > Kebe.

Seol was absolute skillz, but again - like Kebe - he had the heart of a pea. Goals at Sheff U and West Ham though? Brilliant, imagine Kebe trying an effort from distance like that Seol goal at West Ham :lol:

The Reading crowd never really took to Seol despite him being basically one of our most talented players ever. Yet Kebe is some sort of a hero due to the fact he once pulled his socks up.

You small-time, small-minded twats :!:
Last edited by floyd__streete on 30 Aug 2013 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 30 Aug 2013 17:41

floyd__streete Little > Seol > Kebe.

Seol was absolute skillz, but again - like Kebe - he had the heart of a pea. Goals at Sheff U and West Ham though? Brilliant, imagine Kebe trying an effort from distance like the goal at West Ham :lol:

Don't have to imagine it we saw him try one at West Ham only for the referee to cruelly give us a penalty after a blatant Noel Hunt dive.
Last edited by sandman on 30 Aug 2013 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 30 Aug 2013 17:43

Ha I thought that would stir up some fun :)

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 30 Aug 2013 17:44

SCIAG I would like to briefly point to Gylfi's two final goals for us. Against Burnley, when he got the ball from the left about 20 yards out, looked up and decided he was going to score. Then against Leicester he just deftly chipped the goalkeeper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bvz4Nw7cP8

Scunthorpe

RockheadRumple

by RockheadRumple » 30 Aug 2013 17:49

I can't stand that he's had to leave with such abuse. Can't all you cunts realise the good he did for the club? Does no one on this thread even remember his performances?
Those that say he's inconsistent aren't wrong, but it's really overdoing it to say "He had one good game a season then was shit for the rest". Even when he wasn't at his best, he was still reliable and at his best, he was unstoppable.

Basically, I feel like crying. I love Kebe.

But unlike myself, Kebe doesn't give a fuck what you ungrateful cunts think.
Can he hear you?

Nope.

He does what he wants.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 30 Aug 2013 18:08

RockheadRumple I can't stand that he's had to leave with such abuse. Can't all you cunts realise the good he did for the club? Does no one on this thread even remember his performances?
Those that say he's inconsistent aren't wrong, but it's really overdoing it to say "He had one good game a season then was shit for the rest". Even when he wasn't at his best, he was still reliable and at his best, he was unstoppable.

Can he hear you?

Nope.

He does what he wants

This ^^^ Just because he got injured a lot he deserves abuse? You oxf*rd.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Aug 2013 18:14

I am a huge Jimmy fan but can't help thinking it's all ended up quite sour. If he'd not faked injury to try a force & move & just gave 100% until any move had happened, he would have been welcomed back a hero. Unfortunately he's now tainted his image somewhat which is a massive massive shame.

:(

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 30 Aug 2013 18:21

£2m for an injury prone player who forced a move to us in the first place and then also did the same with Palace, yeah I'm pretty happy with this outcome. It's £1m more than he's worth and we have as good as wingers here who will improve and potentially be better than him.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 30 Aug 2013 18:23

One8Seven1 £2m for an injury prone player who forced a move to us in the first place and then also did the same with Palace, yeah I'm pretty happy with this outcome. It's £1m more than he's worth and we have as good as wingers here who will improve and potentially be better than him.

As if anyone's actually bothered about this bit.
Nobody even knew until some twat brought up the last day or so.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Aug 2013 18:25

Thanks for being one of our better players and our best entertainer. But we've got Royston now so we don't need you, you sulky want away git.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 30 Aug 2013 18:26

P!ssed Off
One8Seven1 £2m for an injury prone player who forced a move to us in the first place and then also did the same with Palace, yeah I'm pretty happy with this outcome. It's £1m more than he's worth and we have as good as wingers here who will improve and potentially be better than him.

Selective memories, it was well known at the time and covered by the media.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 30 Aug 2013 18:28

certainly was.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2013 19:15

Archie's penalty
RockheadRumple I can't stand that he's had to leave with such abuse. Can't all you cunts realise the good he did for the club? Does no one on this thread even remember his performances?

Can he hear you?

Nope.

He does what he wants

This ^^^ Just because he got injured a lot he deserves abuse? You oxf*rd.

No because he repeatedly got injured - often when the pressure was on us - and took an absolute eternity to recover, every time he was injured. How many other players get injured on a coach?! But what he deserves abuse most of all for is is disgraceful conduct over the past week. First breaking his usual silence to proclaim that he was fully fit and that the manager was a barsteward for not immediately dropping another player to facilitate his return. Then soon after declaring himself injured and therefore leaving the manager with little option but to leave him out of the squad for Peterborough. Next thing we know, he is off out the door as quickly as his poor little injured hamstrings will carry him.

I've criticised Hammond for his lack of success in bringing players in (and will do so again if he fails to get us a decent striker before this window closes) but if he really has managed to winkle £2M out of Palace for one of the most injury prone, slow healing, players seen in a long time, then he really is a miracle worker and I wouldn't want to buy a used car from him!

Trouble is, the deal is probably appearance based, so our only real gain will be in getting rid of Kebe's wages and enabling us to sign a player who really wants to play football for us.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Aug 2013 19:19

One8Seven1
P!ssed Off

Selective memories, it was well known at the time and covered by the media.

And the twat P!ssed Off refers to actually provided a link for those with selective memories to refer to! :twisted:

And P!ssed Off why shouldn't supporters and clubs be really worried about an overpaid, injury prone, temperamental player who has a record of refusing to play or getting 'injured' in order to get out of a very good contract that he previously wrung out of his existing club?

Can't remember when a Reading player last pulled that stunt - I'm sure someone can remind me.

830 posts