2013 Summer Transfer Window

801 posts
Elm Park Pasty

Re: 2013 Summer Transfer Window

by Elm Park Pasty » 30 Aug 2013 13:41

Royal Ginger
Elm Park Pasty
melonhead squeakys job is to ensure we buy players at or below our valuation of them, without breaking our wage structure significantly, and who will have a good resale value when they leave.

he does this brilliantly, and ensures we manage to maintain an even financial keel.

sometimes this results in us losing players because other teams are willing and able to pay what we are not

im happy with this

Lot flying round about Palarse paying £2M for Jimmy, if this is true Hammond has worked his magic again.

Bollocks, £2m for a player with Kebe's ability is a steal.

I would agree with your eloquent riposte, if it wasn't for his recent injured spell (will he come back as good?) his erratic form (one match sensational, next match anonymous) and his age (29 coming up to 30) but I thank you for your input.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Potential 3 signing but who?

by CholseyRoyal » 30 Aug 2013 14:28

Rfc1987 According to getreading who interviewd Nigel Adkins that we could strengthen the team by the deadline with up to 3 players. We all know we need a striker to help alfie and that there are a few players we need off our books, Adkins talk about signing falling at the last minute and i agree must be hard to strengthen your team correctly/9financially and the right players) before the deadline. If we do sign a few players before the deadline which i feel we will who do you think they are?

Vaz te?
charlton cole?
akpala?
maybe a promising loan signing?

Discuss................................ :mrgreen:

Akpala is off as we won't meet his club's asking fee according to Charles Watts.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 30 Aug 2013 14:51

So we losing Kebe, and we have 3 days left to bring in 3 players. Not confident at all

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 30 Aug 2013 14:57

Bet we bring in nobody. :cry:

LightwaterRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by LightwaterRoyal » 30 Aug 2013 15:45

Rollerbob Bet we bring in noone. :cry:

Thought he was a good player, last I saw of him he was playing for Brighton.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 30 Aug 2013 15:49

LightwaterRoyal
Rollerbob Bet we bring in noone. :cry:

Thought he was a good player, last I saw of him he was playing for Brighton.

Very good lightwater.. Very good.

ronnyroyal

by ronnyroyal » 30 Aug 2013 19:36

I think I listen to sir dodger on twitter too much, but have been thinking about his 'lack of investment, real facts' rants and made me wonder. What happened to the apparent £10mil we had in January to hand over to spurs?

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 30 Aug 2013 19:40

ronnyroyal I think I listen to sir dodger on twitter too much, but have been thinking about his 'lack of investment, real facts' rants and made me wonder. What happened to the apparent £10mil we had in January to hand over to spurs?

I don't think it'd be unfair to suggest it was bullshit PR to appease the fans.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 30 Aug 2013 19:43

ronnyroyal I think I listen to sir dodger on twitter too much, but have been thinking about his 'lack of investment, real facts' rants and made me wonder. What happened to the apparent £10mil we had in January to hand over to spurs?

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/footb ... ue-4190436

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 30 Aug 2013 20:37

We got relegated. It now fills the "black hole".

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2013 00:35

melonhead
Clearly it seems we were after both those strikers and at £4m it was not that unreasonable.

its not about reasonable or not, its about saying - i think the player is worth X
im willing to go this much higher, but no further, or else it will no longer make business sense.

id suggest that given the ammount of clubs willing to spend that much, who dont go up is quite high, making the gamble less worth it.how did the 8 million purchase of rhodes work out?

id suggest that a club that regularly makes ~ 5 million losses, year on year, in this division, would be off its rocker to spend another 4 million on any player.

I'd suggest that if the deals were close to completion and fell through at the last minute, it was not our valuation that was the issue, but either wages or the draw of PL football compared to championship.

You don't have a 'thought it was a done deal' if you haven't even had a bid accepted.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 31 Aug 2013 07:53

or failure of a medical

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 31 Aug 2013 08:11

Royal Ginger

I thought the ludicrous parachute payments are supposed to be filling the black hole.

I'd love to see QPR's accounts.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 31 Aug 2013 08:47

Royal91
Royal Ginger

I thought the ludicrous parachute payments are supposed to be filling the black hole.

I'd love to see QPR's accounts.

We had to sell every year we were receiving payments last time we came down when we had a much smaller wage bill, we weren't adding the likes of Bridge and Drenthe to the squad, nor were we buying up land and building a shiney new academy.

Not selling Le Fondre and McCarthy makes this the richest championship summer we've ever had.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 31 Aug 2013 09:46

Well this is going to be an exciting couple of days, am looking forward to seeing our 3 new additions................................or of course will this be another period of naive speculation.................big budget for new players----worked well lots of season tickets sold, theses fans are mugs we roll out the same lines each summer and they believe it lol !!

Guess the "half season" tickets will be offered with the "mega deals" in january

or just maybe we are going to make an attempt to get some proven quality, although the bit that concerned me a little was the news that Hammond was at the QPR v Swindon reserves cup match this week, otherwise known as the Capital Cup, so do Swindon have the next Akpan, Blackman who the rest of the league have missed ?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 31 Aug 2013 09:48

Sean Morrison had been a disasttrous failure

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 31 Aug 2013 10:05

I bet Hammond and Adkins are now getting very twitchy-they know if they don't deliver on a top class striker (for this division) ; its going to be a real struggle to get into the play offs and they will "lose" the backing of a large number of supporters.Blackman,Alf and Pog simply do not fulfil for different reasons what is required and given his age and injuries Roberts is unlikely to come back the player he was.

To be fair though-there is not a lot out there; unless they are aware of a hidden gem on the continent. I just hope they do not panic buy and end up just adding another passenger to an already large squad with half a dozen players who are just not up to it.

TBF I think we have enough to succeed ;except for the central striker who can hold the ball up , create and get 15 or so goals a season(Alfie will get the rest).

Esteban

by Esteban » 31 Aug 2013 10:10

Westwood52 I bet Hammond and Adkins are now getting very twitchy-they know if they don't deliver on a top class striker (for this division) ; its going to be a real struggle to get into the play offs and they will "lose" the backing of a large number of supporters.Blackman,Alf and Pog simply do not fulfil for different reasons what is required and given his age and injuries Roberts is unlikely to come back the player he was.

To be fair though-there is not a lot out there; unless they are aware of a hidden gem on the continent. I just hope they do not panic buy and end up just adding another passenger to an already large squad with half a dozen players who are just not up to it.

TBF I think we have enough to succeed ;except for the central striker who can hold the ball up , create and get 15 or so goals a season(Alfie will get the rest).

+1

Quite a conundrum for Adkins, but not buying a striker is better than buying a mediocre one. We have enough of them.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 31 Aug 2013 10:11

Ian Royal Sean Morrison had been a disasttrous failure

Odd choice of captain??

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 31 Aug 2013 10:16

Best signing i can see at the moment would be to recall Hector. He's supposedly really doing the business north of the border.

801 posts