Jimmy Kebe

830 posts
Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Kebe has gone

by Jackson Corner » 01 Sep 2013 03:28

Barry the bird boggler Blindingly brilliant on his day but sadly his days were few and far between. Combined with his recent injury record I think it's good business. I presume the fee is in excess of £1m?

750k That is a steal for Palarse

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Sep 2013 04:10

jellytot

Re: Jimmy Kebe

by jellytot » 01 Sep 2013 08:18

jimmy you have been taking the mickey for months. hope Palace go down and you are shown on
motd falling over or missing an open goal. both would do! BYE

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 01 Sep 2013 08:32

It's a big move for me," said Kebe. "I didn't know if I was going to be able to move in this transfer window but getting back to the Premier League was my main target. I'm very excited about it.

that statement would suggest Kebe was engineering a move for some time, saying that he wasn't sure if he'd be able to move in this window...no doubt he will turn out for palace and be an ever present for remainder of season..

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 01 Sep 2013 08:36

I expect the Reading players to come out for the Brighton game in Team Kebe t-shirts.

jellytot

by jellytot » 01 Sep 2013 08:41

DOYLERSAROYALER It's a big move for me," said Kebe. "I didn't know if I was going to be able to move in this transfer window but getting back to the Premier League was my main target. I'm very excited about it.

that statement would suggest Kebe was engineering a move for some time, saying that he wasn't sure if he'd be able to move in this window...no doubt he will turn out for palace and be an ever present for remainder of season..

yes, what a treacherous oxf*rd ! may his head fall off at an inconvenient moment!

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 01 Sep 2013 09:15

Royal Ginger Last time I was out for the evening we lost 6-0. Tonight i come home to this. Could give a man Agoraphobia.

Ha ha

rfc58

by rfc58 » 01 Sep 2013 10:04

Kebe on his day is/was brilliant, especially at this level, but for various reasons he doesn't have enough good days.

If the £2 million reported is what we got for him, that is good business.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 01 Sep 2013 10:31

Sebastian Overrated. Glad he's gone.

That's what we'll be saying about you soon.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 01 Sep 2013 10:36

southbank1871
Sebastian Overrated. Glad he's gone.

That's what we'll be saying about you soon.

Only nobody rates him.

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 01 Sep 2013 10:42

Whilst I am fairly neutral about Jinny's departure to "unsightly Croydon Town", the real obvious downside is that one less wide player means HRK has a greater chance of being selected for the starting 11.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 01 Sep 2013 11:01

bloody Volvo driver Whilst I am fairly neutral about Jinny's departure to "unsightly Croydon Town", the real obvious downside is that one less wide player means HRK has a greater chance of being selected for the starting 11.

+1

Upper West Ginger

by Upper West Ginger » 01 Sep 2013 11:16

So farewell then
Jimmy Kebe
You pulled your socks up
A long time ago

2.8 lita injection

by 2.8 lita injection » 01 Sep 2013 11:46

This has confirmed what I have always known about Reading fans.

They are utter oxf*rd, happy about one of your best players being sold and not being replaced, making out he was injured all the time when clearly his games played tells you something else. When someone posts about him being injured im pretty sure they dont go to games.

And then they say palace will get relegated to help them be bitter and twisted, As an avid away fan for the last 20 years i am embarrassed to a Reading fan and not for the first time.

Thanks for lighting up my away day trips Jimmy.

Spud Gun
Location: I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you ...

by Spud Gun » 01 Sep 2013 11:55

Libertine Anyone happy about this is sorely mistaken. On a side right now that is in desperate need of quality one of the few players we had who fit the bill has just flown the coop.

This is a big loss for a team. A happy, motivated and healthy Jimmy Kebe was a big part of why I felt we could/would go right back up next year. Oh well, as I have always said if players don't want to be here, to play for the team and fans, send them on their way. Just another hole we need to (but probably won't) fill in the squad before the window closes...

Even though in the end Jimmy gave a big "fuck you" to the team and us fans with the way this went down I will still wish him well.

Exactly this^. The one match winner in our squad has just left the club and some fans are happy about this :roll: .

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 01 Sep 2013 12:25

2.8 lita injection This has confirmed what I have always known about Reading fans.

They are utter oxf*rd, happy about one of your best players being sold and not being replaced, making out he was injured all the time when clearly his games played tells you something else. When someone posts about him being injured im pretty sure they dont go to games.

And then they say palace will get relegated to help them be bitter and twisted, As an avid away fan for the last 20 years i am embarrassed to a Reading fan and not for the first time.

Thanks for lighting up my away day trips Jimmy.

One of the best responses on this saga.well done. Yes Jimmy was injury prone - can't be denied - did he give 100% - yes all the time. He must be sad to see some of the negative responses on this site. He will be sad to leave Reading and all the genuine supporters - I do know that.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 01 Sep 2013 13:00

paddy20 One of the best responses on this saga.well done. Yes Jimmy was injury prone - can't be denied - did he give 100% - yes all the time. He must be sad to see some of the negative responses on this site. He will be sad to leave Reading and all the genuine supporters - I do know that.

Talk about RTG twaddle.
We didn't need to sell Kebe - he forced the move through by effectively refusing to play (he has previous with this) and he would have joined any team in the Premier League that would have him.
You may have loved his football, but he's not a loyal player - more a mercenary. Wake up and be realistic.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 01 Sep 2013 13:07

Sad to see him go in a way, he has done ok for us over the 6 years he was at the Mad Stad, a bit inconsistant maybe at times, but which speedy type of flair players doesnt have his quiet times.

It would seem pretty obvious that with his determination and enthusiastic manner since McDermott left that as far as Jimmy was concerned that was that with Reading,
quite likely Adkins saw him for what he was a spoilt little brat who, if he isnt being lauded as the teams saviour, invents injuries, sulks and all the teddys fly out, in reality they should have seen this coming with his sulky behaviour last January to get his improved contract and in all honesty done bugger all once he got it.

As he clearly went on injury strike and hasn't made the slightest effort to pull a Reading shirt on this past 4 or 5 months then good riddance to him, there would appear to be something going on when he had another mysterious hamstring twinge over the weekend so he couldn't play Tuesday night, although that is no suggestion that he had already decided that signing for Palace would have mystical effects on his ailments. Le coq off, we are better off without le froggy twat.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 01 Sep 2013 13:09

So finally the first and only player out of squad so far deemed good enough to go back and play in the PL after being signed by a PL club. Not sure if he is even worthy of that tbh.

Kebe is a decent player on his day, when he's up for it and in the mood, the trouble is that isn't that often enough. I've seen him have some great games in a Reading shirt, but also some poor ones where nothing works for him or he doesn't look interested. Can't blame him for wanting to stay in the PL though, and if we got £1m or over for him then that's good business on our part as he is 29 and quite injury prone.

Still, was one of few players in our side with a bit of skill and flair and sometimes was a great to watch.

Good luck at Palace Jimmy

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2013 13:34

Cypry
Royal Lady Until there is categoric evidence that he refused to play for us and wasn't injured, I'm going to believe Kebe. If the club were close to selling him to Palace, couldn't Palace have asked that he didn't play on Tuesday for fear of injury?

Hang on a minute - didn't Kebe come out himself on Wednesday and say that he'd ruled himself out of the game because he "felt his hamstring" on Monday?

You seem to be implying that you think that the club ruled him out of the game and Adkins is lying when he says the player declared himself unfit himself out, but the player has confirmed that fact himself - still, never mind, any excuse to attack Adkins/the club eh RL?

The only matter for debate seems to be whether he really was injured, or whether this was "convenient" on Kebes part to ensure he didn't get crocked just before a move to a PL side...Adkins obviously doesn't believe the player, and from other comments seems to believe that Kebe could have contributed towards the end of last season, but didn't.

So on one side you've got a player who has a history of forcing a move by not playing, who has only spoken to the press in the past when it's in his own best interest (when trying to extend a contract for example), who was rumoured to have said he'd never play for Reading after the sacking of McDermott and who it appears is on the verge on a move to a PL side.

On the other, a manager who has not said a bad word about the player until this week, who must've been frustrated about the unavailability of one of our best players late last season but who seemingly didn't really believe he was injured yet still didn't voice those frustrations, and who only spoke about the situation when directly asked about it in an interview....

I know which party I'm inclined to believe, and it's not the one currently flat hunting in South London....

No I'm really not - I'm saying that if Palace were close to signing him, and Kebe felt his hamstring was tight, he'd have been a bloody fool to play, get another injury and his move be off. Palace could very well have asked that he didn't play on Tuesday - whatever the bloody reasons, Adkins KNEW that a Palace move was imminent - so to blame Kebe for us losing 6-0, because he'd said he was injured, was just a shithouse thing to do in my opinion. Either managers stfu and get on with managing or they're open and honest about stuff - this "I'll tell you what I want to tell you" "I don't have to explain myself" bollox that Adkins seems to adhere to isn't doing him any favours at the moment. Whatever the reasoning behind Kebe not playing (injured or not) Adkins should have taken the result on the chin and taken the bloody blame. A bad workman always blames his tools.

830 posts