Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Jimmy Kebe

by Wimb » 01 Sep 2013 13:36

^^^ have to agree with RL there.

Cypry

by Cypry » 01 Sep 2013 14:35

I was at Peterborough, so I didn't hear Adkins interviewed after the game, but from what I've read and heard, Dellor brought up the Kebe situation, and then pressed the point and Adkins responded. Is that incorrect?

I can't see how Adkins is thought to have blamed Kebe for the defeat - about the game he desrcibed it as unacceptable and apologised to the fans. When asked about Kebe he told the truth, albeit with obvious frustration...

If you want to continue beating Adkins up over everything he does then that's up to you, but Kebes now a Palace player, and seemingly hasn't really been interested in playing for Reading since McDermott left. I'll be supporting Adkins and Reading, rather than attacking them....

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Sep 2013 14:38

At the end of the day it should be up to the medical staff to determine whether or not a player is fit to play, not the player themselves especially when said player was mouthing off on the radio about being fit 3 days earlier.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Sep 2013 15:31

Royal Lady Adkins KNEW that a Palace move was imminent - so to blame Kebe for us losing 6-0, because he'd said he was injured, was just a shithouse thing to do in my opinion.

When did he do that, then?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2013 15:35

Cypry I was at Peterborough, so I didn't hear Adkins interviewed after the game, but from what I've read and heard, Dellor brought up the Kebe situation, and then pressed the point and Adkins responded. Is that incorrect?

I can't see how Adkins is thought to have blamed Kebe for the defeat - about the game he desrcibed it as unacceptable and apologised to the fans. When asked about Kebe he told the truth, albeit with obvious frustration...

If you want to continue beating Adkins up over everything he does then that's up to you, but Kebes now a Palace player, and seemingly hasn't really been interested in playing for Reading since McDermott left. I'll be supporting Adkins and Reading, rather than attacking them....

Perhaps you'd like to point me in the direction of where I "continue beating Adkins up over everything he does" - I think you'll find I've said on BFTG threads, in particular, that I can see what he's trying to do here, that it will take time and that I am excited at the prospect of our football during the season. However, if I think Kebe has been blamed unfairly, I'll say so. Do you deny that Adkins even knew that Palace were imminently going to sign Kebe? Of course he knew, and he knew why Kebe wasn't playing - all he needed to say was that he was disappointed that Jimmy had felt his hamstring go and they didn't want to risk him, or something similar. Instead, knowing Kebe was almost certainly off, and possibly fearing some sort of backlash from fans as he is/was a fan's favourite, he decided to diss Kebe publicly and try and turn people against him. Which, to his credit, he appears to have done if you read some of the posts on here. I don't blame anyone for wanting to better themselves - and I don't blame Kebe for wanting to play Premier League football this season - whether he's still playing it next season remains to be seen. But that's the risk he takes.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2013 15:44

There's no need to be rude.

People on here were saying that Adkins was effectively blaming him to deflect the result from himself and wasn't Kebe quoted as saying he was being made the scape goat? :|

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 01 Sep 2013 15:45

Royal Lady There's no need to be rude.

People on here were saying that Adkins was effectively blaming him to deflect the result from himself and wasn't Kebe quoted as saying he was being made the scape goat? :|

"People on here" :|

So what did Adkins actually say?

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 01 Sep 2013 15:45

Royal Lady There's no need to be rude.

Adkins didn't blame Kebe for the defeat, full stop.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 01 Sep 2013 15:48

Royal Lady
Cypry I was at Peterborough, so I didn't hear Adkins interviewed after the game, but from what I've read and heard, Dellor brought up the Kebe situation, and then pressed the point and Adkins responded. Is that incorrect?

Perhaps you'd like to point me in the direction of where I "continue beating Adkins up over everything he does" - I think you'll find I've said on BFTG threads, in particular, that I can see what he's trying to do here, that it will take time and that I am excited at the prospect of our football during the season. However, if I think Kebe has been blamed unfairly, I'll say so. Do you deny that Adkins even knew that Palace were imminently going to sign Kebe? Of course he knew, and he knew why Kebe wasn't playing - all he needed to say was that he was disappointed that Jimmy had felt his hamstring go and they didn't want to risk him, or something similar. Instead, knowing Kebe was almost certainly off, and possibly fearing some sort of backlash from fans as he is/was a fan's favourite, he decided to diss Kebe publicly and try and turn people against him. Which, to his credit, he appears to have done if you read some of the posts on here. I don't blame anyone for wanting to better themselves - and I don't blame Kebe for wanting to play Premier League football this season - whether he's still playing it next season remains to be seen. But that's the risk he takes.

It was understandable that Kebe was reluctant to play against Peterboro in the circumstances. Had it been a league game he definitely would have. I think adkins reaction after the game was taken a bit out of context and at the wrong moment so didn't think he meant anything derogatory. However since then he has mentioned not playing last season and the beginning of this as though it was Jimmy's decision. There's absolutely no logic in that. If jimmy wanted to get back into the prem and he was fit of course he would have played as that was the best way to show his worth. So well said. Perhaps Adkins ploy was to deflect a little of the disappointment at losing Kebe by suggesting he did not want to play? If so thats far from the truth and says little for the manager. More likely its a bit of frustration at the lack of signings and the performances so far as I know they both got on well together. I think Jimmy ewill do well at Palace and I still thing Reading have got a good manager

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2013 15:50

Well, I definitely read it/heard it somewhere.

And if I am wrong, I apologise, however, being rude about me doesn't make you any better than me in the long run. Also, my point still stands that Adkins didn't have to say anything about how he was fit on the Monday and suddenly declared himself unfit on the Tuesday or whatever it was - he merely had to say, when asked, as I've already said, that he (Adkins) was disappointed that Jimmy had felt a tweak in his hamstring, but they didn't want to risk him. Particularly in a cup game which Adkins clearly wasn't taking seriously in the first place. It seems rather clear to me, that Adkins had no intention of playing him in a league game because he knew he was off anyway - thus, I don't blame Kebe for pulling out of the team if he was not 100% sure about his hamstring, knowing that it could easily stop his move to Palace if he played and got crocked.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Sep 2013 16:03

Royal Lady Well, I definitely read it/heard it somewhere.

And if I am wrong, I apologise, however, being rude about me doesn't make you any better than me in the long run. Also, my point still stands that Adkins didn't have to say anything about how he was fit on the Monday and suddenly declared himself unfit on the Tuesday or whatever it was - he merely had to say, when asked, as I've already said, that he (Adkins) was disappointed that Jimmy had felt a tweak in his hamstring, but they didn't want to risk him. Particularly in a cup game which Adkins clearly wasn't taking seriously in the first place. It seems rather clear to me, that Adkins had no intention of playing him in a league game because he knew he was off anyway - thus, I don't blame Kebe for pulling out of the team if he was not 100% sure about his hamstring, knowing that it could easily stop his move to Palace if he played and got crocked.

Shut up until you know what you're talking about.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2013 16:05

There you go again....a grown "man" and I use the term loosely, thinking it's ok to swear about me and diss me just because I've said something that may have been wrong. I said I apologised if I'd got the wrong end of the stick - but some of my points still stand. I am sick and tired of people like you thinking it's ok to abuse others on here just because they say stuff you don't like. I suggest you wind your neck in in future.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 01 Sep 2013 16:09

You wouldn't attack an old Lady in the street so why is it acceptable to do it on here?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 Sep 2013 16:10

Royal Lady There you go again....a grown "man" and I use the term loosely, thinking it's ok to swear about me and diss me just because I've said something that may have been wrong. I said I apologised if I'd got the wrong end of the stick - but some of my points still stand. I am sick and tired of people like you thinking it's ok to abuse others on here just because they say stuff you don't like. I suggest you wind your neck in in future.

I'm sick of you talking bollocks, don't like abuse, stop doing it.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with swearing, it's a useful tool for emphasis and communication. The point you're missing is that you think that some of your points still stand, when they don't because you haven't made any effort to find out what you're talking about. Go away, read about what actually happened so you're marginally informed and then come back and we'll chat.

And frankly, the "I'm a poor unfortunate getting bullied" doesn't wash RL. You dish out plenty and then go crying about anything you get back. Don't impress me.

Sandman: I haven't attacked anyone. And if you think I wouldn't be rude to an old lady in the street who'd done something to deserve it, you're very much mistaken.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2013 16:14

There is something wrong with swearing when you're aiming it at a person in particular and it's not just a bloody or a oxf*rd.

Some of my points DO still stand. The points about Adkins not having to go into detail about Kebe not being injured, then being injured blah blah blah. The fact that it is highly likely that either a) Palace had asked that he didn't play or b) Kebe didn't want to risk his hamstring going - the fact that it is highly UNLIKELY that Adkins wasn't aware a deal was imminent. The fact that it is highly likely that he wanted to slate Kebe to some extent, because he feared a back lash when Kebe left. All quite pertinent points and not entirely implausible.

Please just put me on ignore, or do not swear at me again.

EDIT: who is crying? I don't complain when it's a mutual argument - you've just attacked me - if you read back I've said nothing to you that was swearing or rude. And what a big man you must be (LOL) if you think shouting at an old woman in the street is acceptable. I think you'll find you've shown yourself up here, not me.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 01 Sep 2013 16:20

RL may well be frustr8ing in her approach to posting (and reality), but there really is no need for this level of personal attacks.

TheLawnMowerMan
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by TheLawnMowerMan » 01 Sep 2013 16:29

Basically Kebe did a McGhee or a Pardew, but because he is a player some of us liked, lots of you wax lyrical about him.
Get over it - he wanted to leave, and left so quickly that he probably left all his kit at the training ground.
What's more, he didn't even hide the fact that he would have joined any team in the PL.
If you adore a player and he turns out to not give a stuff about the club, then I'm sure it is hard. But - it's your problem.
We'll have much better than Kebe in years to come, and when I look back I'll still prefer Gilkes to Kebe.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2013 16:36

If he'd gone to another Championship club, I'd have been livid - but he went to Premier League, and as I say, I don't blame him for that at all. Whether the risk he has taken works out for him by end of next season, that remains to be seen - but I, for one, wish him well.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 01 Sep 2013 16:37

TheLawnMowerMan Basically Kebe did a McGhee or a Pardew, but because he is a player some of us liked, lots of you wax lyrical about him.
Get over it - he wanted to leave, and left so quickly that he probably left all his kit at the training ground.
What's more, he didn't even hide the fact that he would have joined any team in the PL.
If you adore a player and he turns out to not give a stuff about the club, then I'm sure it is hard. But - it's your problem.
We'll have much better than Kebe in years to come, and when I look back I'll still prefer Gilkes to Kebe.

'greed

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 01 Sep 2013 16:38

Platypuss RL may well be frustr8ing in her approach to posting (and reality), but there really is no need for this level of personal attacks.

Did you remove his posts?

Shame if you did, other people should see what he's like.

830 posts