Announcements Today

223 posts
Hatty9

Re: Announcements Today

by Hatty9 » 03 Sep 2013 14:15

Can't help but think now Sissoko is a fee agent and every knows about it that he will get more offers than just ours and that gut feeling comes back that one of those will seem more appealing to him.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 03 Sep 2013 14:16

MouldyRoyal A striker is still the priority anyway, not a DCM. But that has been the case all transfer window. Am a little disappointed to be honest :cry:

Oh lord I am turning into the rest of the TBmongs.

:arrow:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Sep 2013 14:18

MouldyRoyal A striker is still the priority anyway, not a DCM. But that has been the case all transfer window. Am a little disappointed to be honest :cry:

In many ways you're worse than they are.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Sep 2013 14:19

As mealy mouthed statements from club PR departments go, that's really mealy.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 03 Sep 2013 14:22

Pepe the Horseman

In many ways you're worse than they are.

WHERE'S THE MONEY GONE!? Mad-jet-ski out!

Am I doing this right?

JIM

by JIM » 03 Sep 2013 14:23

Well thats another one we just missed. What a lousy transfer day that was. Millions spent by smaller clubs ,and the pretender premier club diddly s..t. Wonder what the owners will say when a few matches pass with a handful of supporters as the rest of us stay away cause we are pissed off.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 03 Sep 2013 14:26

JIM Well thats another one we just missed. What a lousy transfer day that was. Millions spent by smaller clubs ,and the pretender premier club diddly s..t. Wonder what the owners will say when a few matches pass with a handful of supporters as the rest of us stay away cause we are pissed off.

Well if you don't know, JIM, I don't know how the rest of us mere mortals are supposed to know.

RepressedRoyal

by RepressedRoyal » 03 Sep 2013 14:27

That was such a piss poor club statement it made me quite nauseous. The way the O/S PR machine talks to it's fans, or should I say customers, is with total arrogance that is bordering on disdain.
Last edited by RepressedRoyal on 03 Sep 2013 14:28, edited 1 time in total.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 03 Sep 2013 14:28

We brought in three good players during this transfer window. I don't know how much wages we're paying, or what signing on fees were paid, but the transfer fees weren't high. What we didn't do was to join in with Sky's TDD nonsense, a massive marketing scheme that pushes up the prices and expectations. Good luck to QPR and Palace and the other clubs who were sucked in (Bury signed 21 players ffs) but what they've done is a massive gamble which is by no means certain of success. Maybe when the powers that be said they would bring in some players yesterday, they underestimated the money that would have to be paid. Maybe this was the thought process, maybe not. I don't know, and to be honest, I don't care. To slate Adkins for saying we'll go up this season is just nonsense.

jimmy wheelers mate

by jimmy wheelers mate » 03 Sep 2013 14:32

The RFC board are STILL ALIVE but totally inactive as usual

Harrydog

by Harrydog » 03 Sep 2013 14:35

blackman to continue up front then :o

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 03 Sep 2013 14:36

Unbelievable Jeff http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article/active-030913-1033369.aspx

Apparently he's had offers from other European clubs and has yet to make a decision.

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 Sep 2013 14:37

Or now Pog's future is certain - until January - Adkins might start to actually use him a bit more.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Sep 2013 14:38

kwik-silva Or now Pog's future is certain - until January - Adkins might start to actually use him a bit more.

Couldn't Pog be loaned out then?

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 03 Sep 2013 14:38

Well of course he could but isn't he now only allowed out for 3 months? What would be the point?

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Sep 2013 14:45

kwik-silva Well of course he could but isn't he now only allowed out for 3 months? What would be the point?

You know, make a saving.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Sep 2013 14:46

kwik-silva Well of course he could but isn't he now only allowed out for 3 months? What would be the point?

Is this correct? are only 3 month loans allowed now? If so, AZ, Madejski and Hammond have F8cked up big time in this window. There are significant holes in our squad (strikers and central defenders) and you can't expect to fill them and mount a serious promotion push with 3 month loans.

Hammond might be good at selling (we can't actually tell as fees are undisclosed) but there is an ever growing body of evidence to suggest that he is shyte at signing players, particularly when competing against other clubs.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 03 Sep 2013 14:47

To help a Conference side get back into the league

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 03 Sep 2013 14:51

RepressedRoyal That was such a piss poor club statement it made me quite nauseous. The way the O/S PR machine talks to it's fans, or should I say customers, is with total arrogance that is bordering on disdain.

Why should the football club reveal all their negotiations, successful or otherwise, with the general public? Name me one club that does. It would be commercial suicide. We've all bought into this SSN TDD rubbish. Some people even took the day off work! At the end of the day, how many Champ sides made signings yesterday? Eight - that's a third, one in three. I am sure that the vast majority of us were disappointed as we drifted off to sleep, having checked our Twitter accounts one last time at 11.01, but we are the ones being unrealistic. Some of the sentiment expressed today has been quite pathetic. In fact, spoilt brat pathetic - 'It's not fair, I want a Jordan or a Gylfi', 'You said I could have a Cameron and you promised me a Momo!' We should all calm down, stop listening to SDR and get a sense of perspective.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Sep 2013 15:06

M Brook
RepressedRoyal That was such a piss poor club statement it made me quite nauseous. The way the O/S PR machine talks to it's fans, or should I say customers, is with total arrogance that is bordering on disdain.

Why should the football club reveal all their negotiations, successful or otherwise, with the general public? Name me one club that does. It would be commercial suicide. We've all bought into this SSN TDD rubbish. Some people even took the day off work! At the end of the day, how many Champ sides made signings yesterday? Eight - that's a third, one in three. I am sure that the vast majority of us were disappointed as we drifted off to sleep, having checked our Twitter accounts one last time at 11.01, but we are the ones being unrealistic. Some of the sentiment expressed today has been quite pathetic. In fact, spoilt brat pathetic - 'It's not fair, I want a Jordan or a Gylfi', 'You said I could have a Cameron and you promised me a Momo!' We should all calm down, stop listening to SDR and get a sense of perspective.

Agree with that. People like TBM stayed up all night wearing fluffy muppet slippers.

223 posts