Why wont the club tell us the truth?

196 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Why wont the club tell us the truth?

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2013 17:39

DOYLERSAROYALER forget the bullshite coming out from club PR dept......did the club actually speak to any players yesterday????....leaving aside sissoko there in hotel with kebe.....I don't think they did or had any intention to....

Yes, there were photos of Hammond speaking to three different players from some nutters hiding in a bush. There were also people in the hotel who took photos of a couple of players and Adkins. And who spotted Hammond & co in talks with various people.

So your inclination is, unsurprisingly given it's based on nothing but your ignorant bias, dead wrong.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 03 Sep 2013 17:40

melonhead
and they can afford it to be?

Why can't we afford it to be? Matey says we can, boasting about seven new players and bringing in a manager who is willing to spend what apparently the other one didn't.

If we are still a frugal outfit, why claim to be otherwise? Wouldn't have any complaints if there weren't all these assurances of investment every five minutes.

If a lack of money is your answer, it isn't a very good one.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 03 Sep 2013 17:46

Oh so close, yet so far, yet another transfer Window closes and Hammond worked his magic once again :?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2013 17:48

Extended-Phenotype
melonhead
and they can afford it to be?

Why can't we afford it to be? Matey says we can, boasting about seven new players and bringing in a manager who is willing to spend what apparently the other one didn't.

If we are still a frugal outfit, why claim to be otherwise? Wouldn't have any complaints if there weren't all these assurances of investment every five minutes.

If a lack of money is your answer, it isn't a very good one.

If we were still the same frugal outfit, we wouldn't have signed Royston Drenthe, Danny Williams and Wayne Bridge. We'd have got three players from League One.

But no where has Anton ever said the way the club was run would change. His arrival means we don't have to tout players to make up losses. That we can raise the wage bill a little and invest in infrastructure to grow the club.

Lets not forget that when seven new players was suggested, no one expected Pearce or HRK to stay. No matter what you think of their quality, those players remove the need for two of those signings. And if we'd signed players of their quality and reputation from other Champ clubs, everyone would be delighted. We also had rumours Howe expected two to leave (after the released lot), so it's not like Kebe and Mariappa were particularly unexpected. Maybe we hoped one would be Pog and we'd keep Kebe.

Magic Hat

by Magic Hat » 03 Sep 2013 17:56

QPR and Wigan made around £15m and £20m respectively in player sales, which some aren't mentioning. None of the 3 relegated clubs have spent more than they've made, it's just QPR and Wigan were relegated with some much better players which there were unable to hold onto.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 03 Sep 2013 17:58

Ian Royal
DOYLERSAROYALER forget the bullshite coming out from club PR dept......did the club actually speak to any players yesterday????....leaving aside sissoko there in hotel with kebe.....I don't think they did or had any intention to....

Yes, there were photos of Hammond speaking to three different players from some nutters hiding in a bush. There were also people in the hotel who took photos of a couple of players and Adkins. And who spotted Hammond & co in talks with various people.

So your inclination is, unsurprisingly given it's based on nothing but your ignorant bias, dead wrong.

speaking to people doesn't necessarily mean that they were players and/or agents...,so like myself you too have no basis but your ignorant bias....,touche :D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2013 18:01

DOYLERSAROYALER
Ian Royal

speaking to people doesn't necessarily mean that they were players and/or agents...,so like myself you too have no basis but your ignorant bias....,touche :D

Except one has clearly been identified as Sissoko. And the club has clearly said they were speaking to him yesterday.

The other two I'm not sure if they've been identified for definite, there are suspicions. But they were obviously players.

But don't let facts get in the way of your baseless rant.

DOYLERSAROYALER
Hob Nob Regular

by DOYLERSAROYALER » 03 Sep 2013 18:06

your basis isn't on fact though Ian...you suspect they were players...but you don't know ...so fact isn't getting in the way :D

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Sep 2013 18:07

Oh that's ok guys. Forget the monumental ****up, we were talking to Sissoko.

All is ok, I have faith in Anton now.

Cool.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Sep 2013 18:15

Yeah - I can imagine the talks with Sissoko - "Hi Mr Sissoko, we can offer you £x a week in wages, come join us" Him - "I want £x" Us "Oh OK. Nice talking to you"

And as for the utter bollox coming out of the club about we've still got the loan market and the emergency transfer window - RFC - "Hi is that the FA - we need a striker desperately, can we sign one as an emergency please" FA "LOLz - should have signed one during the transfer window you chumps". :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2013 18:19

DOYLERSAROYALER your basis isn't on fact though Ian...you suspect they were players...but you don't know ...so fact isn't getting in the way :D

It's a fukload more than you've got.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2013 18:20

Royal Lady Yeah - I can imagine the talks with Sissoko - "Hi Mr Sissoko, we can offer you £x a week in wages, come join us" Him - "I want £x" Us "Oh OK. Nice talking to you"

And as for the utter bollox coming out of the club about we've still got the loan market and the emergency transfer window - RFC - "Hi is that the FA - we need a striker desperately, can we sign one as an emergency please" FA "LOLz - should have signed one during the transfer window you chumps". :roll:

You don't really know how the transfer system works do you...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 03 Sep 2013 18:25

I know how the emergency transfer system works, thanks - so quite why RFC media people think it's worth mentioning is beyond me. Unless we had all our strike force out injured in a freak incident on the training field, we won't get ANYONE in as an emergency.

Which is just what my little scenario above states.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Sep 2013 18:37

Royal Lady I know how the emergency transfer system works, thanks - so quite why RFC media people think it's worth mentioning is beyond me. Unless we had all our strike force out injured in a freak incident on the training field, we won't get ANYONE in as an emergency.

That demonstrates that you don't know how it works, because that's just not true.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Sep 2013 18:44

Ian Royal
Royal Lady I know how the emergency transfer system works, thanks - so quite why RFC media people think it's worth mentioning is beyond me. Unless we had all our strike force out injured in a freak incident on the training field, we won't get ANYONE in as an emergency.

That demonstrates that you don't know how it works, because that's just not true.

Agreeing with Ian again!

The emergency scenario is a complete farce, which is obviously required in order to allow the Football League etc. to get around some stupid regulation/legal restriction. It would seem in the absurd world of professional football virtually anything can be counted as an emergency!

What is more worrying is that, judging from previous statements, Adkins does not like to use short term loans unless the players concerned are of absolute top quality. What chance of Hammond managing to land any of them when we are competing against other clubs who show far more determination to succeed in the transfer market and are prepared to put decent money where their mouths are?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 04 Sep 2013 07:10

Oh dear!

The short term loans that Football League clubs are allowed to make outside of the transfer windows are called emergency loans. This is just a slightly bizarre wording to get round the transfer window regulations and they don't have to be emergencies at all.

One of my criticisms of the club, since Pardew left, is that we've not been aggressive enough in the transfer market. My gut feeling is that this window we have been and as a result we've signed players we never would've considered a few years ago and I think we probably looked to sign further players of a higher calibre than we'd previously have aimed at in our current position.

Those moves haven't come off and that's a bit of a pain in the arse yes, but, as much as I'm usually quite crtitical of the club over such things, I feel pretty comfortable with it this time around. I'm still pretty sure we'll see further reinforcements coming in shortly.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Sep 2013 08:41

Well, I apologise and bow to your knowledge chaps - I've always thought "emergency" window was for just that - rather than just a loan window. You learn something new every day. Soz.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 04 Sep 2013 08:57

Point is, some people are saying the club have done nothing wrong and I disagree.

Either they were misleading with their intent, or the intent was there but mistakes were made in the transfer window - targeting the wrong players, not targeting enough players, poor valuation; doesn't matter - if you say you need/want seven players and only manage three, someone somewhere has f/cked up.

In which case, the club are more than open to criticism in my opinion.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 04 Sep 2013 09:16

Tbf to the club 90 day loan deals are a great way to "build a team" and "change the style".

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 04 Sep 2013 09:22

sandman Tbf to the club 90 day loan deals are a great way to "build a team" and "change the style".

I made a similar point on BBCRB yesterday - what's the point of getting someone in on loan for a short period of time, who we, most likely, won't be able to afford to sign permanently. They might help get us up to the Prem, but if we can't retain them - we're back to square one looking to buy in more players, who then have to adapt to NA style etc etc.

196 posts