Pyro

155 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Pyro

by Royal Lady » 04 Sep 2013 13:19

Anyone who thinks theses are a "bit of a laugh" are completely moronic in my view. One was set off the other week in the away end at the Mad Stad - and the smell from the smoke was quite evident, even over at Y24. People with asthma and other bronchial related illnesses could be quite ill because of these - they are dangerous. If you can't watch a football match without feeling the need to set off one of these, then maybe football isn't for you.

If an RFC fan is ever caught setting off one of these at a game, home or away, I hope they are banned from football matches for life. It's against the law - so it up. :twisted: :evil:

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 04 Sep 2013 13:29

Royal Lady Anyone who thinks theses are a "bit of a laugh" are completely moronic in my view. One was set off the other week in the away end at the Mad Stad - and the smell from the smoke was quite evident, even over at Y24. People with asthma and other bronchial related illnesses could be quite ill because of these - they are dangerous. If you can't watch a football match without feeling the need to set off one of these, then maybe football isn't for you.

If an RFC fan is ever caught setting off one of these at a game, home or away, I hope they are banned from football matches for life. It's against the law - so it up. :twisted: :evil:

only because you're so old you have lungs that look like a microwaved Ginsters pasty - just put your fleese over you mouth

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 04 Sep 2013 14:57

Royal Lady Anyone who thinks theses are a "bit of a laugh" are completely moronic in my view. One was set off the other week in the away end at the Mad Stad - and the smell from the smoke was quite evident, even over at Y24. People with asthma and other bronchial related illnesses could be quite ill because of these - they are dangerous. If you can't watch a football match without feeling the need to set off one of these, then maybe football isn't for you.

Oh come on.

Lots of things at a football match can be dangerous, do we ban everything or set unreasonable punishments as a result?

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 04 Sep 2013 15:14

1. It's really not bad for your lungs unless you have SERIOUS lung issues.

2. Standing's illegal. Who gives a shit?

biff

by biff » 04 Sep 2013 19:41

:lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 04 Sep 2013 22:43

Pleased I'm not the only one who feels this way RL.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 04 Sep 2013 23:35

Coming from someone who smokes 60 a day? :mrgreen: I'm afraid you've done more harm to the environment/others round you than these flares have.

FYI - I'm swinging towards the opinion that pyro is for pwopa bellends.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 05 Sep 2013 12:34

I'm asthmatic, it wafted over to Y25, it didn't do me any harm. However, compare it to the smokers outside the ground or the ones you have to walk behind when you leave the ground, that does affect my chest. I don't think the smokers care much about my health though, do you?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Sep 2013 12:47

I wouldn't have thought so

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 05 Sep 2013 13:48

LoyalRoyalFan

Oh come on.

Lots of things at a football match can be dangerous, do we ban everything or set unreasonable punishments as a result?

Footballs flying into the crowd. Ban them!!

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 05 Sep 2013 13:50

Smokers should be made to stand in the B&Q car park.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 05 Sep 2013 14:34

Well, good luck to you belmonts who want to bring in flares. You set them off and then you see what happens. Wannabe AC Milan fans or whatever. Pathetic.

And I smoke outside, not in the ground. At half time, if people who don't smoke want to go outside, it's not like they don't know there will be smokers there.

:roll:

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 05 Sep 2013 15:01

Royal Lady Well, good luck to you belmonts who want to bring in flares. You set them off and then you see what happens. Wannabe AC Milan fans or whatever. Pathetic.

And I smoke outside, not in the ground. At half time, if people who don't smoke want to go outside, it's not like they don't know there will be smokers there.

:roll:

Are you saying I shouldn't be allowed to get some fresh air in an open space because I don't smoke? You've lost my vote for STAR.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 05 Sep 2013 15:20

You're being an arse here RL so I'll reply in an equal manner:

I'll start giving a shit about filling people's lungs with smoke when you stop filling your own and others around you's with smoke, tar and other shit.

FYI - I have nothing against smokers

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Sep 2013 15:25

If people are going do the smoke bombs at least practice at home first.
There were far too many pathetic attempts at Yeovil.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 05 Sep 2013 16:17

97 posts arguing about a bit of smoke on a terrace

Jeeeeesus, it could only be Reading FC

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 05 Sep 2013 17:17

My only issue with this is that it all looks a bit try-hard and a bit Crystal Palace.

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 05 Sep 2013 17:37

Out of interest how does setting off a smoke bomb make an away day more fun? Especially when you set it off and then kick it down the terrace so you can't be caught.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 05 Sep 2013 17:42

LWJ Out of interest how does setting off a smoke bomb make an away day more fun? Especially when you set it off and then kick it down the terrace so you can't be caught.

Just gets you noticed I guess, a 'look at us' and if you sing whilst it's going off the spectacle is much more than the usual noise, you get a visual impact as well, it works much better in Europe with the big displays and everyone screaming, I'll admit it does look a little lame with one smoke bomb, but I'd love it if the full thing took off in the UK, like the Liverpool display at Fulham:

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 05 Sep 2013 17:44

Also, this, the single best use of pyro I've seen in the UK, red flares in the Man United end at the City Of Manchester during the Blue Moon lights out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg9RTHik2UU

155 posts