Pogrebnyak

964 posts
Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pogrebnyak

by Reading4eva » 06 Sep 2013 13:43

OK. As you all know I am not Pavel's biggest fan but lets give him a go. Before we launch head first into the loan market lets give him a chance.

I will be really annoyed with Adkins if Pog does not get 90 minutes against Oman. Lets set him a target too. In this game as its his first back I think we need to see one goal, with proof that he is causing a menace in their box. Then start him against Brighton.

For failing this performance plan: Three years of training with the Academy and no squad number for the forseeable future

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 06 Sep 2013 14:46

Boss speaks to frontman

Royals boss Nigel Adkins has held a meeting with striker Pavel Pogrebnyak since the closing of the transfer window, and believes the Russian international has a 'fresh start' at Madejski Stadium.

Adkins said, "With the window open there was lots of speculation about Pavel leaving or whatever.

"We’ve got an international Russian striker who has played in the Premier League and scored goals.

"It’s fair to say he’s had a disappointing period but it’s a fresh start for him.

"We’ve had a conversation, we’ve done one-on-ones with the players this week.

"Again the mindset, the togetherness we need and the expectation of what is required is that we pull in the same direction and we get ourselves right to where we want to be."

Speaking generally, the boss added, "Maybe with the window closing now – it’s human nature that people do move round – maybe some of the players that could have had outside influences, will give it everything they’ve got for the football club."

Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... iLELiws.99

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

by Reading4eva » 06 Sep 2013 15:54

St. Brynjar
Boss speaks to frontman

Royals boss Nigel Adkins has held a meeting with striker Pavel Pogrebnyak since the closing of the transfer window, and believes the Russian international has a 'fresh start' at Madejski Stadium.

Adkins said, "With the window open there was lots of speculation about Pavel leaving or whatever.

"We’ve got an international Russian striker who has played in the Premier League and scored goals.

"It’s fair to say he’s had a disappointing period but it’s a fresh start for him.

"We’ve had a conversation, we’ve done one-on-ones with the players this week.

"Again the mindset, the togetherness we need and the expectation of what is required is that we pull in the same direction and we get ourselves right to where we want to be."

Speaking generally, the boss added, "Maybe with the window closing now – it’s human nature that people do move round – maybe some of the players that could have had outside influences, will give it everything they’ve got for the football club."

Read more at http://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/article ... iLELiws.99

Positive vibes from the manager. Can we expect him to turn it round and become brilliant

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 06 Sep 2013 16:30

Damage perhaps done.

Looked a great buy at first but McD struggled with 4-5-1 and went back to his old ways; unfairly Pog was one of the fall guys. Stops and starts didn’t help his confidence and he couldn’t seem to get it together when he was finally given another chance. Seemed destined to be sold (I expect he knew the club wanted him gone as much as he wanted out) so has been rarely used.

Fresh start could be on the cards, but only if the manager bothers to play him in competitive fixtures.

I'd much rather see us take a gamble on Pog coming good then pursuing with Blackman.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Sep 2013 16:40

We went back to 442 last season out of necessity because Pogrebnyak got himself sent off.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 06 Sep 2013 16:50

Extended-Phenotype Damage perhaps done.

Looked a great buy at first but McD struggled with 4-5-1 and went back to his old ways; unfairly Pog was one of the fall guys. Stops and starts didn’t help his confidence and he couldn’t seem to get it together when he was finally given another chance. Seemed destined to be sold (I expect he knew the club wanted him gone as much as he wanted out) so has been rarely used.

Fresh start could be on the cards, but only if the manager bothers to play him in competitive fixtures.

I'd much rather see us take a gamble on Pog coming good then pursuing with Blackman.

+1

Magic Hat

by Magic Hat » 06 Sep 2013 16:50

Is he with the Russia squad? If not it could do his confidence some good to score a hatful against Oman.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 06 Sep 2013 16:57

sandman We went back to 442 last season out of necessity because Pogrebnyak got himself sent off.

That was in February, m8?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 06 Sep 2013 17:33

Correct! After the Wigan game at home where Pogrebnyak stupidly got sent off and we didn't have anyone else to play the lone frontman role so we stopped using the 4-5-1 we'd been playing up since the Man City away game and switched back to the 4-4-2 we'd played in most of the games before. He was dropped earlier in the season yes but we weren't playing a 4-5-1 then.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 06 Sep 2013 17:41

sandman Correct! After the Wigan game at home where Pogrebnyak stupidly got sent off and we didn't have anyone else to play the lone frontman role so we stopped using the 4-5-1 we'd been playing up since the Man City away game and switched back to the 4-4-2 we'd played in most of the games before. He was dropped earlier in the season yes but we weren't playing a 4-5-1 then.

The striker we need now is utterly different to the one we needed last season. The way we play now should suit Pog much better. He's not a target man type striker, incorporating him into a fluid footballing formation should be much easier than trying to make him into Andy Carroll.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Sep 2013 17:52

Largely agree with this. But for the last six months he's been atrocious when he has played and missed a hatful of simple chances.

It was epitomised for me with his performance at Posh. Yes the whole team played poorly and he had a couple of decent bits of build up play early on. But still ALF had more chances than him, fluffing them admittedly, but not as badly as Pog fluffed the only chance I recall he got. The easiest chance in open play of the entire match. And he really added little that ALF didn't in build up play bar those couple of early touches.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 06 Sep 2013 17:59

sandman Correct! After the Wigan game at home where Pogrebnyak stupidly got sent off and we didn't have anyone else to play the lone frontman role so we stopped using the 4-5-1 we'd been playing up since the Man City away game and switched back to the 4-4-2 we'd played in most of the games before. He was dropped earlier in the season yes but we weren't playing a 4-5-1 then.

Sort of what I mean. McD prematurely dropped the 4-5-1 after about a month. Stuck with Pog for a few more games and then dropped him and went with Roberts partnered with Hunt or Alf right up until late December. Brought Pog back in again, seemed to be doing okay and then after the sending off we didn't really see him much until the end of the season where his confidence had gone.

Dunno, but in my opinion if we'd stuck with the 4-5-1 a bit longer, given it a chance to bed in, we might have been more competitive, perhaps even supplying Pog more and seeing him grow into the team.

All ifs and buts admittedly, yet I think we are just as much at fault for Pog's form as he was.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 06 Sep 2013 18:02

Extended-Phenotype we are just as much at fault for Pog's form as he was.

What the fuck did I do?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 06 Sep 2013 20:35

Ouroboros

What the fuck did I do?

It's what you didn't do

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 07 Sep 2013 13:21

Pepe the Horseman
Ouroboros

What the fuck did I do?

It's what you didn't do

Win a header? :?

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 09 Sep 2013 12:45

Pepe the Horseman
Ouroboros

What the fuck did I do?

It's what you didn't do

I Know What You Did Last Season.

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 10 Sep 2013 17:08

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... eries.html

About to feature in a new TV fly on the wall documentary!!!

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 10 Sep 2013 17:21

First time I`ve seen his wife , wow.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Sep 2013 17:33

windermere_royal First time I`ve seen his wife , wow.

She's no Katsia, who will be devastated to know she isn't my type either.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 10 Sep 2013 19:04

Maybe he should concentrate on his football first instead of all these red carpet events and TV fxcking shows.

964 posts