Pogrebnyak

964 posts
Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Pogrebnyak

by Nameless » 15 Sep 2013 18:54

Have to say first of all that Rother is so wrong in his understanding of the game.

Regarding Pog I was a long way from the incident so it's hard to really be sure but it seemed a very harsh decision. The ref had put himself in a bad situation by being too card happy earlier but a moment's thought would have been a good idea. It's hard to understand why something as minor as a questionable over egging of a foul is worth a card whilst a studs up tackle (Brighton player after 5 mins or so) gets just a warning.

The ref allowed other players to throw themselves to ground (Lua Lua twice and another Brighton player on the left side of midfield in the second half) .

Can't see how anyone could question the Brighton red, studs in the chest has to be a red. I suspect Brighton will appeal and get away with it.

Having said all that Pog was stupid to get into the situation where a red was even an option. He should be strong enough to shake off physical defenders and not go to ground.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Sep 2013 18:56

SCIAG
Royal Rother Throwing yourself to the ground with a little pirouette when you've had your arm held is simulation.

I have no idea why anyone would think otherwise.

FIFA and IFAB think otherwise, and it is their opinion that the game is supposed to be played by.

I've no idea why you would say that.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Sep 2013 18:58

Royal Rother
SCIAG
Royal Rother Throwing yourself to the ground with a little pirouette when you've had your arm held is simulation.

I have no idea why anyone would think otherwise.

FIFA and IFAB think otherwise, and it is their opinion that the game is supposed to be played by.

Read my previous post, in which I quote directly from the LOTG? :|

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Sep 2013 19:03

Nameless Have to say first of all that Rother is so wrong in his understanding of the game.

Regarding Pog I was a long way from the incident so it's hard to really be sure....

Yeah. You see I was very close and able to see it in slow motion from several angles so I possibly had a better view than you did.

Does it strike you as odd that nobody (incl Jason Roberts who put up minimal defence) really seems to have disagreed with the Pog 2nd card apart from a few Hobnobbers?

Oh and has anyone disagreed with the other red? I missed that.

finchroyal

by finchroyal » 15 Sep 2013 19:04

2nd yellow included the offence by player, simulating the referee showing a card to the brighton player

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Sep 2013 19:09

SCIAG
Royal Rother
SCIAG FIFA and IFAB think otherwise, and it is their opinion that the game is supposed to be played by.

Read my previous post, in which I quote directly from the LOTG? :|

Oh do leave it out. He had his arm tugged, then when he was released threw himself to the ground as if he'd been pushed / knocked over.

To suggest that FIFA's LOTG say that's not simulation is laughable.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Sep 2013 19:09

Royal Rother
Yeah. You see I was very close and able to see it in slow motion from several angles so I possibly had a better view than you did.

That's not the point. If you see something but then don't understand the relevant laws then you aren;t going to come up with the right interpretation. If you saw Pog being held then he was being fouled - so what exactly do you think he was simulating ?

Royal Rother Does it strike you as odd that nobody (incl Jason Roberts who put up minimal defence) really seems to have disagreed with the Pog 2nd card apart from a few Hobnobbers?

Sky called it questionable, Nigel Adkins agrees with you that Pog WAS fouled and the card was wrong.. In fact he wasn't to impressed with the first card either, rightly making the point that Lua Lua managed to take 2 strides before spotting he'd lost the ball and would have to fall over. Not that he was simulating anything of course....

Royal Rother Oh and has anyone disagreed with the other red? I missed that.

No idea, I gave my opinion. If you want to find out what others think you'll need to do your own research I'm afraid.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Sep 2013 19:13

Jeez Nameless, you said "can't see how anyone could question the Brighton red...".

I'm simply asking you who had questioned it as you seemed to be suggesting someone had.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 15 Sep 2013 19:13

Royal Rother Oh do leave it out. He had his arm tugged, then when he was released threw himself to the ground as if he'd been pushed / knocked over.

To suggest that FIFA's LOTG say that's not simulation is laughable.

So you are saying that he was fouled, the ref did nothing. The Brighton player stopped fouling him, he threw himself to the ground, and the ref sends him off.

And the ref had a decent game? :roll:

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Sep 2013 19:16

Royal Rother Jeez Nameless, you said "can't see how anyone could question the Brighton red...".

I'm simply asking you who had questioned it as you seemed to be suggesting someone had.

Jeez Rother, You misunderstood. Accept it and move on....

Percy's Rocket

by Percy's Rocket » 15 Sep 2013 19:17

I was going to come on and hammer the Pog for deliberately getting sent off AGAIN. However more important to me the diving is pathetic and makes me mad.
If they are going to have this simulation rule hammer them just for the dive rather than considering whether there was contact. That way the Brighton guy would have got a card for Pog's first effort because he could have stayed on his feet (though he could have booked Pog too for the recklessness of the tackle). Pog would have deserved the card in the second incident. And by hammer them I mean a three match ban for diving based on video evidence. let's stamp it out.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Sep 2013 19:19

If every single arm tug got penalised today the game would have ended up abandoned at 7 against 6.

Pog was correctly penalised for simulating a foul that didn't happen.

It appears the subtleties of what simulation is are stretching a number of people's intellectual boundaries tonight.

My work here is done. Carry on amongst yourselves gentlemen. :D

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 15 Sep 2013 19:23

Royal Rother To suggest that FIFA's LOTG say that's not simulation is laughable.

That's exactly what they say though.

Head, wall, etc.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 15 Sep 2013 19:25

Royal Rother If every single arm tug got penalised today the game would have ended up abandoned at 7 against 6.

It appears the subtleties of what simulation is are stretching a number of people's intellectual boundaries tonight.

If his arm was tugged there is no simulation. The Interpretations of the law state that in order for there to be simulation there can have been NO contact by the player challenging for the ball. If there is contact then there is no possibility of simulation.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Sep 2013 19:27

Royal Rother

My work here is done. :D

:shock:

Marcus Crassus

by Marcus Crassus » 15 Sep 2013 19:32

Nameless
Royal Rother If every single arm tug got penalised today the game would have ended up abandoned at 7 against 6.

If his arm was tugged there is no simulation. The Interpretations of the law state that in order for there to be simulation there can have been NO contact by the player challenging for the ball. If there is contact then there is no possibility of simulation.

So despite being held, and had having his heel clipped, it was simulation. A certain individual on this board needs to return because his work is neither done nor of a sufficient standard.

Fezza

by Fezza » 15 Sep 2013 19:33

yuomi
Badger Finger We could have Messi up front, but if we can't get the ball to him, then he isn't going to do anything.
That's where I think the problem lies

This. Pog is a finisher. He doesn't create chances, he works for space and finished them. If he's got nothing to finish then he can't be effective. As a result of having nothing finish he tried rushing back to try and challenge in the midfield, a job vastly outside his skillset as evidenced by his unwieldy, lunging tackle which earned him his first yellow. His second was idiotic but strictly to the letter of theh law. It's very easy to single out Pog as contributing nothing to the cause, but that's because we aren't giving him the chance to do what he does.

Sorry chap - look at the stats, Pog has very rarely (if ever) hit 20 in a season!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 15 Sep 2013 19:34

I was fairly close to the incident-he dived, as he often does.
I have sometimes felt sorry for the player since he has been with us because of the dreadful lack of service but that is the second time he has been sent off and we are not that good that we can play with 10 men.
Adkins was miles away from the incident so couldn't have an opinion.
Adie thought he had dived.
I said that the ref would even things up and he did-the Brighton offence looked unintentional and warranted no more than a yellow.

Will Pog ever deliver for us?
Who knows but I have never seen a professional striker before who can't jump to head a ball.
Jimmy Quinn and Trevor Senior must be scratching their heads in disbelief that this player earns (at the lowest estimate) £1.5 million per year over 3 (or was it 4?) years of his contract.

Fezza

by Fezza » 15 Sep 2013 19:35

Marcus Crassus
Nameless

So despite being held, and had having his heel clipped, it was simulation. A certain individual on this board needs to return because his work is neither done nor of a sufficient standard.

Yes he got a slight clip to the heel, there was no need to go down like he'd had both legs removed and then gesture to the Ref, he got exactly what he deserved for is stupidity!

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 15 Sep 2013 19:36

If the dive wasn't a yellow then the card waving was. I absolutely hate that. I hope its the last time we see him personally. He's really let us down. AGAIN.

964 posts