Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Dim Tellor Twitter Rant

by melonhead » 15 Sep 2013 22:26

:|

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 15 Sep 2013 22:26

Tim Dellor has such poor knowledge of the game. Embarrassing to listen to at times. Just wants his flat 442 that he can understand, hated Rodgers and now Adkins.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Sep 2013 22:37

:roll:

AkpansBFF

by AkpansBFF » 15 Sep 2013 22:41

peterroyal76 I am the person in question! I hadn't tweeted him for a couple of weeks either!

Arrange a meet up, then just punch him, he will fall like a sack of shit, then walk off looking good.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Sep 2013 22:44

Wouldn't mess with Timbo! He's probably already got one of his cricket bats ready so he can beat peteyroyal69 to a bloody pulp.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Sep 2013 00:03

fruits Tim is in a very difficult position.IF he asks really tough questions, RFC report him to the BBC he joins the ranks of the unemployed. RFC I suppose could cancel the deal to relay matches,or not allow post match interviews. We have to remember RFC are very much on the backfoot at the moment , we have a crap team,millions of GBP´S have come into the club, but not a penny has been spent on new players. Whatever anyone says the fans were lied to about new players on several occasions in order to boost season ticket sales. The wording may have been very clever using modal verbs, conditional tenses ; but at the end of the day FANS WERE LIED TO. It pains me to say this but it is true.

I think Tim is great, he loves his sport in general and RFC in particular. He probably received a warning about the Rodgers interview and was told any repeat and he could ask for his P45. With a young family he now feels he has to toe the party line.The same would apply to Ade Williams or Uncle Tom Cobbly. The club as I said is on the backfoot ,the last 17 months or so has been a disaster in playing terms,PR terms and just about any other terms.

If we don´t sign anyone in the loan market ,I can see NA going . He inherited a poor team the majority of the players are not capable of playing football his way, why should he change his style which has brought him so much success? Give him money to bring in players he knows and that he thinks can play his way, get rid of players who cannot play a passing system. I was very underwhelmed by the summer signings, I do not like players like Drenthe they cause problems wherever they play. Williams the jury is still out and Bridge should be ok. I am sure Drenthe was hoisted on NA by the Russian , who probably enjoys mixing with Drenthe type characters.

The Pog situation is a disgrace pay the bastard off even if it costs millions the guy is either a clown, mad or just staying for the money.He makes Bikey appear normal. Getting rid of "Sicknote" Kebe and his brother "Sicknote" Carrico were steps in the right direction. The Jason Roberts situation is another running sore, he says he is weeks away from playing the club says months. Even if he is ready by Christmas, it will be Easter before he will be ready to contribute anything. Get him off the payroll and get someone who can play NOW not in nine months.

At this rate RFC will be playing in an empty stadium in Division 1.

You mentalist.

fruits

by fruits » 16 Sep 2013 08:03

Leon you called me mentalist ,that word has two definitions I would like to know which definition I come under.

1)A magician who performs feats that apparently demonstrate extraordinary mental powers
such as mind reading.

2)An eccentric or mad person.

Await your reply with interest,if your definition is the second, please explain in 250 words
why I belong to that category.

11.30 from paddington

by 11.30 from paddington » 16 Sep 2013 09:41

fruits Leon you called me mentalist ,that word has two definitions I would like to know which definition I come under.

1)A magician who performs feats that apparently demonstrate extraordinary mental powers
such as mind reading.

Await your reply with interest,if your definition is the second, please explain in 250 words

I can explain why you're a mentalist (2nd definition) and it won't take 250 words.

You're a mentalist because your previous post was the work of a mentalist.

HTH.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 16 Sep 2013 09:51

Earlier on when we were all confused as to why Maps didn't make the squad he insisted he would put it to NA, then when the interview came he didn't come close to mentioning it.

No point talking the talk if you can't walk the walk, tends to be a familiar thing with TD

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Sep 2013 10:08

11.30 from paddington
fruits Leon you called me mentalist ,that word has two definitions I would like to know which definition I come under.

such as mind reading.

I can explain why you're a mentalist (2nd definition) and it won't take 250 words.

You're a mentalist because your previous post was the work of a mentalist.

HTH.

this

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 16 Sep 2013 11:01

I think Tim Dellor does a good job overall. I listened to him on BBCRB this morning and he did not pull any punches. I don't think he is against Adkins. He again said this morning that sacking him would be ridiculous but I think he is just as flummoxed as the rest of us by what is going on at the club.

He also made comment about speaking to Adkins "off air" and might well, therefore, know a lot more than he can say. If the manager has told him stuff in confidence and he breaches that confidence then he will never be trusted again, but the clear implication from what he has been saying on air in past days is that something is amiss at the club and it is nothing to do with the manager.

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 16 Sep 2013 11:05

Dellor >>> desk banging intermong flids.

DaveBanana

by DaveBanana » 16 Sep 2013 11:16

He's covering a local sports team, and has to be respectful of what they may or may not want to be kept off air.. It's not like he's all chummy with the Assad regime and avoiding mentioning frying their own people, that would be in the public interest, the conspiracy madness is so trivial at the moment. He might not be to everyone's taste but he clearly cares about this club a lot more than many reporters for local sides do.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 16 Sep 2013 11:21

peterroyal76 I am the person in question! I hadn't tweeted him for a couple of weeks either!

Have you phoned him yet?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Sep 2013 11:42

fruits Await your reply with interest,if your definition is the second, please explain in 250 words

Surely it would be more interesting to find out why Leon thinks you possibly belong in the first category?

Anyway, I wouldn't get so upset about it. Basic insults are what Leon tends to revert to when anyone dares post a contrary view to his. He has all the debating skills of a 5 year old who has been denied a Kinder Egg by a weary parent.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Sep 2013 11:45

floyd__streete
fruits Await your reply with interest,if your definition is the second, please explain in 250 words

Surely it would be more interesting to find out why Leon thinks you possibly belong in the first category?

Anyway, I wouldn't get so upset about it. Basic insults are what Leon tends to revert to when anyone dares post a contrary view to his. He has all the debating skills of a 5 year old who has been denied a Kinder Egg by a weary parent.

That's partially true. I prefer brevity.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 16 Sep 2013 11:56

I don't see why some of you fans are moaning about Dellor. It's nothing new. Local journalists have to keep the club 'on side', otherwise they don't get access to the club. This happened with EP reporters a few years back now. I think it could have been Nick Ive - Reading FC got upset with how low he marked the players out of 10, so they didn't 'play ball' with him.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Sep 2013 12:05

You all leave Timbo alone - he's a passionate RFC fan and he does a great job. :x

What I DIDN'T like, was Adkins sarcastic little comments when TD enquired about us being light in some areas and having a lot of cover in others - he asked him "which positions would that be?" like he AND WE don't bloody know. And he chanted the old mantra about working with what we've got and more or less gave the impression we'd be lucky if we signed anyone on loan.......

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 16 Sep 2013 12:12

Royal Lady You all leave Timbo alone - he's a passionate RFC fan and he does a great job. :x ...

+1

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 16 Sep 2013 12:21

fruits I was very underwhelmed by the summer signings, I do not like players like Drenthe they cause problems wherever they play. Williams the jury is still out and Bridge should be ok. I am sure Drenthe was hoisted on NA by the Russian , who probably enjoys mixing with Drenthe type characters.

Racist

143 posts