BFTG - Burnley

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Burnley

by Wycombe Royal » 05 Oct 2013 22:25

MR. CYNICAL Injuries are no excuse,all teams get them.
The fact is, we don't have good enough players to fit in to the Adkins style of play, i.e passing football.

Show me another team doing as well as us with as many injuries? The fact is we can't get the style of play working as we can't get a settled line up.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 05 Oct 2013 22:28

Barry the bird boggler We're obviously not helped by the total lack of depth to the squad which is needed at the moment given the unbelievable amount of injuries we're carrying.

Bit of a contradiction. I would say we have excellent depth, certainly in midfield where the bulk of our injuries are, hence why we can still put out a decent team. But we can't get any momentum as we constantly have to change the lineup.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 05 Oct 2013 23:26

Just got in. Despite the loss I don't feel particularly worried. We are the walking wounded at the moment and this was a tough week with lots if travelling.

McAnuff was a definite positive for me today. He made a couple of decent runs 1st half when otherwise we looked 2nd best. I have no doubt he'll be starting the games soon. Guthrie was yet again good today but a shame he has to sit so deep.

One thing that did worry was us passing out from the back all the time. We nearly got caught out a few times pissing around outside our box. In the main I like the idea but sometimes you need to boot it upfield! Once Burnley got wind of that Pearce and Morrison were under constant pressure.

The fans were great today though. Blue army sang continually for a good 30 mins 2nd half and they never stopped singing throughout.

Also don't forget we've done a fair chunk of our lengthy travelling already which has to be a good thing. Blackpool, Bolton, Barnsley and Burnley away all done now.

I think we'll be ok once some players return from injury and the break comes at a good time.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 06 Oct 2013 09:48

MeMeMe ..... I watched Liverpool v Palace.... Mariappa was skinned by Suarez many times, Kebe was anonymous and did next to nothing, both, I think, were subbed at half time. We did well to sell.

...hmmm slightly iffy observational skillz there MMM :?

- FTR Mapps played the whole 90+' (Jimmy and Jerome came off at HT, as Holloway abandoned his over adventurous 4-3-3) - and the on-line Beeb report and their 'as it happened' text commentary gives Jimmy several mentions - including providing 2 of Palaces 'chances' in the first half as well as an assist for another near miss - hardly anon?

... scuttles back to GF - probably where this post shd have been...... :)

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 06 Oct 2013 11:06

Wycombe Royal
The fact is, we don't have good enough players to fit in to the Adkins style of play, i.e passing football.

Show me another team doing as well as us with as many injuries? The fact is we can't get the style of play working as we can't get a settled line up.

Bournemouth are one place below us with currently 7 potential first-teamers out injured.
They also had to draft in a loan player on Tuesday who went straight into the side and a loan keeper did the same yesterday.
All clubs have injuries and as far as RFC is concerned IMHO there is not much difference between 22 or so of the players in terms of ability.
Yesterday we had our first choice back 5 plus Guthrie,Pog and the club captain-it's not as if we are starting with a couple of youth team players.
Where we are in 7th isn't too shabby-if the club had invested in a Charlie Austin or similar we might be higher but we didn't.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 06 Oct 2013 11:10

Interesting-NA has now had a considerable number of games in charge & we should now be seeing evidence of the Adkins influence-but we are not(Guthrie excepted)-neither are we still playing the Coppell/McDermot way based almost entirely on overlapping wingers/full backs. All in all it looks a bit of a mess and we do not seem to be going anywhere-that said our league position is "acceptable" and if we can stay round about where we are now until Xmas we are in with a good chance as the teams in this Div are almost entirely playing crap football.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 06 Oct 2013 11:34

Westwood52 Interesting-NA has now had a considerable number of games in charge & we should now be seeing evidence of the Adkins influence-but we are not(Guthrie excepted)-neither are we still playing the Coppell/McDermot way based almost entirely on overlapping wingers/full backs. All in all it looks a bit of a mess and we do not seem to be going anywhere-that said our league position is "acceptable" and if we can stay round about where we are now until Xmas we are in with a good chance as the teams in this Div are almost entirely playing crap football.

We are absolutely seeing evidence of a change in playing style.

How exactly does it look a mess? It's our best start in years & we're 7th....

Not sure if you were aware but Burnley are top right now & right in the middle of what is more than likely their best run of the season.

People need to stop whingeing & over analysing every single bloody game & just get behind Adkins and the players. He ain't going anywhere, nor does he deserve to. We WILL be there or thereabouts come May & if we're not, then we'll push on next season.

Having two tough away games in a week with all of our injuries didn't help. Like I said before, a lot of the gruelling travelling has been done already. The only long away trips we have left all season are Boro, Wigan & Blackburn.

bloody Volvo driver

by bloody Volvo driver » 06 Oct 2013 12:43

MmmMonsterMunch
Westwood52 Interesting-NA has now had a considerable number of games in charge & we should now be seeing evidence of the Adkins influence-but we are not(Guthrie excepted)-neither are we still playing the Coppell/McDermot way based almost entirely on overlapping wingers/full backs. All in all it looks a bit of a mess and we do not seem to be going anywhere-that said our league position is "acceptable" and if we can stay round about where we are now until Xmas we are in with a good chance as the teams in this Div are almost entirely playing crap football.

Not sure if you were aware but Burnley are top right now & right in the middle of what is more than likely their best run of the season.

People need to stop whingeing & over analysing every single bloody game & just get behind Adkins and the players. He ain't going anywhere, nor does he deserve to. We WILL be there or thereabouts come May & if we're not, then we'll push on next season.

Having two tough away games in a week with all of our injuries didn't help. Like I said before, a lot of the gruelling travelling has been done already. The only long away trips we have left all season are Boro, Wigan & Blackburn.

Geography not your strong suit, trips to Sheffield, Huddersfield, Leeds and Donny are hardly a couple of junctions down the M4.

Our away trips are odd this season, October to December (8 games), none can be classed as vaguely local, nearest being Leicester. January to March (9 games), with the exception of Leeds, none are too far.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 06 Oct 2013 12:53

MmmMonsterMunch

Anyone would think we were still travelling up and back on the same day.
The fans do but the players don't-they travel up the night before and stay in a nice hotel and spend leisurely time before their next match.
Travelling oop north is not a problem.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 06 Oct 2013 13:04

My geography is fine thanks.

The point I am making is that we've done quite a lot of the big journeys already considering we're 2 months into the season. This week was a killer with all the injuries we had.

Jedi Master Yoda

by Jedi Master Yoda » 06 Oct 2013 13:12

Big problem right now, injuries are. Like Drenthe I feel that if we had players, Sharp, won the last two games, McCleary fit then we would have. Injured I hope Drenthe comes back the quickest, out of all the players who are.

I could access any streams from where I am right now not. I have seen much games this season not. Playing better so I trust him, Adkins has told me that we are.

Travel now for inter nationals games, the players are. Fingers crossed you Royals pick not up any more injuries. You are's. Yes, hmmm.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 06 Oct 2013 13:17

Jedi Master Yoda Big problem right now, injuries are. Like Drenthe I feel that if we had players, Sharp, won the last two games, McCleary fit then we would have. Injured I hope Drenthe comes back the quickest, out of all the players who are.

I could access any streams from where I am right now not. I have seen much games this season not. Playing better so I trust him, Adkins has told me that we are.

Travel now for inter nationals games, the players are. Fingers crossed you Royals pick not up any more injuries. You are's. Yes, hmmm.

You can't keep this up for much longer :lol:

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 06 Oct 2013 15:26

Not the greatest performance yesterday, for the first time though it was defensively, McCarthy aside, who had a great game, our defending was horrific, their first goal should never have happened. Gunter was the pick of the back four with some good runs forwards. MacAnuff was very poor, and Baird wasn't great today either, but Guthrie was decent throughout, and Obita showed flashes of what he can produce, but was also very poor at times. Pog again showed how good he can be and was by far the best outfield player on the pitch, let's hope he can keep that up, The three subs didn't really make a difference, positively or negatively.

Burnley looked great, for a side who I thought would really struggle this year they were fantastic, some great pace to them and must surely do very, very well this year.

The atmosphere from the Burnley fans was virtually non existent, but our fans were superb the second half, the noise was non stop and the 20-odd minute blue army was excellent, very happy that we finally got a chant going for a long time!

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 06 Oct 2013 16:10

Will95 Not the greatest performance yesterday, for the first time though it was defensively, McCarthy aside, who had a great game, our defending was horrific, their first goal should never have happened. Gunter was the pick of the back four with some good runs forwards. MacAnuff was very poor, and Baird wasn't great today either, but Guthrie was decent throughout, and Obita showed flashes of what he can produce, but was also very poor at times. Pog again showed how good he can be and was by far the best outfield player on the pitch, let's hope he can keep that up, The three subs didn't really make a difference, positively or negatively.

Burnley looked great, for a side who I thought would really struggle this year they were fantastic, some great pace to them and must surely do very, very well this year.

The atmosphere from the Burnley fans was virtually non existent, but our fans were superb the second half, the noise was non stop and the 20-odd minute blue army was excellent, very happy that we finally got a chant going for a long time!

A bit odd as McInally on Sky said what a great atmosphere the Burnley fans created.
Also interesting that you say the subs didn't make much difference whereas elsewhere posters said they did.
Were you there or were those comments, do you think, from the keyboard warriors who don't go to games?

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 06 Oct 2013 16:18

Victor Meldrew
Will95 Not the greatest performance yesterday, for the first time though it was defensively, McCarthy aside, who had a great game, our defending was horrific, their first goal should never have happened. Gunter was the pick of the back four with some good runs forwards. MacAnuff was very poor, and Baird wasn't great today either, but Guthrie was decent throughout, and Obita showed flashes of what he can produce, but was also very poor at times. Pog again showed how good he can be and was by far the best outfield player on the pitch, let's hope he can keep that up, The three subs didn't really make a difference, positively or negatively.

A bit odd as McInally on Sky said what a great atmosphere the Burnley fans created.
Also interesting that you say the subs didn't make much difference whereas elsewhere posters said they did.
Were you there or were those comments, do you think, from the keyboard warriors who don't go to games?

I was there. The Burnley atmosphere, apart from three or four short moments was very, very poor, one of the worst I've heard from home fans to be honest. I don't think the subs made a difference, but Taylor and Alf looked alright, they just weren't game changing. It's all opinions though.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 06 Oct 2013 16:23

Victor why are your posts so unnecessarily patronising and rude? McAnally is clearly a retard and must have assumed it was the Burnley fans singing as the Reading fans did not stop all game. And yes we were both actually there so are well placed to comment.

The Burnley fans were pretty much silent throughout.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 06 Oct 2013 17:03

MmmMonsterMunch Victor why are your posts so unnecessarily patronising and rude? McAnally is clearly a retard and must have assumed it was the Burnley fans singing as the Reading fans did not stop all game. And yes we were both actually there so are well placed to comment.

My posts are generally questioning and seldom rude.
I question because I wasn't there and McInally is far from being a retard and as an ex-Bayern Munich player I feel that he is often worth listening to.
If you want rude try reading Ian royal's posts now they are something else especially from somebody who NEVER goes to games.

Incidentally as far as crowd noise is concerned fans often get a false impression- I remember at a West Ham game a few years ago (the day when Seoul scored a blinder)and it sounded great at our end but my mate's son who was at the opposite home section said how quiet we were.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 06 Oct 2013 17:26

Jedi Master Yoda You are's.

Yourself talking about are you?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 06 Oct 2013 17:38

Victor Meldrew
Wycombe Royal

Bournemouth are one place below us with currently 7 potential first-teamers out injured.
They also had to draft in a loan player on Tuesday who went straight into the side and a loan keeper did the same yesterday.
All clubs have injuries and as far as RFC is concerned IMHO there is not much difference between 22 or so of the players in terms of ability.
Yesterday we had our first choice back 5 plus Guthrie,Pog and the club captain-it's not as if we are starting with a couple of youth team players.
Where we are in 7th isn't too shabby-if the club had invested in a Charlie Austin or similar we might be higher but we didn't.

The injuries themselves are only part of it. We are still trying to adapt a new style of play and most crucial to that is the midfield. Every game we'd are having to change the midfield which is disrupting us developing this new style. So it isn't so much about the volume of injuries but the fact that we seem to be getting new ones every match whilst others return. It is very disruptive.

creative_username_1
Hob Nob Regular

by creative_username_1 » 06 Oct 2013 18:53

Victor Meldrew
MmmMonsterMunch Victor why are your posts so unnecessarily patronising and rude? McAnally is clearly a retard and must have assumed it was the Burnley fans singing as the Reading fans did not stop all game. And yes we were both actually there so are well placed to comment.

My posts are generally questioning and seldom rude.
I question because I wasn't there and McInally is far from being a retard and as an ex-Bayern Munich player I feel that he is often worth listening to.
If you want rude try reading Ian royal's posts now they are something else especially from somebody who NEVER goes to games.

Incidentally as far as crowd noise is concerned fans often get a false impression- I remember at a West Ham game a few years ago (the day when Seoul scored a blinder)and it sounded great at our end but my mate's son who was at the opposite home section said how quiet we were.

Seen Reading a few times in the away end...Highbury, Old Trafford etc. At OT you can barely see the away fans let alone hear them.