Jason Roberts nearly back

732 posts
soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Jason Roberts nearly back

by soggy biscuit » 18 Oct 2013 14:18

Matthew ‏@maffff 16h Shame, with how 'pro-equality' @jasonroberts30 is, I'd say he's the biggest racist I know of. And what about the other "-isms" #hedoesntcare

jisms?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Oct 2013 15:04

maffff A small selection of quotes from my timeline re our Jase the last 24 hours….

Carl Neville ‏@RFCNeville 22h @JasonRoberts30 you do realise the more you talk, the less we listen #readingfc Retweeted by Matthew

Anthony Kendrick ‏@AJKendrick 22h No press, is good press and that suits #ReadingFC fans perfectly. Jason Roberts just can't help himself. Retweeted by Matthew

Brian Davis ‏@BrianDavisSFG 21h As sure as eggs is eggs, there's Jason Roberts getting involved again. #readingfc Retweeted by Matthew

JOSH.YOU.ARE. ‏@jgibbison 20h 3/3 @JasonRoberts30 thinking WHAT A BELLEND #readingfc Retweeted by Matthew

Greg Double ‏@Dubstep1988 19h It does annoy me that #readingfc are essentially paying for @JasonRoberts30 to be a painfully predictable quote merchant. #alwaysoffended Retweeted by Matthew

Martyn Coffey ‏@Elnino2201 18h Oh I can't wait until the day @JasonRoberts30 is off of our payroll. Your not on any board or commission because your a TIT!! #readingfc Retweeted by Matthew

ajb1871 ‏@RDG1871 18h #readingfc or not, @JasonRoberts30 has surpassed himself in being a cock. Does that make me a racist? Retweeted by Matthew

Max ‏@maxrfcbrown 18h @JasonRoberts30 never have i known a #readingfc hated so much for his off field antics.....to moan and be a pundit is not what we paying u 4 Retweeted by Matthew

Tom White ‏@TinieTompah_89 18h I admit it, being a #readingfc fan or not, @JasonRoberts30 is one of the biggest cocks in football. Retweeted by Matthew

Brian Davis ‏@BrianDavisSFG 18h @MrCompo So tiring. Never known a #readingfc player who has been so universally disliked for his off-field actions & opinions. Retweeted by Matthew

Ben Nicholson ‏@benrfc19 18h If Jason Roberts spent more time trying to get fit than he did spouting nonsense about racial equality hed be back playing #readingfc Retweeted by Matthew

CalvRFC1871 ‏@CalvinRFC1871 17h @JasonRoberts30 Nobody cares what you spout on about Roberts, just leave my football club & close the door on your way out #readingfc Retweeted by Matthew

Carl Neville ‏@RFCNeville 17h @JasonRoberts30 ok,doing my best here,you're a drain on the #readingfc wage bill,u've had a GREAT career but have damaged people's view of u Retweeted by Matthew

Chris Scott ‏@LordChrisScott 16h Any #ReadingFC ex player or current ever been hated as much as that twat Jason "I want everyone to be racist so I can moan" Roberts? Retweeted by Matthew

Matthew ‏@maffff 16h @LordChrisScott a-fucking-men

Jason Roberts ‏@JasonRoberts30 18h The levels of abuse on my timeline are tame compared to the abuse endured by my loved ones in this Country.. C'mon.. #dobetter Retweeted by Matthew

Matthew ‏@maffff 16h Yeah but the abuse you get is from those any other #readingfc player could call their fans... RT ... http://tmi.me/1aNH3X

Luke Royle ‏@1Royle 16h @LordChrisScott @maffff Im a Wigan fan. Loved him as a player but he pisses me off no end these days. Hes a dick. Retweeted by Matthew

Andy wilson ‏@Andyjpwilson 16h @JasonRoberts30 @maffff I really thought Britain had moved forward but it seems we're all racists what ever our colour or creed Retweeted by Matthew

Matthew ‏@maffff 16h How long until @jasonroberts30 starts a stonewall type campaign "SOME PEOPLE ARE BLACK, GET OVER IT" #overit #judgethepersonnotthecolour

Andy wilson ‏@Andyjpwilson 16h @JasonRoberts30 @maffff so Jason how do you propose to stop racism and control your racist views id be untreated to have your views Retweeted by Matthew

Matthew ‏@maffff 16h Shame, with how 'pro-equality' @jasonroberts30 is, I'd say he's the biggest racist I know of. And what about the other "-isms" #hedoesntcare

Michael Barwise ‏@MichaelWBarwise 16h @maffff @JasonRoberts30 "66 year old man" - he is ageist too Retweeted by Matthew

Harry Dukes Jnr ‏@HarryDukesJnr 17h @maffff can't actually work out if you are pro or con Jason Roberts?

Matthew ‏@maffff 16h @HarryDukesJnr he's an absolute tool. I see what he is trying to do but he goes about it like a oxf*rd.

Chris Ramsell ‏@chris_ramsell 16h @maffff @JasonRoberts30 exactly how many Asian managers are there in the FL? Why is he not campaigning this to! Nout to do with equal rights Retweeted by Matthew

Matthew ‏@maffff 4h Still irked by @JasonRoberts30. Does he realise there's a difference between equality and pushing an agenda at the detriment of all others?

Matthew ‏@maffff 4h Just another one of those that wants to be equal where it suits and not where it doesn't favour him #themostequal @JasonRoberts30

Matthew ‏@maffff 4h Selective equality is bullshit, hence why the far right has such a strong voice at times. Not that I agree with the bulk of those views.

My Left Paw ‏@CheChe_Guevara 4h @maffff @JasonRoberts30 When a third party cries foul rather implies party involved allowed it to happen.

Matthew ‏@maffff 4h @CheChe_Guevara @JasonRoberts30 people getting offended on behalf of those that may get offended are the worst...

My Left Paw ‏@CheChe_Guevara 4h @maffff Did just occur to me though he referred to '66 yo' Hodgson. So perceived racism isn't ok but actual ageism is????? Retweeted by Matthew

Matthew ‏@maffff 3h @CheChe_Guevara yep, that was pointed out yesterday...

My Left Paw ‏@CheChe_Guevara 3h @maffff As far as I am aware he is the only player that has spoken out (let's ignore the gutless snitch), maybe that says something. Retweeted by Matthew

Shortcut ‏@DarrenDazza72 4h @maffff @JasonRoberts30 With a bit of luck he would of terminated his contract and pissed off down the m4.

Matthew ‏@maffff 4h @DarrenDazza72 @JasonRoberts30 he's only good for glue now anyway.

Shortcut ‏@DarrenDazza72 4h @maffff @JasonRoberts30 Is that racist? If its nit he will turn it to be!

Matthew ‏@maffff 4h @DarrenDazza72 @JasonRoberts30 no sir, it is not. I do not condone racism in any form.

Shortcut ‏@DarrenDazza72 4h @maffff @JasonRoberts30 lol

Matthew ‏@maffff 3h @DarrenDazza72 @JasonRoberts30 or ageism (both ways), sexism, homophobia, classism, ableism, anti-semitism, etc etc. Everything Jase forgets

Matthew ‏@maffff 3h @DarrenDazza72 @JasonRoberts30 if he realises that some people are women/young&old/LGBT regardless of race will he promote those causes?

Southbanker ‏@SirRobinFriday 3h @maffff ..always referring to his people, their woes.. Very quick to attack non blacks. Maybe Jason has the problem..? #CryForHelp Retweeted by Matthew

Shortcut ‏@DarrenDazza72 3h @maffff @JasonRoberts30 What about baldism? I'm going start a campaign that 50% of stadium attendance must be bald on sat. Retweeted by Matthew

Carl Neville ‏@RFCNeville 3h @SirRobinFriday @maffff with all this offence he takes, maybe he's trying to prove he would fit in well at Liverpool?? #readingfc Retweeted by Matthew

Matthew ‏@maffff 3h @RFCNeville @SirRobinFriday haha ooft #alwaysthevictim

Matthew ‏@maffff 3h @jasonroberts30 Jase mate, I'd be very interested in hearing your views on my comments to you in the last 24 hours

Matthew ‏@maffff 3h @jasonroberts30 or are you going to ignore my messages because I'm not 'one of your people' as you so often put it?

Chris Ashley ‏@Christof1871 2h @maffff busy types crying wolf demean real issues when they happen. This is not an issue for main protagonists. Own goal, Jason. Retweeted by Matthew

Carl Neville ‏@RFCNeville 21m Is Jason Roberts turning into one of the most hated #readingfc players in recent memory?? Retweeted by Matthew

Carl Neville ‏@RFCNeville 17m @AJKendrick Agree,he has tarnished his own personal legacy IMO-struggle to think of another #readingfc player so loathed...EVER!!! Retweeted by Matthew

Doesn’t he realise that the bulk of it isn’t abuse, it’s tame as it’s actually people disagreeing with his views and challenging what he has to say? Not a single racist response between them either.

Funnily enough he hasn’t responded to my offer for him to respond. Presumably because I’m not one of ‘his people’. Bloody racist.

Any actual people from ethnic minorities in there? You know those who might actually taken offence. Or is it just a bunch of white blokes telling the black fella how to feel about racism?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 18 Oct 2013 15:10

kola ‏@kaykay1421 7h
Getting sick and tired of people who are supposed to be 'representatives' constantly delivery untimely and ill-advised comments like Roberts
e
Expand
kola ‏@kaykay1421 7h
the word 'black', monkey in it.
Context is everything! Trust me when you are being insulted or abused you know straight away

Expand
kola ‏@kaykay1421 7h
are constantly using the 'race card' to mask some short-comings. We can't forever feign hurt or anguish @ every single statement that has

Expand
kola ‏@kaykay1421 7h
Jason Roberts might mean well just as am sure the society of black lawyers do as well but their actions are the exact reasons blacks (1/2)

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 18 Oct 2013 15:14

Start reading at the bottom i can't be arsed to format it in the right order

Osborns scoop

by Osborns scoop » 18 Oct 2013 15:30

The only message he will get is if half his followers stop listening. Time to start unfollowing.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 18 Oct 2013 15:37

sandman Or is it just a bunch of white blokes telling the black fella how to feel about racism?

:shock:

Ermm, agreed.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Oct 2013 15:39

I'm beginning to think the reason Roberts doesn't respond and engage in the debate is because he is not that bright and/or articulate. One thing I'm certain of, Clarke Carlisle would absolutely wipe the floor with Roberts in any debate.

Maybe the reason Roberts isn't invited to participate in various initiatives is his perceived inability to make a positive contribution, rather than his colour.

MouldyRoyal
sandman Or is it just a bunch of white blokes telling the black fella how to feel about racism?

:shock:

Ermm, agreed.

And is that any worse than a black fella trying to tell other black fellas how they should feel about racism?

It's time Mortimer-Zhika told Roberts to keep his mouth shut whilst he is an employee of Reading Football Club*. Alternatively, Hammond should pay off his contract so that he can go and spout his vitriole as a free agent, rather than contaminating Reading Football Club with his stupid remarks.

*It's not uncommon nowadays for employers to tell employees that any views they publish through social media must not be capable of being linked in any way to their employment. So I am totally free to express my views on personal views on Roberts but would be in significant trouble if the name of my employer was, in any way linked to those remarks e.g. through my profile stating 'Work for XXXXXX'
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 18 Oct 2013 15:49, edited 1 time in total.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 18 Oct 2013 15:41

soggy biscuit

jisms?

Appropriate username buddy.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 18 Oct 2013 15:42

RoyalBlue I'm beginning to think the reason Roberts doesn't respond and engage in the debate is because he is not that bright and/or articulate. One thing I'm certain of, Clarke Carlisle would absolutely wipe the floor with Roberts in any debate.

Maybe the reason Roberts isn't invited to participate in various initiatives is his perceived inability to make a positive contribution, rather than his colour.

Agreed.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 18 Oct 2013 15:56

As fair as I'm aware the person who the comment was aimed at said 'No offence was meant, and none was given.' before adding he thought this was a non-story. If the person who the comment was directed at understood what was meant (and has now gone so far to say it was a compliment that Hodgson wanted him to get the ball) what business is it of anybody of any race to comment on what was said? I saw two ex footballers tweeting about this today, one white and one black (one of whom graced this club), and the only comment that was passed was the snitch should have the balls to own up, rather than telling the papers they have issues while saying nothing to the FA.

Maybe Mr Roberts should keep his mind on getting fit (if ever) rather than delivering soundbites on what is in effect a non-story (Thank you Mr Townsend).

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 18 Oct 2013 16:00

I personally disagree with him on this one and think that it's a clumsy comment by a man using more words than he needed to and who has always struck me as a bit of a bumbling oddball. Then again I've never been racially abused or seen members of my family pelted with fruit whilst simply doing their job which I would imagine would make anyone sensitive towards racist abuse.
Last edited by sandman on 18 Oct 2013 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 18 Oct 2013 16:06

RoyalBlue It's time Mortimer-Zhika told Roberts to keep his mouth shut whilst he is an employee of Reading Football Club*.

*It's not uncommon nowadays for employers to tell employees that any views they publish through social media must not be capable of being linked in any way to their employment.

There's no way the club would try to silence Roberts as he'd immediately play the race card and claim the club were trying to sweep racism under the carpet.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 18 Oct 2013 16:07

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 18 Oct 2013 16:16

sandman I personally disagree with him on this one and think that it's a clumsy comment by a man using more words than he needed to and who has always struck me as a bit of a bumbling oddball. Then again I've never been racially abused or seen members of my family pelted with fruit whilst simply doing their job which I would imagine would make someone sensitive towards racist abuse.

I have never been racially abused either, and wouldn't wish it on anybody. On this occasion I think JR went too far about what was a stupid situation. He then seemed to try and link it the ongoing situation with FA committee, trying to imply that their failure to take action was linked to having no one of ethnic origin on the committee. That was frankly laughable, and seemed the action of someone who knew they had dug a hole, and was intent on keep digging. We all know the FA committee's make up is not representative of much at all really, and the fact that no ethnic minorities are on there is a disgrace given the number of non-white players in the game. A lot of us also acknowledge that there are issues in the retention of ethnic minorities in the game after playing careers have ended, but this was really not the issue to take the stand over Jase it's just made you look silly, and generated that added :roll: factor for whatever you may say in the future.

The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

by The Rouge » 18 Oct 2013 16:36

Elm Park Pasty
sandman I personally disagree with him on this one and think that it's a clumsy comment by a man using more words than he needed to and who has always struck me as a bit of a bumbling oddball. Then again I've never been racially abused or seen members of my family pelted with fruit whilst simply doing their job which I would imagine would make someone sensitive towards racist abuse.

I have never been racially abused either

what about just plain old abused?

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 18 Oct 2013 16:47

Wow, I'm usually a big fan of Roberts but the fact that Roys "joke" even made the papers was ridiculous.

The only people who had a negative opinion of it were those who, not only wanted to read between the lines, but add in a few more for their own "Roy's a Racist" agenda. Absolutely pathetic.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 18 Oct 2013 16:48

The Rouge
Elm Park Pasty

I have never been racially abused either

what about just plain old abused?

Strangely enough I do get my quota of verbal in my job but no physical yet.........

ns1981

by ns1981 » 18 Oct 2013 17:02

Elm Park Pasty As fair as I'm aware the person who the comment was aimed at said 'No offence was meant, and none was given.' before adding he thought this was a non-story. If the person who the comment was directed at understood what was meant (and has now gone so far to say it was a compliment that Hodgson wanted him to get the ball) what business is it of anybody of any race to comment on what was said? I saw two ex footballers tweeting about this today, one white and one black (one of whom graced this club), and the only comment that was passed was the snitch should have the balls to own up, rather than telling the papers they have issues while saying nothing to the FA.

Maybe Mr Roberts should keep his mind on getting fit (if ever) rather than delivering soundbites on what is in effect a non-story (Thank you Mr Townsend).

Well said!

Roberts hasn't played for the best part of a year, wont play again at RFC and should do us all a favour and oxf*rd off.

All his focus is on racial issues and TBH it's getting reeeeeeeally oxf*rd' boring.

Piss off Jason, you're shite anyway!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Oct 2013 18:13

Hoop Blah
RoyalBlue It's time Mortimer-Zhika told Roberts to keep his mouth shut whilst he is an employee of Reading Football Club*.

*It's not uncommon nowadays for employers to tell employees that any views they publish through social media must not be capable of being linked in any way to their employment.

There's no way the club would try to silence Roberts as he'd immediately play the race card and claim the club were trying to sweep racism under the carpet.

Sadly true. In which case, tell him we are very kindly paying up the remainder of his contract so that he can concentrate on his media career. Maybe if he had a lot more free time on his hands he might also be asked to participate in some committees, commissions, working parties and/or campaigns. I somehow doubt it though.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Oct 2013 19:28

RoyalBlue I'm beginning to think'

About 50 years too late, but it's a start.

732 posts