on my way BFTG: Millwall H

163 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: on my way BFTG: Millwall H

by Ian Royal » 27 Oct 2013 00:38

ALF's miss not as bad as I thought. Under more pressure than I thought and stumbling as he hit it, still so nearly went in. That's not to say it wasn't a bad miss still. Just not quite the "OMG How did he miss that!" shocker it looked from the other end. Expect better from him.

Defence at fault for their penalty, played him on but in no way tight enough. Morrison was one of the two not quite in close enough attendence. Not conviced Fed needed to come for the ball, narrow the angle sure, but when you're in the last couple of minutes its just not worth risking the penalty.

Couldn't see from the picture, but FLS seemed to confirm Shittu was offside just.

Good freekick from Obita. Good footwork for ALF as well.

Abdou should have got a straight red. That was a terrible challenge.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Oct 2013 01:10

Surprise, Surprise, Adam Federici at fault for yet another goal.

The quicker we get McCarthy back the better.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Oct 2013 01:14

One8Seven1 Millwall fans as always great value and easy to reel in. Had those mongdivs had any balls about them, we'd all be dead by now with our throats cut, but as always they were quiet as mice when they left the ground. A few chants in the safety of their own fans walking to the buses, but that was it.

:lol: at this.

As if any Reading fan would do any different.

Soul Man

by Soul Man » 27 Oct 2013 01:07

they are joke

Za Vas

by Za Vas » 27 Oct 2013 01:19

LoyalRoyalFan
One8Seven1 Millwall fans as always great value and easy to reel in. Had those mongdivs had any balls about them, we'd all be dead by now with our throats cut, but as always they were quiet as mice when they left the ground. A few chants in the safety of their own fans walking to the buses, but that was it.

:lol: at anyone over the age of fifteen giving it the big one because you support a different team to someone else.

Soul Man

by Soul Man » 27 Oct 2013 03:04

Thought we were going to have some fun after the game but we didn't whatever anyone says on heremillwall r full of shite

Delboy

by Delboy » 27 Oct 2013 07:28

Did you notice none of them wear club shirts!

boycey

by boycey » 27 Oct 2013 07:47

Delboy Did you notice none of them wear club shirts!

They can't be real fans then.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 27 Oct 2013 07:51

urz13 The most entertaining thing today was Danny Shittu. Hilarious how fat he is.

Despite playing the full game seemingly in slow motion, he was always in the right place and would have been my man of the match had he not manhandled the ref.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Oct 2013 08:41

Just seen the highlights on FLS. Shocking defending to leave McDonald in so much space and Feds was too slow off his line.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 27 Oct 2013 08:53

RoyalBlue Well that was extremely poor and shows what happens when Guthrie doesn't perform/a team prevents him from performing (although I don't agree with IR view that he was lazy - I thought he worked hard throughout). Too often we reverted to the long ball - it's clearly going to take Adkins a long time to stop the players automatically regressing to that approach when things aren't going well.

And before the Federici lynchmob string him up, it was a mistake by him that cost us today, it was the miss from ALF. 2-0 up and the team would have relaxed a bit more and would probably have reverted to the decent football that has been winning them games. Even had Feds then made a 'mistake' we would have had the cushion of another goal. As it was, he still made a couple of very decent saves (and yes, I know that's his job) to keep us in the game until injury time.

Oh, and whilst IR thinks we should have had a penalty for a hold on Morrison we definitely should have had one for the handball just prior to the shot from Pearce that was really well saved by their keeper.

Agree with you about Guthrie. Seemed our whole problem was that we were outnumbered in midfield which meant Guthrie could not get forward. Should have bought Akpan on and forfeited one of the wingers

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 27 Oct 2013 09:16

royalsteve blimey, talk about over reaction its amazing how people forget that the royals completely outplayed millwall in the first half.

'Completely outplayed'? The possession stats at the end of the first half were 45:55 in their favour!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Oct 2013 09:46

LoyalRoyalFan

Reading fans don't pretend otherwise mostly.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Oct 2013 09:48

M Brook
royalsteve blimey, talk about over reaction its amazing how people forget that the royals completely outplayed millwall in the first half.

'Completely outplayed'? The possession stats at the end of the first half were 45:55 in their favour!

But they looked as likely to score as me. Zero penetration and threat.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Oct 2013 10:03

LoyalRoyalFan Surprise, Surprise, Adam Federici at fault for yet another goal.

Equally he also made a save from a 1 on 1 that won us a point. McCarthy will cost us goals in the future as well, you can't keep throwing the ball to the opposition striker and expect to get away with it every time. Personally I'd rather a keeper made mistakes trying to stop the ball than make a mistake by needlessly throwing or kicking it to the oppo.

In reality, we should have pushed on after scoring the first goal after 8 minutes and we didn't. If we had done that then the penalty would be a small thing. How about you have a go at Le Fondre for missing from two yards out?
Last edited by sandman on 27 Oct 2013 10:24, edited 1 time in total.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 27 Oct 2013 10:06

Ian Royal
M Brook

But they looked as likely to score as me. Zero penetration and threat.

Adkins tucking in the wingers just handed them the second half as our fullbacks got completely exposed, and when we broke/got the ball in midfield there was never anyone available to offload to. His tactical nouse (or lack thereof) really concerns me sometimes

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Oct 2013 10:42

sandman

Equally he also made a save from a 1 on 1 that won us a point. McCarthy will cost us goals in the future as well, you can't keep throwing the ball to the opposition striker and expect to get away with it every time. Personally I'd rather a keeper made mistakes trying to stop the ball than make a mistake by needlessly throwing or kicking it to the oppo.

In reality, we should have pushed on after scoring the first goal after 8 minutes and we didn't. If we had done that then the penalty would be a small thing. How about you have a go at Le Fondre for missing from two yards out?

Agreed - great save at beginning of 2nd half ... maybe some people missed it as they were still returning from the bar. So definitely can't be faulted for defeat. The rest of the team can though.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 27 Oct 2013 10:45

LoyalRoyalFan

For all the criticism of Reading fans, I don't think I've ever yet seen our lot running to the stewards and complaining that the other team's fans are taking the mickey out of them.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 27 Oct 2013 11:17

boycey
Delboy Did you notice none of them wear club shirts!

They can't be real fans then.

There really were absolutely none of them in club shirts. I spent a lot of time looking and there were none at all, not one. (I found this more entertaining than the game!) Must be considered plastic to do so. Can't remember seeing this with any other fans

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Oct 2013 11:18

Took a lot longer than I expected for one of these idiotic comments to come up!

Ignore several other very good saves that he made to keep it 1-0. Of course, it was a mistake by Feds that cost us two points, nothing whatsoever to do with poor defending by 10 other outfield players v their 9, and completely ignore the fact that it was the bad miss by golden boy ALF that really cost us the 2 points. 2-0 up and they wouldn't have come back. What's more, even had Feds then made a mistake (and I'm not sure it was), we would have still won the game.

163 posts