Back from the game as soon as SWFC

177 posts
AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Back from the game as soon as SWFC

by AirRaidSiren » 02 Nov 2013 23:11

LoyalRoyalFan
AirRaidSiren
LoyalRoyalFan Woeful, inept showing from a team who have as much confidence in their manager as I do tbh.

What has actually improved undet Adkins? The answer is nothing. Yes, we keep the ball a bit more, but we have no clinicality and we just keep passing the ball further and further back until we lose possesion cheaply. The defence is a shambles, how McAnuff doesn't play is beyond me, and Hal Robson-Kanu has gotten worse since his impressive campaign last term. He missed a guilt edged opportunity in the second half which he should have put away.

Fair play to the fans that travelled, we certainly made oursrlves audible to the under perfirming players we came to support.

Yadda yadda yadda

Care to suggest otherwise?

So early in the season? No. Come back to me after January.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 02 Nov 2013 23:32

Highlight of the game:

The hotty chant directed at my brothers gf.

Being dicked like that is better than a boring draw.

Noone died.

That is all.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 03 Nov 2013 00:06

Surprise surprise 3 goals (at least) came from the left side according to BBCRB. I wonder why that is when we have no natural LB cover?

What makes it worse is that Kelly>>>>>>>>>>>Gunter at RB and must always start ahead of him.

And surprise surprise Pearce and Morrison are shit. Well they're ok but easily findoutable. And today they were found out. Officially one of the shakiest defence squads in the league.

The desperate need for centre back cover is still as desperate as it was I'm the summer yet FA has been done about it.

We may well go on to win a few games but nothing will hide the fact that a single injury or bad day for any of the back four and we can easily get slaughtered.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 03 Nov 2013 00:25

Dear lord, just watched the goals, fecking schoolboy stuff :shock:

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 03 Nov 2013 00:41

How hilarious was that third goal? Ever seen Reading concede a funnier one?

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 03 Nov 2013 00:45

All horriffic.

Can anyone explain why we fùck around under pressure at the back rather than just clear it?

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 03 Nov 2013 00:48

Cureton's Volley All horriffic.

Can anyone explain why we fùck around under pressure at the back rather than just clear it?

No

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 03 Nov 2013 01:01

Why oh why did Adkins not make any changes until we were fucked anyway. :evil: Twat. Should've made a change when the 4th went in but nooo

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 03 Nov 2013 01:03

2 world wars, 1 world cup Surprise surprise 3 goals (at least) came from the left side according to BBCRB. I wonder why that is when we have no natural LB cover?

What makes it worse is that Kelly>>>>>>>>>>>Gunter at RB and must always start ahead of him.

And surprise surprise Pearce and Morrison are shit. Well they're ok but easily findoutable. And today they were found out. Officially one of the shakiest defence squads in the league.

The desperate need for centre back cover is still as desperate as it was I'm the summer yet FA has been done about it.

We may well go on to win a few games but nothing will hide the fact that a single injury or bad day for any of the back four and we can easily get slaughtered.

Oh Dear get the rope out :D

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 03 Nov 2013 01:05

St Pauli Highlight of the game:

The hotty chant directed at my brothers gf.

Being dicked like that is better than a boring draw.

Noone died.

That is all.

Is she a looker ?

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 03 Nov 2013 01:08

:D :D
2 world wars, 1 world cup Surprise surprise 3 goals (at least) came from the left side according to BBCRB. I wonder why that is when we have no natural LB cover?

I dont fancy being in the front line with Heroes like you :D

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 03 Nov 2013 01:11

St Pauli Being dicked like that is better than a boring draw.

I can't say that I enjoy watching us being the pisstake of the weekend. Wanking all that cash to see our joke defence being raped by a team that couldn't buy a win for toffee. I'll take the 0-0 Ta

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 03 Nov 2013 01:18

BenReadingFC

I can't say that I enjoy watching us being the pisstake of the weekend. Wanking all that cash to see our joke defence being raped by a team that couldn't buy a win for toffee. I'll take the 0-0 Ta

Well ben get in your Den and curl up and die you really are sad if it gets to you like that, there are places you can go to get help :D

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 03 Nov 2013 01:34

joeroyal
BenReadingFC

Well ben get in your Den and curl up and die you really are sad if it gets to you like that, there are places you can go to get help :D

Of course it gets to me. Paid good money, drove nearly 400 miles and saw tripe. Luckily I didn't go to the Peterborough cup match but surely this has to rank up there with that piss poor attempt. Twice in a season we have been tonked by "on paper" inferiority. Had good company so that made the day for me,
"Adkins, Sort it out, Adkins Adkins Sort it out"

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 03 Nov 2013 01:52

Of course it gets to me. Paid good money, drove nearly 400 miles and saw tripe. Luckily I didn't go to the Peterborough cup match but surely this has to rank up there with that piss poor attempt. Twice in a season we have been tonked by "on paper" inferiority. Had good company so that made the day for me,
"Adkins, Sort it out, Adkins Adkins Sort it out"

Good man Lucky you joined the AA ( Adkins Aprecitaion Club ) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 03 Nov 2013 02:00

Barry the bird boggler That was yet another load of clueless crap at the back. Kelly is NOT a left back so how on earth NA thinks it's acceptable to start a season with only one old and knackered left back is quite beyond me

Pearce is an accident waiting to happen and filling quite nicely for Kelly in that respect.

Gunter continually looks nervous and really isn't helping anyone by being on the pitch.

I really do not know what on earth McCarthy thought he was doing for their third, the 4 idiots in front of him were a) not moving very much and b) closely monitored by opponent yet he still went for a short pass rather than the more intelligent welly up the field given the circumstances. I wonder how much of that is down to orders from the management

Still trying to fathom out the point of Robson-Kanu he really doesn't offer anything very much and certainly is not a player for the next level.

Pogrebnyak was man of the match.

Birdy boy still boggling your way around i see :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Based on that shower we need, in addition to the attacking midfielder and 20 goal a season striker we already know about, a central defender and a left back. But don't worry there's a transfer window coming along shortly where we'll be amazed by yet more non activity as we try to persuade Premier League players to make the step down....

Doolittle

by Doolittle » 03 Nov 2013 02:18

Blimey - we looked like we had lead boots on in the TV highlights.

The defending was obviously an issue, but perhaps we didn't have enough worker bees in our midfield today. McCleary, HRK and Obita all have talent, but none of them are really noted for putting a foot in when we don't have the ball. Playing all three leaves too much for Baird and Guthrie to do.

We won the Championship with two hard-working wide players in Kebe and (especially) McAnuff who could defend as well as attack. I think we need a bit more of that balance.

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 03 Nov 2013 02:23

Doolittle Blimey - we looked like we had lead boots on in the TV highlights.

The defending was obviously an issue, but perhaps we didn't have enough worker bees in our midfield today. McCleary, HRK and Obita all have talent, but none of them are really noted for putting a foot in when we don't have the ball. Playing all three leaves too much for Baird and Guthrie to do.

We won the Championship with two hard-working wide players in Kebe and (especially) McAnuff who could defend as well as attack. I think we need a bit more of that balance.

Baird and Guthrie were no where to be seen today and last week against Mil , the truth is they will be found out and it looks like the have been (WEAK)

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 03 Nov 2013 07:57

BenReadingFC

I also spent a lot of money and had a long train journey. At least you see some goals and in the case of yesterday see some comedy defending. Yesterday was so bad it'll also be one of those 'do you remember/were you there' moments which few 0-0 draws are.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 03 Nov 2013 09:24

What worries me is why do we worry when he doesn't seem to worry. I'm worried about that.

177 posts