Back from the game as soon as SWFC

177 posts
Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game as soon as SWFC

by Big Foot » 03 Nov 2013 09:35

Well I'm happy after that result and performance as I want Adkins out, so it was a shame that Wednesday couldn't give us the real thumping we deserved. 5-2 flattered us (from what I saw - left at 4-1 down).

Adkins comment about there not being many away fans baffles me and I have to say, if he thinks there's a link between away attendance and away result, then he'd better expect us to lose every week.

The instructions to play the ball out from the back were tedious at best and hugely self-harming at worst - embarrassing to see McCarthy and Morrison play a 1-2 and end up with Morrison mis controlling it out for a throw in 15 yards from goal. Kelly a big liability all game - those saying Gunter weren't at fault for the goals / played well, that's because he didn't have the ball down his side as Wednesday capitalised on Kelly's dreadful game.

Guthrie and Baird appeared to be the worst central midfield partnership I've ever seen play for Reading, both equal contributors to our downfall.

All in all, the performance looked like we'd grabbed a bunch of strangers who'd met 5 minutes before kick off and told them to go out and play like Spain.

How we are 5th in the table I do not know - what a shambles of a division this is. Adkins OUT.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 03 Nov 2013 09:39

Mccarthy-3
Gunter-5
Pearce-4
Morro-2
Kelly-1
Baird-2
Guthrie-6
Kanu-3
Pog-5
Mccleary-3
Obita-4

Blackman-5
Alf-4

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 03 Nov 2013 10:14

How the oxf*rd can you deluded over reacting twats slate Gunter. Played well yesterday and has been class this season. Comfortably first choice right back.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Nov 2013 10:18

URZZZZ Mccarthy-3
Gunter-5
Pearce-4
Morro-2
Kelly-1
Baird-2
Guthrie-6
Kanu-3
Pog-5
Mccleary-3
Obita-4

Blackman-5
Alf-4

Just watched FL show and can't see how McCarthy can be really blamed for any of the goals ... and he made a couple of decent saves as well.

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 03 Nov 2013 10:21

Note to Adkins. I believe there were officially over 800 of us there yesterday - quite a few for such a distance. Now surprisingly some of us only have two days off, don't earn thousands per week, have to pay for our travel cos we don't have an executive coach and have to buy our own food and booze. So when I give up my free time and spend that hard earned cash, I don't expect any comment from you because your staff can't do what they are paid to do. For a start, how about stopping them fvckin' about every week on twitter and facebook, dressing uo , havin' a laugh, giving inane interviews on how it will be different this week and get on with learning how to play fvckin' football.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 03 Nov 2013 10:24

Adkins didn't dig at the fans. Your all turning it into something you want to hear.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 03 Nov 2013 10:31

On the brigeht side, their was no chance of a crush in the Leppings Lane end. Every cloud.

John Peel

by John Peel » 03 Nov 2013 10:33

LoyalRoyal22 Adkins didn't dig at the fans. Your all turning it into something you want to hear.

Exactly

Big Foot Well I'm happy after that result and performance as I want Adkins out, so it was a shame that Wednesday couldn't give us the real thumping we deserved. 5-2 flattered us (from what I saw - left at 4-1 down).

Who would you bring in as manager then?

I wonder, are people so angry because they think we derserve to be in the Premiership again next year? We don't.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 03 Nov 2013 10:42

URZZZZ Mccarthy-3
Gunter-5
Pearce-4
Morro-2
Kelly-1
Baird-2
Guthrie-6
Kanu-3
Pog-5
Mccleary-3
Obita-4

Blackman-5
Alf-4

How can you give Pearce a 4 He was largely at fault for two of the goals.

ns1981

by ns1981 » 03 Nov 2013 10:52

Pandoras Box Note to Adkins. I believe there were officially over 800 of us there yesterday - quite a few for such a distance. Now surprisingly some of us only have two days off, don't earn thousands per week, have to pay for our travel cos we don't have an executive coach and have to buy our own food and booze. So when I give up my free time and spend that hard earned cash, I don't expect any comment from you because your staff can't do what they are paid to do. For a start, how about stopping them fvckin' about every week on twitter and facebook, dressing uo , havin' a laugh, giving inane interviews on how it will be different this week and get on with learning how to play fvckin' football.

WELL SAID! I didn't go yesterday ( thank fcuk ) but agree wholeheartedly with the above.

Some, not all, of our 'players' seem far more interested in social networking than taking a hard look at their performances and giving themselves a good kick up the arse. One example being Hope Akpan- he spends more time on Twatter than he does trying to break in the 1st team from what I can see and as for the photo of Jason Roberts in his training kit last week, says it all really! We, the muggy fans that pay top dollar to watch average football are the ones subsidising his hugely over inflate wages and it pisses me off!

Lastly, before I finish my rant, Alex Pearce is shite! Having watched the goals from yesterday he is totally and utterly inept and looked lost on every goal conceded. He runs around like a headless chook and the back pass that, fortunately McCarthy saved well, was a classic example of Pearce playing back/safe and putting defenders and the goalkeeper under unnecessary pressure and that too fcuks me off.

Huge changes needed for QPR or we're going to get hammered... :(

Pandoras Box

by Pandoras Box » 03 Nov 2013 10:55

I wonder, are people so angry because they think we derserve to be in the Premiership again next year? We don't

Nope - I'm angry because I am bombarded every ten minutes from the RFC PR machine (which includes the players) on how it's all so fantastic and how it will be different next week. Take a look at one hour after the game how many articles already on Twitter/ Facebook from players about apologies, heads are down but next week.............Yep, the next week where we'll see the same stupid mistakes. Sheffield Wed were really poor - we were let down by dumbass stupid defensive mistakes (again). Not everyday mistakes - but shambolic mistakes that we do not seem to learn from. That's why I get angry - couldn't give a toss about the Prem.

Broxroyal

by Broxroyal » 03 Nov 2013 10:57

Royalwaster
URZZZZ Mccarthy-3
Gunter-5
Pearce-4
Morro-2
Kelly-1
Baird-2
Guthrie-6
Kanu-3
Pog-5
Mccleary-3
Obita-4

Blackman-5
Alf-4

Just watched FL show and can't see how McCarthy can be really blamed for any of the goals ... and he made a couple of decent saves as well.

This. I turned on expecting to see a horror show from McCarthy but it wasn't that. Might be easier if we could pin the blame on the keeper but that's not the case with the goals. Might have done slightly better with the 2nd, with a quick movement of the feet rather than simply diving full length but that's about all.

The low marks that people are giving McCarthy must be due to other things that weren't shown on the FL show.

John Peel

by John Peel » 03 Nov 2013 10:57

Fair enough.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Nov 2013 11:11

Just saw the goals on the FL show. The defence was shocking. Especially Kelly and Pearce, but really where was the midfield? I haven't been impressed with Baird at all yet. He's been anonymous so far.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 03 Nov 2013 11:19

leon Just saw the goals on the FL show. The defence was shocking. Especially Kelly and Pearce, but really where was the midfield? I haven't been impressed with Baird at all yet. He's been anonymous so far.

we are overwhelmed with choices for the LB spot, a injury prone Bridge and an alleged converted RB, as for Pearce it begs the question why the hell we made such a big effort to get him to sign a new contract last season. never been my favourite player and his showings this year are justifying that. time to give Gorkks a chance, decent enough at this level

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 03 Nov 2013 11:24

Big Foot you appeared to be around the people involved in the fight in the concourse. What was that all about?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 03 Nov 2013 11:26

Pretty depressing languishing in the relegation zone. How many points from safety are we now?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 03 Nov 2013 11:44

Kelly
Kelly
Baird
Morrison/Gunter
Morrison

That's who I think were main culprits for each of the goals conceded

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 03 Nov 2013 11:49

loyalroyal4life Kelly
Kelly
Baird
Morrison/Gunter
Morrison

That's who I think were main culprits for each of the goals conceded

5th goal laughable, simple lay off on the half way line and Fryatt was allowed a challenge free run from inside his own half , you wouldn`t see that your local park

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 03 Nov 2013 11:54

McCarthy: 4
Kelly: 3
Pearce: 4
Morrison: 4
Gunter: 4
Obita: 0
Baird: 4
Guthrie: 5