Hob Nob Addict

Re: Buyout

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 11 Nov 2013 04:06

Not seen the toys out of a pram over nnot signing sissoko before

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 11 Nov 2013 05:44

The only fact is that the completion of the deal has yet to be finalised. The club have stated they are comfortable with this.

AZ has been in Russia for a couple of months which maybe down to nothing more than playing the devoted husband and father seeing as his wife has just given birth.

The only frustrating thing in all this is the lack of an interview or comment from AZ or even further comment from the club to allay fears.

Thus these rumours continue and will only build until someone official comes out and clarifies it all.

In the meantime the club has set up two transfers (Baird and Sharp) and also finalised the set up of the Academy operation (pending planning permission) which hardly suggests there's no money about and the overall deal is all going sour.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 11 Nov 2013 07:39

Except the club can't verify it. The deal is between the owners of the club, and is between them. The club carries on. There is not much more to know at this moment in time.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 11 Nov 2013 08:23

East Stand Tom I've been reading HNA for years but only now have I felt compelled to post something (looking forward to the f off newbie). I think it is plain for all of us that something is not right behind the scenes at the club, the radio silence about TSI buying the remaining 49% only heightens the speculation. Yesterday a well placed source told me about what is really happening. First things first, AZ has no money but his disappearance goes back to the Momo Sissoko saga as at a board meeting to discuss the transfer he was out voted by not only SJM but Chris Samuelson and Andrew Obolensky because the manager did not want the player. Apparently AZ threw his toys out of the pram and no one at the club has seen him since. The club is being run by SJM again and we are actively seeking new owners and it is unlikely we will see AZ ever again.

When was the board meeting?

East Stand Tom

by East Stand Tom » 11 Nov 2013 08:53

Board meeting happened on deadline day. Fall out from that rumbled on until the Oman game when AZ was last seen.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 11 Nov 2013 09:04

Barry the bird boggler In the meantime the club has set up two transfers (Baird and Sharp) and also finalised the set up of the Academy operation (pending planning permission) which hardly suggests there's no money about and the overall deal is all going sour.

Sales company in 'normal trading' while all goes to shit (or not) shock

See HMV, Game, Woolworths, Whittards, etc.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 11 Nov 2013 09:05

East Stand Tom Board meeting happened on deadline day. Fall out from that rumbled on until the Oman game when AZ was last seen.

Do know that an offer was made to Sissoko. He came over and passed a fitness test and then Reading offered him a much reduced contract offer. Needless to say Sissoko was miffed and thought Reading had messed him about so left. Definitely suggests disparate views in the boardroom.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 11 Nov 2013 10:14

paddy20
East Stand Tom Board meeting happened on deadline day. Fall out from that rumbled on until the Oman game when AZ was last seen.

Do know that an offer was made to Sissoko. He came over and passed a fitness test and then Reading offered him a much reduced contract offer. Needless to say Sissoko was miffed and thought Reading had messed him about so left. Definitely suggests disparate views in the boardroom.

on verge of signing for Anderlecht, on a 'pay as you play' basis apparently

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Nov 2013 11:12

Ian Royal
Extended-Phenotype Ok, seems like people disagree that a club should keep the fans informed.

I think that's quite sad, really. And I'm not just talking about the lame analogies.

Informed to a degree, but given that most fans seem to be dribbling ignorant reactionary fools, probably best to keep the info fairly broad.

Not expecting Anton to release his pin number, just would expect some form of comment when a huge transaction fails to materialise. My mate recently had a baby and while obviously spending most of his time covered in shit and hallucinating from lack of sleep, he still managed to send a simple text to let me know how awful his life has become.

Yeah, I get it - fans aren't shareholders and Tesco's don't call me up to let me know they are suspending their sales of coleslaw because I once bought a cheese sandwich from their store. But fans aren't 'really customers' either; nobody gives a shit about Tesco, customers don't 'support' it or put pictures of the store on the walls or hang on every movement the company does. I don't think these analogies demonstrate anything other than perhaps a misunderstanding of what the fan feels when he is paying into the club he supports and contributing financially to it's existence.

Does that legally entitle him to know what is going on? Of course not. I'm just saying that the club has gone down in my estimations by treating the fans to silence regarding the buyout and it's AWOL majority shareholder. I'm not losing sleep over it, just pointing out that I believe a good club keeps their fans in the loop, the lack of information rather points to something wrong and isn't easily swept away by cocky explanations like "meh, meh, it's business, meh meh".
Last edited by Extended-Phenotype on 11 Nov 2013 11:15, edited 1 time in total.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Nov 2013 11:15

i support tesco

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Nov 2013 11:16

melonhead i support tesco

You disgust me.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 11 Nov 2013 11:19

paddy20

AZ lined it up with the player, the board worked on a deal and were getting close to something agreeable then Adkins pulled the plug without even meeting him.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 11 Nov 2013 11:43

I invest in my football club by buying from Waitrose

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 11 Nov 2013 11:51

Uke

I invest in my football club by buying from Waitrose

Don't pretend you can afford to shop in Waitrose.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 11 Nov 2013 11:52

maffff
paddy20

AZ lined it up with the player, the board worked on a deal and were getting close to something agreeable then Adkins pulled the plug without even meeting him.

Even if this is true, it still rings alarm bells that an owner of majority shares thinks he can just bring in what players HE wants, without any consideration to the management and what they might want, considering they are employed for their football knowledge and tactical acumen. He only bought out 51% of SJM's shares, he hasn't, as far as I'm aware, put an extra penny into the club....

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 11 Nov 2013 11:56

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 11 Nov 2013 12:00

Do know that an offer was made to Sissoko. He came over and passed a fitness test and then Reading offered him a much reduced contract offer. Needless to say Sissoko was miffed and thought Reading had messed him about so left. Definitely suggests disparate views in the boardroom.[/quote]

AZ lined it up with the player, the board worked on a deal and were getting close to something agreeable then Adkins pulled the plug without even meeting him.[/quote]
Even if this is true, it still rings alarm bells that an owner of majority shares thinks he can just bring in what players HE wants, without any consideration to the management and what they might want, considering they are employed for their football knowledge and tactical acumen. He only bought out 51% of SJM's shares, he hasn't, as far as I'm aware, put an extra penny into the club....[/quote]

He got his way with Drenthe and Williams which now looks dodgy. Sounds like the board had had enough. I think Adkins was worried that he would lose the dressing room. I do think however that the communication between management and players is not what it should be. Some players need a bit of TLC, something that Brian was good at but Adkins needs to develop

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 11 Nov 2013 12:18

Will everyone just calm the fcuk down!

Stop making up stories and pointlessly speculating like you are 'In The Know' when actually 99% people on here know fcuk all but have to post bullshit to feel like they are contributing.

You can contribute to a debate without lying and giving false information to many who will believe it without question.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 11 Nov 2013 12:23

moonwalklikebas Will everyone just calm the fcuk down!

Stop making up stories and pointlessly speculating like you are 'In The Know' when actually 99% people on here know fcuk all but have to post bullshit to feel like they are contributing.

You can contribute to a debate without lying and giving false information to many who will believe it without question.

Mine are true. Agree those who speculate should say in their opinion. Not trying to be important but facts add a lot to the discussion

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 11 Nov 2013 12:29

I agree with E-P. I also strongly believe, be it with little evidence, that something just isn't right at the club at the moment.

Anton really hasn't been heard or seen for a couple of months now, and for someone so intent on being visible before, it's quite concerning. I don't believe we need to know everything that happens, however, since the deadline has been missed etc I thought he would have come out and said something, and not just left it to SJM who is supposed to be taking a back seat.

There are a lot of people who speak crap on here, but lets be honest, something just isn't right. SJM was going on about the dream ticket etc a lot at the start when Anton first arrived, and now "things are amicable". Hardly a vote of confidence.

We will find out during the Jan transfer window whats going on I expect and maybe, just maybe some of us are wrong, but I doubt it.

8685 posts