Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by winchester_royal » 24 Nov 2013 19:19

Woodcote Royal
winchester_royal ^That post would be a lot more pertinent were it not from a man who was consistently abusive of Coppell.

No one was more full of praise for Coppell's 2 best season's than me.......................................but I never thought the sun from his backside and made that perfectly clear after his worst two left us back where he found us.

Less time spent post your own cr@p might help you gain a better understanding of others views

Right...so the 07/08 season, where we finished 18th on goal difference, made your calling for Coppell's head legitimate, but the 19th place we were poisitioned in under BM, way off the pace, led to a 'disgraceful' decision to sack him :?:

Cool.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Nov 2013 19:28

It's not cool, it's just another load of utter bollox :|

We got relegated under Coppell and he kept his job, which I supported despite being highly critical of the way he had managed that season. Like McDermott, previous success warranted a chance to put things right.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 24 Nov 2013 19:38

Fair enough, you could argue then that lessons were learnt this time round? How often do clubs bounce straight back up under a manager they were relegated with?

We all recognise the job that Brian did here, and he will always be though of with huge amounts of affection by most if not all, but sacking a manager who is on course to be relegated is not the horrific immoral decision that some are trying to make it out to be.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 24 Nov 2013 19:52

I doubt it.

It's looking increasingly like our new owner made a poorly timed, bad error of judgement, the repercussions of which have only just begun.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 24 Nov 2013 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 24 Nov 2013 19:53

Pfffft. You say tomato..

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 24 Nov 2013 21:00

The error was not having the funds in place to buy the club, if we had BM in charge we would be looking at Akpan and Blackman starting week after week, two players that are at least one division above their level according to all match comments so far this season.

For all the stuff that has been posted on HNA? over the years it has been shown that there has never been money to spend on transfers, not for Coppell, not for McD and not for NA either. The accounts show we lose money every season, therefore there was never any real money, though we have a decent enough turnover compared to some others.

Everything we are spending has to come from within no one is pumping money in, not even like JM did with loans.

Bandini
Hob Nob Regular
Location: No one must know I dropped my glasses in the toilet.

by Bandini » 24 Nov 2013 21:19

Harpers So Solid Crew The error was not having the funds in place to buy the club, if we had BM in charge we would be looking at Akpan and Blackman starting week after week, two players that are at least one division above their level according to all match comments so far this season.

There's no doubt that Brian could have got the best out of them.

Adkins can only manage if a fortune is spent on players for him.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 25 Nov 2013 09:01

Yeah, Scunthorpe spent a real fortune for him..........

under the tin

by under the tin » 25 Nov 2013 09:39

Woodcote Royal I doubt it.

It's looking increasingly like our former owner made a poorly timed, bad error of judgement, the repercussions of which have only just begun.

Corrected for you

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Nov 2013 12:14

Wouldn't argue with that observation.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Nov 2013 12:18

WR does it again. Transparently disappeared last time we went on a decent run, he doesn't bother posting when we secure a credible draw with QPR, but sure enough turns up again when we take a point at Blackburn. :lol:

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 25 Nov 2013 12:37

winchester_royal Fair enough, you could argue then that lessons were learnt this time round? How often do clubs bounce straight back up under a manager they were relegated with?

We all recognise the job that Brian did here, and he will always be though of with huge amounts of affection by most if not all, but sacking a manager who is on course to be relegated is not the horrific immoral decision that some are trying to make it out to be.

So far Brian is doing a much better job. Less money, lower wages at Leeds, yet they're still above Reading.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 25 Nov 2013 12:40

No Fixed Abode
winchester_royal Fair enough, you could argue then that lessons were learnt this time round? How often do clubs bounce straight back up under a manager they were relegated with?

So far Brian is doing a much better job. Less money, lower wages at Leeds, yet they're still above Reading.

Cool, what's your point?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 25 Nov 2013 12:42

So far it's been the wrong decision to sack Brian. HTH

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 25 Nov 2013 12:45

No Fixed Abode So far it's been the wrong decision to sack Brian. HTH

Yeah, okay, what does that have to do with my post?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 25 Nov 2013 12:45

Sanguine WR does it again. Transparently disappeared last time we went on a decent run, he doesn't bother posting when we secure a credible draw with QPR, but sure enough turns up again when we take a point at Blackburn. :lol:

Yep, having a life means I tend to ration the time I spend in the presence of Grade A twats discussing the same depressing football and results.

For those who don't reside in Bodkin's backside, QPR was an OK result in a sea of mediocrity from a squad that should be wiping the floor with the likes of Sheffield Wednesday when, in fact, it was they and Peterborough who used us as a mop and bucket :|

Anyone with more than 3 brain cells could spend their entire day posting about how cr@p we've been this season because the good days have been few and far between but some have better things to do.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 25 Nov 2013 12:49

winchester_royal

You are trying to justify the sacking of Brian, when the facts at present suggest otherwise, HTH.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Nov 2013 12:50

Woodcote Royal
Sanguine WR does it again. Transparently disappeared last time we went on a decent run, he doesn't bother posting when we secure a credible draw with QPR, but sure enough turns up again when we take a point at Blackburn. :lol:

Yep, having a life means I tend to ration the time I spend in the presence of Grade A twats discussing the same depressing football and results.

For those who don't reside in Bodkin's backside, QPR was an OK result in a sea of mediocrity from a squad that should be wiping the floor with the likes of Sheffield Wednesday when, in fact, it was they and Peterborough who used us as a mop and bucket :|

Anyone with more than 3 brain cells could spend their entire day posting about how cr@p we've been this season because the good days have been few and far between but some have better things to do.

Fair enough. I fully accept that your busy periods happen to coincide with our better results. :lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 25 Nov 2013 12:55

No Fixed Abode
winchester_royal

You are trying to justify the sacking of Brian, when the facts at present suggest otherwise, HTH.

+1.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 25 Nov 2013 13:01

No Fixed Abode
winchester_royal

The facts suggest it was the wrong decision, not that it was a horrific immoral decision.

3714 posts