Are we now one of the poorest

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

Are we now one of the poorest

by paddy20 » 28 Nov 2013 17:29

I seem to remember that Madjeski was about 18th in terms of wealth of the chairman in the champ a couple of years ago. With his decline in wealth and the apparent loss of AZ could we be one of the poorest clubs in the champ? Suggestions that Drenthe and Sharp are not playing because of the appearance fees, our inability to bring in any players on loan, the frustration of our manager which leads to bizarre after match comments about the team. I know we are investing in training facilities but if we don't make the playoffs (which is looking likely) where will we be in a couple of years when Mr Mad will surely want to leave.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Are we now one of the poorest

by Extended-Phenotype » 28 Nov 2013 17:32

Can't knock us for not making any new signings when SJM isn't even allowing us to play the ones we have.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 28 Nov 2013 17:43

lol wtf is this?

We have one of the/if not the biggest wage bills in the league. 2 months ago we outbid QPR to bring Chris Baird in, and we're paying the wages that plenty of other clubs couldn't afford of Billy Sharp.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 28 Nov 2013 17:44

Yeah, we're definitely one of the poorest :lol:

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 28 Nov 2013 18:02

Paddy: I consider you a friend, I hope you know that. And I hope you understand that it's coming from a place of love and respect when I say stop this, please stop, you need to stop this now, right away, stop paddy please stop please stop paddy please. Stop.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Nov 2013 18:38

I'm pretty sure the HNA average IQ is plummeting.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 28 Nov 2013 19:11

Cock end.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 28 Nov 2013 19:22

Ouroboros Paddy: I consider you a friend, I hope you know that. And I hope you understand that it's coming from a place of love and respect when I say stop this, please stop, you need to stop this now, right away, stop paddy please stop please stop paddy please. Stop.

Ugh ok. Just because we have a lot of outgoings doesn't make us rich, it just makes us poorer. Ugh sorry- wimper- tail between legs exit. How about a new topic - are we the richest club in the champ - speedy retreat!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 28 Nov 2013 19:28

The preceding 19 must have been pretty "special"

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 28 Nov 2013 19:35

paddy20 I seem to remember that Madjeski was about 18th in terms of wealth of the chairman in the champ a couple of years ago. With his decline in wealth and the apparent loss of AZ could we be one of the poorest clubs in the champ? Suggestions that Drenthe and Sharp are not playing because of the appearance fees, our inability to bring in any players on loan, the frustration of our manager which leads to bizarre after match comments about the team. I know we are investing in training facilities but if we don't make the playoffs (which is looking likely) where will we be in a couple of years when Mr Mad will surely want to leave.

You are aware that Anton's father, Boris, was part of the Football League and Premier League's FAPPT? He may or may not be putting money into the club, it's very murky, but the guy is a multi-billionaire, and he's linked in some way to the club; so in that sense we are seen as one of the wealthiest, not poorest. Who knows what the reality is though!

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Nov 2013 19:41

aaaahhh yes, but what about the apparent loss of AZ of which he speaks

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 28 Nov 2013 20:09

melonhead aaaahhh yes, but what about the apparent loss of AZ of which he speaks

AZ hasn't gone that far with Samuelson still here and taking in U21 games.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 28 Nov 2013 20:44

A lot of posts in a similar vein to this one questioning the finances at the Mad Stad, which would all be put to bed if the club would let the fans know what is going on at the moment, have we or are we going to see anything of what, I suspect most of us believed, money was being put into the club to re-inforce our side and give Adkins the tools to do his work with. So much specualtion is not good, I find it hard to believe that Sir John was duped into letting the majority shareholding go to someone that, it would seem, was a genuine buyer with the finance to take us forward. But until some sort of statement about the clubs finances and takeover completion is presented by Reading then these realisitic ?, knee jerk ? threads will continue to appear. Sir John has made it clear on many occassions that he is not in a position to continue to "bankroll" the club, he has done an unbelievable job since taking over and I believe he had all the assurances that Anton was the right man for us, only time will tell or maybe the activities we do in the January transfer window might throw some light on some of the murky waters that presently surround the "takeover".

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 28 Nov 2013 22:07

howser A lot of posts in a similar vein to this one questioning the finances at the Mad Stad, which would all be put to bed if the club would let the fans know what is going on at the moment, have we or are we going to see anything of what, I suspect most of us believed, money was being put into the club to re-inforce our side and give Adkins the tools to do his work with. So much specualtion is not good, I find it hard to believe that Sir John was duped into letting the majority shareholding go to someone that, it would seem, was a genuine buyer with the finance to take us forward. But until some sort of statement about the clubs finances and takeover completion is presented by Reading then these realisitic ?, knee jerk ? threads will continue to appear. Sir John has made it clear on many occassions that he is not in a position to continue to "bankroll" the club, he has done an unbelievable job since taking over and I believe he had all the assurances that Anton was the right man for us, only time will tell or maybe the activities we do in the January transfer window might throw some light on some of the murky waters that presently surround the "takeover".

Don't worry.

The club probably cannot give any substantial information because simply giving that information would endanger the club's long term financial security. Speculation doesn't really do that.

Quite a bit of money has been put into the side. Pogrebnyak's wages are being paid, as are Guthrie's and Roberts' (and every other player's, but those three are the highest earners). We've signed Drenthe (big signing on fee), Williams, and Bridge (likewise). Baird and Sharp are on significantly more than the players we were signing under Madejski.

In the short term, the best sign for the future of the club would be extending Baird's contract. When that happens I will breathe a sigh of relief. In the long term, we should be secure. Like you say, Madejski wouldn't have sold to someone who didn't have the financial backing to support the club.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 28 Nov 2013 23:00

SCIAG
howser A lot of posts in a similar vein to this one questioning the finances at the Mad Stad, which would all be put to bed if the club would let the fans know what is going on at the moment, have we or are we going to see anything of what, I suspect most of us believed, money was being put into the club to re-inforce our side and give Adkins the tools to do his work with. So much specualtion is not good, I find it hard to believe that Sir John was duped into letting the majority shareholding go to someone that, it would seem, was a genuine buyer with the finance to take us forward. But until some sort of statement about the clubs finances and takeover completion is presented by Reading then these realisitic ?, knee jerk ? threads will continue to appear. Sir John has made it clear on many occassions that he is not in a position to continue to "bankroll" the club, he has done an unbelievable job since taking over and I believe he had all the assurances that Anton was the right man for us, only time will tell or maybe the activities we do in the January transfer window might throw some light on some of the murky waters that presently surround the "takeover".

Don't worry.

The club probably cannot give any substantial information because simply giving that information would endanger the club's long term financial security. Speculation doesn't really do that.

Quite a bit of money has been put into the side. Pogrebnyak's wages are being paid, as are Guthrie's and Roberts' (and every other player's, but those three are the highest earners). We've signed Drenthe (big signing on fee), Williams, and Bridge (likewise). Baird and Sharp are on significantly more than the players we were signing under Madejski.

In the short term, the best sign for the future of the club would be extending Baird's contract. When that happens I will breathe a sigh of relief. In the long term, we should be secure. Like you say, Madejski wouldn't have sold to someone who didn't have the financial backing to support the club.

Seems a lot of positivity going on here. Hope you are right but not sure there is any real substance to these views at the moment. An equal worry is the belief that more money will be put into the playing squad and thats the answer. To my mind, and as has been said before, with the squad we have we should easily be in the top 3 or 4 rather than struggling to 'stay in touch'. That has to be down to tactics and trying to use players that are not suited to possession football. With no funds its pointless trying to do the same things with the existing squad when its not working.I think we saw that with Brendan Rodgers. In short you can change a lot if you have the funds ala Liverpool. If you don't, then you need to make the most of what you have and take a pragmatic, rather than an idealised view and start winning some more games.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Nov 2013 09:56

SCIAG

Don't worry.

Unless, of course, he got things terribly wrong.

I have been very optimistic about the whole TSI/AZ thing up until now but after Saturday's game Mick Gooding clearly stated that he had spoken to Madejski who had made it very clear that he was extremely unhappy about the current situation vis a vis non-payment of the second stage of the purchase price. I'm sure I wasn't hearing things and, as a consequence of what was said, I am now somewhat less optimistic.

AkpansBFF

by AkpansBFF » 29 Nov 2013 10:14

So this has went from Williams and Drenthe not playing to Sharp and Drenthe? Sharp has still came on a couple times from the bench, but we will see about Royston in the next few weeks.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 29 Nov 2013 10:28

Ian Royal I'm pretty sure the HNA average IQ is plummeting.

Graham has disappeared to Russia and our higher IQ users aren't allowed on HNA due to post bonuses.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 29 Nov 2013 12:15

winchester_royal Yeah, we're definitely one of the poorest :lol:

+1

Emmer Green Royal

by Emmer Green Royal » 29 Nov 2013 12:33

[quote="Extended-Phenotype"]Can't knock us for not making any new signings when SJM isn't even allowing us to play the ones we have.[/quote]

I must have missed it - what's the evidence for this?