Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by LoyalRoyalFan » 28 Nov 2013 14:45

No loan signings, what ambition from Atkins...

:lol:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 28 Nov 2013 14:55

LoyalRoyalFan No loan signings, what ambition from Atkins...

How long has been at the club now? And you still can't spell his name right.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Nov 2013 15:23

Extended-Phenotype I'd actually count our best players this season, Morro, Pog and Guthrie, as Nigel's men - not Brian's. McD might have signed 'em but he didn't play 'em or even like 'em. Nigel's managed to get the best out of Brian's signings, even if his own have yet to demonstrate value.

All the best,
I like Both,
EP

that makes Akpan and Blackman Nigel's men as well, which I'm not sure is helping you....

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 28 Nov 2013 15:28

Extended-Phenotype McD might have signed 'em but he didn't play 'em or even like 'em. Nigel's managed to get the best out of Brian's signings, even if his own have yet to demonstrate value.

I think thats pretty much spot on tbf. Once again, Sir, I find myself thinking that if your opinions were a vagina I would lick them out :!:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 28 Nov 2013 15:33

Yeah :lol: , what a dufus :lol: , Brian would have had us sign loads of amazing players by now as his record shows!1!!!!23

Atkins out!!!"£DGREW!!!!RE£££!!!

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 28 Nov 2013 15:50

leon
Extended-Phenotype I'd actually count our best players this season, Morro, Pog and Guthrie, as Nigel's men - not Brian's. McD might have signed 'em but he didn't play 'em or even like 'em. Nigel's managed to get the best out of Brian's signings, even if his own have yet to demonstrate value.

All the best,
I like Both,
EP

that makes Akpan and Blackman Nigel's men as well, which I'm not sure is helping you....

If a manager brought in players that he couldn't/wouldn't utilise, that the next manager decides to give the time they deserve and gets the best out of them, I wouldn't agree the first manager deserves the credit.

Not sure you can reverse that and knock the second manager for gash players the first manager signed and played who continue to be gash.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Nov 2013 15:57

Extended-Phenotype
leon

All the best,
I like Both,
EP

If a manager brought in players that he couldn't/wouldn't utilise, that the next manager decides to give the time they deserve and gets the best out of them, I wouldn't agree the first manager deserves the credit.

Not sure you can reverse that and knock the second manager for gash players the first manager signed and played who continue to be gash.

can't have it both ways. If they are gash you shouldnt play them

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 28 Nov 2013 16:01

winchester_royal

Yeah :lol: , what a dufus :lol: , Brian would have had us sign loads of amazing players by now as his record shows!1!!!!23

Brian was a terrific manager for us, but you lot showed no respect for the club by forcing him out. Call yourselves supporters of this club... pfft.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 28 Nov 2013 16:07

leon
can't have it both ways. If they are gash you shouldnt play them

Not having it both ways. Not really arsed. But they are two different scenarios.

Shit signings which continue to be shit are shit signings. Signings the old manager gave up on that come good under a new manager, hats off to the new manager. FTR, Nigel's own signings haven't been very good - so I'm not attacking this from a 'side'. Just find it odd that Brian would get credit for players he basically told to go take a flying f/ck at the moon.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 28 Nov 2013 16:07

LoyalRoyalFan
winchester_royal

Brian was a terrific manager for us, but you lot showed no respect for the club by forcing him out. Call yourselves supporters of this club... pfft.

I didn't force anyone out, I supported Brian to the end, have great respect and adoration for him and his time here, but now we have a new manager and I'm choosing to support him rather than acting like a spoiled little brat.

You're the one who can barely contain his/her glee every time we don't win. The rest of us are just trying to support the current Reading FC manager, rather than the Leeds United one.

Cheers then.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 28 Nov 2013 16:10

Brian was Reading through and through, now we have someone in charge who couldn't really care less tbh.

Royal Biscuitman
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal Biscuitman » 28 Nov 2013 16:13

floyd__streete
Extended-Phenotype McD might have signed 'em but he didn't play 'em or even like 'em. Nigel's managed to get the best out of Brian's signings, even if his own have yet to demonstrate value.

I think thats pretty much spot on tbf. Once again, Sir, I find myself thinking that if your opinions were a vagina I would lick them out :!:

Didn't Brian do the same thing with some of Coppell's signings? - Kebe was a changed man under Brian.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 28 Nov 2013 16:17

floyd__streete

What if I smear my opinions on my cock?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 28 Nov 2013 16:20

LoyalRoyalFan Brian was Reading through and through, now we have someone in charge who couldn't really care less tbh.

What a load of utter garbage. Brian isn't a Reading fan. He worked here for 10 years and will always be remembered fondly, but at the end of the day it was just a job to him, and it didn't take him very long to get over us.

Adkins spends his time away from the first team watching the academy sides play, spends his days off in the Reading community, has run workshops for young coaches, has been heavily involved in the designs for the new training ground...what has he done to make you think that he couldn't care less? What did Brian do that Adkins isn't?

You may not think he's a particularly good manager, but this little crusade you have going on is genuinely the most pathetic piece of knobbing I've seen in my 5 years on here.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Nov 2013 03:01

winchester_royal
LoyalRoyalFan
winchester_royal

I didn't force anyone out, I supported Brian to the end, have great respect and adoration for him and his time here, but now we have a new manager and I'm choosing to support him rather than acting like a spoiled little brat.

You're the one who can barely contain his/her glee every time we don't win. The rest of us are just trying to support the current Reading FC manager, rather than the Leeds United one.

Cheers then.

If booing at couple games is enough to force our management to sack someone, LRF would be better off standing at Madejski's parking space before a few games and booing loudly whilst holding an "Adkins out!" placard.

Rather than dribbling his particular brand of stupidity on here. Nige'd be gone before Xmas if that's all it took.

And before anyone says I forced Bri out - that's not possible is it. Afterall I never go to games.

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 29 Nov 2013 08:23

Mr Angry Would that be the same Morrison loaned out to Huddersfield; who was then offered to Huddersfield as a make weight in trying to get Jordan Rhodes and who rarely got a game under Brian?

Is that really what happened? I thought Huddersfield wanted Morrison, so offering him as a make weight would be a good move, no? Something for this deal didn't work so could it be that our valuation of Morrison was too high, which would be a compliment to Morrison - not the sleight you are implying. Plus he did get games - he just wasnt very good in some of them - hence why he was never the first name on the sheet. Now that Mariappa has gone, hes jumped a place because of that

Mr Angry And would that be the same Guthrie who was played out of position and so refused to play for the team and who was subsequently dropped and who rarely got a game again until after Brian left?

Thats revisionism at its best. Guthrie had plenty of chances for a guy who refused to play for the team. And just how do you manage a footballer who refuses to play football but still collects his wages? Guthrie made his bed - 'played out of position' is a feeble excuse - he had to lie in it. And if that means McDermott not playing him, so be it. What exactly do you expect if you dont turn up for work one day?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 29 Nov 2013 09:20

Zana Badawi Thats revisionism at its best. Guthrie had plenty of chances for a guy who refused to play for the team. And just how do you manage a footballer who refuses to play football but still collects his wages? Guthrie made his bed - 'played out of position' is a feeble excuse - he had to lie in it. And if that means McDermott not playing him, so be it. What exactly do you expect if you dont turn up for work one day?

He didn't refuse to play, he refused to travel up to Sunderland to sit on the bench. Yes he made the wrong call, but he was doing in protest at the way he was being utilised by McD. Maybe he had exhausted all other ways and he saw this as his last resort? What is definite is that we have no idea what went on behind the scenes, but from my opinion he was being under-utilised and played out of position. What I have never been able to work out is why we signed an excellent passer of the ball only to tell him to adapt his playing style to fit in with our direct approach (Guthrie himself went public about this on Twitter as a way of trying to explain his below par performances).

Royal91
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal91 » 29 Nov 2013 09:34

Anyone still going on about Guthrie and Sunderland. Just F U CK OFF.

NAME ME ONE PLAYER THIS SEASON WHO HAS SHOWED MORE PASSION. He's our best player so f u c k i n g get over it.

At least he didn't f u c k off to play in the PL or force his way out in the summer.

You bunch of stupid c u n t s.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 29 Nov 2013 10:14

Royal91 Anyone still going on about Guthrie and Sunderland. Just F U CK OFF.

NAME ME ONE PLAYER THIS SEASON WHO HAS SHOWED MORE PASSION. He's our best player so f u c k i n g get over it.

At least he didn't f u c k off to play in the PL or force his way out in the summer.

You bunch of stupid c u n t s.

Bonus points for brevity and style! :D :D

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 29 Nov 2013 11:14

Wycombe Royal
Zana Badawi Thats revisionism at its best. Guthrie had plenty of chances for a guy who refused to play for the team. And just how do you manage a footballer who refuses to play football but still collects his wages? Guthrie made his bed - 'played out of position' is a feeble excuse - he had to lie in it. And if that means McDermott not playing him, so be it. What exactly do you expect if you dont turn up for work one day?

He didn't refuse to play, he refused to travel up to Sunderland to sit on the bench. .
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3714 posts