BFTG Forest

167 posts
BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Forest

by BenReadingFC » 30 Nov 2013 02:41

dizzynewheights ^ :roll:

As someone who went to the game - its nights like tonight that make all the shit days worthwhile. Utterly fantastic evening in every way except for my driver getting lost on the way home. ffs

To be fair to your driver, the A43 was closed but we didn't find that out until it was too late really to find a better route. We still took the A43 until the closure and then hacked through Silverstone and on loads of country roads down to Brackley before rejoining the A43.

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 30 Nov 2013 02:49

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 30 Nov 2013 03:13

BenReadingFC

As someone who went to the game - its nights like tonight that make all the shit days worthwhile. Utterly fantastic evening in every way except for my driver getting lost on the way home. ffs

To be fair to your driver, the A43 was closed but we didn't find that out until it was too late really to find a better route. We still took the A43 until the closure and then hacked through Silverstone and on loads of country roads down to Brackley before rejoining the A43.

He's still a Bracknell pikey

BenReadingFC
Hob Nob Regular

by BenReadingFC » 30 Nov 2013 03:22

dizzynewheights
BenReadingFC

He's still a Bracknell pikey

dat tru

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 30 Nov 2013 08:42

2 world wars, 1 world cup
winchester_royal Really good team performance. Players all came over at the end and you could tell how much it meant to them. Hopefully this is the turning point..plenty arounf me thought it might be.

McCarthy - Nothing spectacular needed, but commanded his area nicely. Nothing to be done about the goals. - 7
Gunter - Very harshly done to. Solid before the red card. Shame he can't appeal two yellows as he'd be due another apology otherwise. - 7
Pear and Gorkss - Look very comfortable together. Henderson gave them a good test, but apart from a couple of hairy moments did well. - 7
Kelly - Not a LB. Not even close. Did well when moved right after the red. - 6
McCleary - Always a threat, as shown by his assist, but shirked a couple too many challenges for my liking. - 7
Guthrie - Undersated, but kept ball well and put in plenty of good set pieces. A good combo building with Williams. - 7
Williams. - Star man. Energy and quality in abundance. Exactly what we've been missing. Drove the team on, espeicially at 2 - 2. - 8
Hrk - Okay, faded in the second half. Should impose himself more. - 6
Pog. Gr8. I love him. Subbed off to protect him from another yellow and to keep him fresh for Charlton as he's crucial to how we play. - 8

Subs - Sharp offered lots and kept us going forwards to the end. Jobi did well at LB. Blackman didn't do much but put a shift in.
Adkins - Subs were exactly what we needed and we looked very solid in the last 10 mins.
Fans - travelled in numbers and made plenty of noise. Gr8 to be a part of.

Was Obita that forgettable/anonymous? :|

Oops :oops:

Obita - Continues to show plenty of potential. Beat his man a number of times and a couple of decent deliveries. Still has areas to work on, and has the tendency to go missing a little bit, but his progression is very encouraging. Took his goal well. - 7.5

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 30 Nov 2013 08:56

Got a killer headache and a sore throat and very sore legs. Recovering in the travelodge at the minute.

Drive to Nottingham was a ball ache, and for some reason didn't appreciate just how far it was from the royal county.

Went to Ye olde Jerusalem pub, the vat and fiddle and then the notts county pub - was about 10 people in there!

The game was amazing. Loved it, and that's why I endure game after game - for those nights. At 2 nil I was worried as it was early to take the lead. At 2-2 I was surprisingly up beat but nervous every time they got the ball.

3-2: mental celebration and amazing performance. Never gave up and it was the best game this season for me anyway

Atmosphere in away end was amazing, one of the best in the last year or two. Everyone standing, constant singing and great support. Loved the players coming over at the end - showed how delighted they were.

10/10

Now, where are my headache tablets?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Nov 2013 09:28

Bloke A for the short corner routine...THATS RUBBISH

Bloke A 5 seconds later - oxf*rd BRILLIANT

:lol:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 30 Nov 2013 09:32

DandyRoyal Just got home, wasn't even going to go because I had a mate's birthday but another friend of mine, a Derby fan in fact, was in the pub with us and randomly said sod it lets go, bailed on my mate and went :P Great game, very feelgood atmosphere at the end, they were all over for us for the first 15 minutes of the second half but other than that I was not impressed by Forest.

Not surprising - they were significantly under-strength.

boycey

by boycey » 30 Nov 2013 09:48

paultheroyal

Bloke A for the short corner routine...THATS RUBBISH

Bloke A 5 seconds later - oxf*rd BRILLIANT

:lol:

My favourite is the absolute trumpet wearing a shirt over his jumper, doing the easy easy chant from soccer am circa 2002 .

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Nov 2013 09:50

Royal91 Nigel Adkins can't win.

Gets slated for bringing on a Midfielder when we are winning.

Gets slated for bringing on fresh strikers (defending from the front) when we are winning.

What oxf*rd on the radio said Adkins should be sacked. Someone should shoot him.

Was that Dellor?! :wink:

He is one of the worst.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 30 Nov 2013 09:53

bobby1413 Got a killer headache and a sore throat and very sore legs. Recovering in the travelodge at the minute.

Drive to Nottingham was a ball ache, and for some reason didn't appreciate just how far it was from the royal county.

Went to Ye olde Jerusalem pub, the vat and fiddle and then the notts county pub - was about 10 people in there!

The game was amazing. Loved it, and that's why I endure game after game - for those nights. At 2 nil I was worried as it was early to take the lead. At 2-2 I was surprisingly up beat but nervous every time they got the ball.

3-2: mental celebration and amazing performance. Never gave up and it was the best game this season for me anyway

Atmosphere in away end was amazing, one of the best in the last year or two. Everyone standing, constant singing and great support. Loved the players coming over at the end - showed how delighted they were.

10/10

Now, where are my headache tablets?

Yep, agree with all that.

Four hours to get there and 2:20 getting back!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 30 Nov 2013 10:17

Man Friday
DandyRoyal Just got home, wasn't even going to go because I had a mate's birthday but another friend of mine, a Derby fan in fact, was in the pub with us and randomly said sod it lets go, bailed on my mate and went :P Great game, very feelgood atmosphere at the end, they were all over for us for the first 15 minutes of the second half but other than that I was not impressed by Forest.

Not surprising - they were significantly under-strength.

So were we.

Forest looked decent with Reid dictating things and Henderson did his usual routine of playing like Drogba against us, but aside from that 15 min spell we were well on top. Their first goal iirc came from a slip by one of our defenders that allowed their attacker free down the right to put a simple ball across for a tap in. They didn't deserve it on the balance of play but it gave them some momentum that along with the 2 subs at HT and change of formation rattled us a bit, but we regrouped after their second and reasserted some dominance going into the final 25 that brought us a deserved 3 points.

Massive win against a team that (according to their fans around the ground) spanked Burnley last weekend and should have won by 3/4, a team that was 4th before this weekend's games, a team that has had a lot of money pumped into it in the last couple of windows. And we deserved it. This wasn't a backs-to-the-wall jobby, it was (for the most part) a really assertive performance.

Did make me wonder where we'd be right now if Williams had been fit for the last 10 weeks. Very very impressive last night, hopefully the knock he picked up towards the end is nothing serious.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 30 Nov 2013 10:29

Pipedreamer
@TrickyTree

#nffc missed a trick not going for Nigel Adkins instead of Billy.#readingfc - best team to visit the CG so far. Much better than #burnleyfc

8)

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 30 Nov 2013 10:32

I went for a slash 2 minutes before Cox scored.

They had the local radio feed on, and at the time, it was 'far far far too easy for Reading'...

The 15 minutes where Darius the Wonderhorse looked half decent aside, we were pretty solid.

Williams and Guthrie are a gr8 duo in the centre. Anyone who would doubt Guthries commitment should watch that game.

Pog was immense up top. He was getting slightly riled, while already being on a yellow. 100% the right choice to sub him.

Fans, awesome. Lovely low roof at the City ground makes a good noise. Plus being able to stand for the 90 was welcome.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 30 Nov 2013 10:44

P!ssed Off
AirRaidSiren @p!ssed off

So what? Does it REALLY matter?

Who gives a toss if he got something slightly wrong in his post?

I understood the post without trying to pick holes in it.

I didn't understand the post:
"Nigel Adkins can't win.
1. Gets slated for bringing on a Midfielder when we are winning.
2. Gets slated for bringing on fresh strikers (defending from the front) when we are winning."

Please interpret:
"Gets slated for bringing on a Midfielder when we are winning."

You have selective reading again i see!

I'll reiterate what I said for you, "Who gives a toss if he got something slightly wrong in his post?". If. If. IF.

So, I don't have to interpret anything, you're just being a complete and utter bell end for the sake of it.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 30 Nov 2013 11:04

Just watching Soccer AM (yeah, I know). Garath McCleary and Chris pcunter are on it. McCleary is currently dressed up as Jiminy Cricket.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 30 Nov 2013 11:12

We looked really good for large parts of the game yesterday, easily the best performance of the season so far. Williams was excellent, Obita shone as well, scenes for all the goals, decent little atmosphere, great night out, and a good win against a good looking Forest side. Can't ask for much more.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 30 Nov 2013 11:46

Also like to add I wouldn't agree with either of Gunter's yellows, Adkins made great substitutions, Jobi finally looked decent once again, agree with underestimating how far it was to get there, arriving at 7 left no pub time, and the bastard road closure, also did the off at Silverstone, country roads to Brackley and back on route.

Badger Finger
Hob Nob Regular

by Badger Finger » 30 Nov 2013 12:04

Why would you ever go A43 when the M69 and A46 are by far superior.

SMH

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 30 Nov 2013 12:11

Just watched the clip of the final whistle on the OS. Quite possibly in love with the Pog. Even Jobi after all the waiting to play is absolutely pumped. Give him 90 mins Adkins.

Please!!!!

Fair play to those that went. Glad you all got to see a win.

167 posts