BFTG Forest

167 posts
windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG Forest

by windermere_royal » 01 Dec 2013 16:02

NewCorkSeth
St. Brynjar Gained three points on QPR, Burnley, Forest, Leeds and Watford. Excellent weekend, although the fact we're still 7 adrift of the autos says a lot about our very indifferent form of late.

Great results eh! Wigan should be able to help us by beating Derby too

Derby 3-0 up. looks like the European campaign is ruining Wigan`s Season, even though they were at home Thursday

dizzynewheights
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Waitin at a red light, Kentucky Fried Chicken in, Low End Theory tape in, bass crazy kicking in

by dizzynewheights » 01 Dec 2013 18:43

St Pauli

Love the shout of 'scabs' at the Nottinghamshire lot on 1:32 on the pog video. 8)

84/85- Never Forgive, Never Forget.

Whoever that is, they sound handsome

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 01 Dec 2013 18:50

If I can assume that it was you what shouted it BBTL, can I just say you've gone way up in my estimation.

The question is, were you alive in 1985? (Sub question: Is it possible to judge groups of people in past events that happened in a time when one wasn't alive?)

Glory Boy

by Glory Boy » 01 Dec 2013 19:25

St Pauli

Love the shout of 'scabs' at the Nottinghamshire lot on 1:32 on the pog video. 8)

Ooh that most hurt so much being called a scab. How do those Notts folk sleep at night.

I bet they wore jumbo ties and flares too those naughty scabs.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 01 Dec 2013 19:30

St Pauli If I can assume that it was you what shouted it BBTL, can I just say you've gone way up in my estimation.

The question is, were you alive in 1985? (Sub question: Is it possible to judge groups of people in past events that happened in a time when one wasn't alive?)

St Pauli, I think if you're going to use slogans such as "84/85- Never Forgive, Never Forget." then you should indeed use quotation marks.
Otherwise it suggests that the slogan portrays your own feelings, when clearly you are merely parroting the feelings of others.

As you've already pointed out, the mining strike had nothing to do with you therefore who exactly would require your forgiveness is a mystery.

As you've already mentioned, you weren't even alive at the time. You can remember it as a documented, historical event, if you like but to remember it as some sort of emotional grievance is a bit :roll: .

Avon Royal's " :roll: " was very much correct in this case.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2013 19:33

^Typical scab argument

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 01 Dec 2013 19:42

winchester_royal ^Typical scab argument

:lol:
According to the SWP I "broke the sacred picket line" when attending a uni lecture last year.
Couldn't give a oxf*rd mate...

You should have seen their :( faces when the few hundred people in the lecture hall told their merry band of about 12 to piss off.
Worst. Occupation. Ever.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2013 19:48

More strikes on Tuesday. I have my Maggie mask at the ready.

Ding dong the witch is back 8)

M Brook
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by M Brook » 01 Dec 2013 19:55

winchester_royal More strikes on Tuesday. I have my Maggie mask at the ready.

Very funny :roll:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2013 19:59

M Brook

Cheers x

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Dec 2013 20:09

M Brook

Of all the things to use a :roll: at.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 01 Dec 2013 20:17

P!ssed Off
St Pauli If I can assume that it was you what shouted it BBTL, can I just say you've gone way up in my estimation.

St Pauli, I think if you're going to use slogans such as "84/85- Never Forgive, Never Forget." then you should indeed use quotation marks.
Otherwise it suggests that the slogan portrays your own feelings, when clearly you are merely parroting the feelings of others.

As you've already pointed out, the mining strike had nothing to do with you therefore who exactly would require your forgiveness is a mystery.

As you've already mentioned, you weren't even alive at the time. You can remember it as a documented, historical event, if you like but to remember it as some sort of emotional grievance is a bit :roll: .

I would have thought it was obvious that the Nottinghamshire scabs should be begging for my forgiveness as they had a direct hand in destroying the working class movement which is why the country (that I have to live in) is in the sorry state it is.

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 01 Dec 2013 20:19

P!ssed Off
winchester_royal ^Typical scab argument

According to the SWP I "broke the sacred picket line" when attending a uni lecture last year.
Couldn't give a oxf*rd mate...

You should have seen their :( faces when the few hundred people in the lecture hall told their merry band of about 12 to piss off.
Worst. Occupation. Ever.

So they went off to the pub whilst you and your fellow scabs sat down desperate to learn, study hard, and pass an apple to teacher?

I think I know who's winning here.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 01 Dec 2013 20:21

St Pauli
P!ssed Off

I would have thought it was obvious that the Nottinghamshire scabs should be begging for my forgiveness as they had a direct hand in destroying the working class movement which is why the country (that I have to live in) is in the sorry state it is.

:idea:

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 01 Dec 2013 20:25

Glory Boy
St Pauli

Ooh that most hurt so much being called a scab. How do those Notts folk sleep at night.

I bet they wore jumbo ties and flares too those naughty scabs.

It does m8 it does.

I was in a Nottinghamshire pit village 3 years ago (closed pit of course) and they were protesting against a planned incinerator in their village.

Did the bosses care about these blacklegs once they'd done their dirty work for them?

Did they bollocks.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 01 Dec 2013 20:30

All about principles. Your average football fan these days can't relate to that alien line of thinking at all as their clubs sell their soul to chase the PL Yen and the fans follow like sheep (except for a few that believe in tradition and principles and old-fashioned nonsense like that, ref Hull Tigers Utd).
Last edited by Man Friday on 01 Dec 2013 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 01 Dec 2013 20:33

Lol. So someone who doesn't sympathise with industrial action, or the persecution of those who choose to earn a living to support their family, has no principles?

SociaLOLism

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 01 Dec 2013 20:39

P!ssed Off
St Pauli

MR. SCHERER: 'Why do you not stay in Russia?'

MR. ROBESON: 'Because my father was a slave, and my people died to build this country and I am going to stay here and have a part of it just like you. And no fascist- minded people will drive me from it. Is that clear?'

With quotation marks just for you PO.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 01 Dec 2013 20:42

winchester_royal Lol. So someone who doesn't sympathise with industrial action, or the persecution of those who choose to earn a living to support their family, has no principles?

SociaLOLism

Didn't say that. What I would say is that someone who acts in the way you describe has reduced principles. De facto.

Agree with sociaLoLism comment though.

Anyway, you have me at an advantage WR - you seem to spend your life on this forum responding to every post that you disagree with. I'm afraid I don't have that luxury of time. (Nor the inclination.)

See you all in a few days' time. :D

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 01 Dec 2013 20:49

St Pauli
P!ssed Off
St Pauli

MR. SCHERER: 'Why do you not stay in Russia?'

MR. ROBESON: 'Because my father was a slave, and my people died to build this country and I am going to stay here and have a part of it just like you. And no fascist- minded people will drive me from it. Is that clear?'

With quotation marks just for you PO.

I thought you were German?

167 posts