8685 posts
Lacoste

Re: Buyout

by Lacoste » 02 Dec 2013 22:00

Reading4eva
Uke
Nameless We're not, we're 6th

Madejski out. Adkins out. Everyone out.

Having said that from what I hear the situation is not really as some suggest and whilst AZ does have an issue it's not with SJM, RFC, the FBI or the KGB but with his father who has thrown a wobbly and temporarily broken off links. Hopefully like many family bust ups it will resolve itself and normal service will be resumed. I do agree that given that some people seem to think the club is in tatters and we have an injury list from hell we are doing pretty well to have title favourites Watford trailing us by 5 points and just 3 defeats so far in the league.

But what about AZ's personal wealth? It's almost like he never had any ;)

You really don't want a family feud with Boris (and his brother Michael) http://www.rumafia.com/person.php?id=204

Does anyone know if AZ has any brothers or sisters?

League table of Oligarchs from Wikileaks? Guess who bought top place of that league too ;)

I want them on the board at our football club 8)

Wonder if Oyston will sell us Ince then?

First time you've made me :lol:

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 02 Dec 2013 22:01

Got to be an utter mug to think all is well behind the scenes at RFC at the moment.

loyalroyaldaz

by loyalroyaldaz » 02 Dec 2013 22:40

Whatever the oxf*rd is going on the worst of it is that the club are saying absolutely nothing. We are being mugged off. Im not expecting to be told everything but at least come out with something, a denial if need be, but something !

Dont be suprised if we get early early bird renewals soon !!!

under the tin

by under the tin » 03 Dec 2013 08:29

Not so sure about the "mugged off" thing.

The silence is nothing new. Some football clubs have people within them that go whoring stories off to the media at the drop of a hat. Ours doesn't. Reading has historically been run where the business side of things remain private.
I suppose if you put yourself in SJM's position, what on earth would be achieved by going public if indeed things have gone wrong?
If the old boy is seeking new buyers, then surely any potential new regime contemplating taking over would prefer to see a club with continuity and stability over one in conflict and turmoil.

FWIW, I reckon that the January window will tell us more about the financial health of the club than any press release, and will be used to do some discreet cloth cutting (and about time, in some cases). If the TSI "tap" has been turned off, Sir John has little alternative.

Magic Hat

by Magic Hat » 03 Dec 2013 08:42

loyalroyaldaz Whatever the oxf*rd is going on the worst of it is that the club are saying absolutely nothing. We are being mugged off. Im not expecting to be told everything but at least come out with something, a denial if need be, but something !

Dont be suprised if we get early early bird renewals soon !!!

Madejski did, but it wasn't what all the doom-mongers wanted to hear.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24565433

Sir John Madejski "There is no reason for that type of concern," he said. "Onwards and upwards as far as I am concerned. I will always do my best for Reading Football Club."

Time will tell, no need to worry yourself as it's beyond your control.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 03 Dec 2013 08:43

Nameless Hopefully like many bust ups it will resolve itself

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 03 Dec 2013 11:04

LoyalRoyal22
Ian Royal
LoyalRoyal22
Your in denial.

You're.

You're a oxf*rd

Cunt.

'lista
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by 'lista » 03 Dec 2013 11:38

Ouroboros
LoyalRoyal22
Ian Royal
You're.

You're a oxf*rd

Cunt.

Helmet.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 03 Dec 2013 13:03

If there's any truth to these rumours then we will see a sale or two in January. We can't be hard up and struggling with the wage bill and not selling at the same time. Someone like McCarthy is the obvious choice. He would bring in substantial sums of money and that might tide us over until the end of the season. It may even be Pogrebnyak for a small fee and his wages off the bill. It could easily be both.

If there's no truth in it and James has been mislead, then we will instead see a few new players arrive and no-one leave. At least we don't have long to get an idea of what is really going on.

One thing is for sure, we might want the club to be more transparent about all of this, but if they were to announce that we are in trouble, we will be inundated with silly offers for our best players, offers which aren't good enough for us, and that will unsettle the players at the same time; so you wont get that, certainly not mid-season.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 03 Dec 2013 13:06

SPARTA Behind the scenes ‏@flyonthewallrfc

"Anton has been banned from coming back by his father. The full takeover will not happen.
They are looking to sell their 51% stake as soon as possible as Boris won't fund anything further as mentioned weeks ago.
We are also in your position that we might not be able to pay the players wages in January. Pogrebnyak is on £53k a week.
Very very worrying times indeed."

This guy used to be very reliable. I really hope on this occasion he couldn't be more wrong!

:lol:

Who made that up?

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 03 Dec 2013 13:17

:oops:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Dec 2013 13:21

I like how the guy created an anonymous account, even though everyone knows who he is, and indeed still posts stuff from his 'source' on his personal account. Seriously, why :?: :!:

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 03 Dec 2013 13:54

winchester_royal I like how the guy created an anonymous account, even though everyone knows who he is, and indeed still posts stuff from his 'source' on his personal account. Seriously, why :?: :!:

I am not that sure who it is to be honest, but there was one account that was passing comment on what he said, speculating doom and gloom, so I'm going for him.

10539.4 Miles Away
Hob Nob Regular

by 10539.4 Miles Away » 04 Dec 2013 08:48

Uke
League table of Oligarchs from Wikileaks? Guess who bought top place of that league too ;)

Document
77 David Traktovenko 1956 Roofridge Vice President BD “sinking Peter castle” 350 9,9

Always wondered what happened to our youngest ever player.

under the tin

by under the tin » 04 Dec 2013 09:04

SPARTA One thing is for sure, we might want the club to be more transparent about all of this, but if they were to announce that we are in trouble, we will be inundated with silly offers for our best players, offers which aren't good enough for us, and that will unsettle the players at the same time; so you wont get that, certainly not mid-season.

^^^^^ true dat.

I reckon possible departures:

Players pushing for a move
ALF "I need to be playing more"
McAnuff "I need a fresh challenge at this stage of my career"
Federici "For the sake of my international career"

Initiated by the club
Drenthe will be released from his contract due to fitness issues, but this will be dressed up as something else

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 04 Dec 2013 11:27

SPARTA If there's any truth to these rumours then we will see a sale or two in January. We can't be hard up and struggling with the wage bill and not selling at the same time. Someone like McCarthy is the obvious choice. He would bring in substantial sums of money and that might tide us over until the end of the season. It may even be Pogrebnyak for a small fee and his wages off the bill. It could easily be both.

If there's no truth in it and James has been mislead, then we will instead see a few new players arrive and no-one leave. At least we don't have long to get an idea of what is really going on.

One thing is for sure, we might want the club to be more transparent about all of this, but if they were to announce that we are in trouble, we will be inundated with silly offers for our best players, offers which aren't good enough for us, and that will unsettle the players at the same time; so you wont get that, certainly not mid-season.

Agreed.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 04 Dec 2013 13:08

We'll see a sale or two in January because there is still some dead weight in the squad. Unless a silly offer comes in can't see us selling any of our regulars.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 04 Dec 2013 14:33

ZacNaloen We'll see a sale or two in January because there is still some dead weight in the squad. Unless a silly offer comes in can't see us selling any of our regulars.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Alf go and possibly Cummings.
Would like to see HRK go-not good enough for Cardiff or Swansea (although he thinks he is) but Newport or Wrexham could be interested.
Last edited by BR2 on 04 Dec 2013 14:35, edited 2 times in total.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 04 Dec 2013 14:34

If we intend to sign Sharp full time then yeh Alf will go.

Sharp showed him up last night

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Dec 2013 17:39

ZacNaloen We'll see a sale or two in January because there is still some dead weight in the squad. Unless a silly offer comes in can't see us selling any of our regulars.

unfortunately the dead weight is also our back up.. AlF is our 3rd choice and Blackman is our 4th choice striker we sell either of them then suddenly we look pretty short in that area! Especially considering Sharp might not want to stay. We need four strikers so unless we promote Ugwu or Dom we shouldn't look to sell there.

In other areas Akpan is currently our 3rd choice CM (due to injury) We should get Baird back soon but his deal runs out much like Sharps. Add that to Jem not returning anytime soon and we look thin in the centre of the park. Ledge isn't back soon either is he?

In short I dont think we can sell unless we buy. The only position i could see us selling is GK. Taylor is capable of sitting on a bench so McCarthy and Federici may both be eligible for a bid.

8685 posts