Back from the game ..... charlton

174 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from the game ..... charlton

by MmmMonsterMunch » 03 Dec 2013 23:40

The atmosphere was like a fcuking morgue tonight. Absolutely awful.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 03 Dec 2013 23:40

winchester_royal
P!ssed Off No that's bollocks.
People booed the fact that Williams was subbed off.
Don't talk rubbish.

People booed the manager when we were winning the game for taking off a guy who's been out for 12 weeks, had put in 2 big shifts in 4 days, and had a niggly calf :?: :evil:

:lol:
If you saw what happened in the 30 mins after he went off, you might be more understanding.
Shock horror: It's not just a 'minority of idiots on the internet' who think Adkins's subs are shit.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 03 Dec 2013 23:40

Brum Royal
SLAMMED Still have that fcking song in my head :x

CAFC . . . . the team for me . . . . then random noise

When I was young
I followed 'em
CAFC
The team for me...

:evil:

Are they attempting to rhyme "young" with "'em" there :?:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 03 Dec 2013 23:45

P!ssed Off
winchester_royal
P!ssed Off No that's bollocks.
People booed the fact that Williams was subbed off.
Don't talk rubbish.

People booed the manager when we were winning the game for taking off a guy who's been out for 12 weeks, had put in 2 big shifts in 4 days, and had a niggly calf :?: :evil:

If you saw what happened in the 30 mins after he went off, you might be more understanding.
Shock horror: It's not just a 'minority of idiots on the internet' who think Adkins's subs are shit.

Sorry, but booing any manager when you're winning 1-0 is pretty pathetic. End. Not surprised though, our home fans are shit. I'll be back down south on Saturday to whip you all into shape. 8)

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 03 Dec 2013 23:46

A word about Royston Drenthe:
There was not a chance that he was getting on the pitch tonight, Adkins obviously just put him on the bench to keep him happy.
His 'warming-up' right in front of me on the sidelines was a an absolute embarrassment.
After a bit of skill practice at HT he left the pitch huffin' and puffin' like an asthmatic going up stairs.

Don't care what he says on Instagram. He is NOT FIT.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 03 Dec 2013 23:48

winchester_royal
P!ssed Off :lol:

Sorry, but booing any manager when you're winning 1-0 is pretty pathetic. End. Not surprised though, our home fans are shit. I'll be back down south on Saturday to whip you all into shape. 8)

It's all well and easy saying "3 points, doesn't matter if we were shit", when listening on the radio.
Those that were arsed to attend are entitled to say more.

"Results the only thing that matters, stop whinging", said the bloke in the armchair. :wink:

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 03 Dec 2013 23:49

P!ssed Off A word about Royston Drenthe:
There was not a chance that he was getting on the pitch tonight, Adkins obviously just put him on the bench to keep him happy.
His 'warming-up' right in front of me on the sidelines was a an absolute embarrassment.
After a bit of skill practice at HT he left the pitch huffin' and puffin' like an asthmatic going up stairs.

I know it was a little chilly this evening, but Royston had so many layers on that he looked like the Michelin Man (or may be it was only a couple of layers and multiple rolls of blubber)

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 03 Dec 2013 23:50

grey_squirrel Only one thing to say.

Hope Akpan.

THE worst player I have ever seen don a Reading shirt in 40 years.

:|

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 03 Dec 2013 23:50

3points
P!ssed Off A word about Royston Drenthe:

I know it was a little chilly this evening, but Royston had so many layers on that he looked like the Michelin Man (or may be it was only a couple of layers and multiple rolls of blubber)

My Dad said: Look how many coats Royston is wearing.
My reply: I think he's just fat.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 03 Dec 2013 23:50

Hope Akpan.

Mass Sarr. (Even SJM recognised he was a waste of space)

St Pauli
Hob Nob Legend

by St Pauli » 03 Dec 2013 23:51

winchester_royal
St Pauli
He's a Thatcherite, what do you expect?

Yeah yeah, shouldn't you be in bed resting up for an honest day's work tomorrow? Oh wait... :!:

Pfft. It's late in the term and tomorrow is my easiest day of the fortnight.

Also, you can thank those no shows the MMS for me being all revved up and no place to go...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Dec 2013 23:51

joeroyal
Ian Royal 1st half tidy, strong and by far the better team without ever really being great or getting in behind. Second half ok until akpan came on for williams and then diabolical.

McCarthy 8 nothing too challenging but kept a clean sheet.
Kelly 7 needed to get tighter late on
Cummings 7 saved our ass a couple of times
Gorkss 5 hoof merchant who lost it in the last 10 or something
Pearce 9 rock MOTM
Guthrie 7 tidy but went missing late I n. Not convinced thats his fault
Williams 8 e tra mark for the difference when he went off.
McCleary 7 usual flair and usual going missing
McAnuff 6 not his best but decent. Stop shooting
Sharp 7 good goal
Pog 8 worked his arse off. Candidate for MOTM but we barely touched it for 20 at the end

Akpan -7563 absolutely terrible
Hrk 6 ok ish
Blackman did he touch the ball?

If all the mids went missing How the the feck are you giving them 7s you fecking muppet thank fcuk I don't come on here often with idiots like you
I've given Akpan minus seven thousand and sixty-three out of ten you cockend

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 03 Dec 2013 23:53

P!ssed Off
winchester_royal
P!ssed Off :lol:

It's all well and easy saying "3 points, doesn't matter if we were shit", when listening on the radio.

"Results the only thing that matters, stop whinging", said the bloke in the armchair. :wink:

Yeah, cheers for that but I've seen more than my fair share of dross this season (Yeovil (a), Barnsley (a), Burnley (a), Sheff Wed (a)), and I managed to refrain from booing at any point of any of those games so I'll allow myself to sit on my high horse on this occasion. Ta.

By all means be irritated at the performance and have a good moan with your m8s, but booing? Nah, that's not on. Imho.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 03 Dec 2013 23:53

Hope Akpan.

In the minutes he was on I thought he had a poor game but I am sure from my view in the North Stand that he ensured a clean sheet by heading a certain goal off the line.
For this he should be cut some slack.

I thought that we lacked energy tonight. A very very flat performance by the players and fans alike.
Tin hat time as I actually thought we missed the attacking wing threat of Gunter. I have never seen a game like that. We had no width at all

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 03 Dec 2013 23:56

Not the greatest game. Another good start but so frustrating that we can't sustain the good periods of palsy.

Thought that they should of had a nailed on penalty.

Akpan and Blackman are league one players but jeering and cheering him sarcastically is not a smart move.

Thought the bloke who did the half time quiz was an absolute legend.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 03 Dec 2013 23:59

paultheroyal Not the greatest game. Another good start but so frustrating that we can't sustain the good periods of palsy.

Akpan and Blackman are league one players but jeering and cheering him sarcastically is not a smart move.

From where I sat, I thought Church looked for it & the ref got it spot on. Not seen the replay though...

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 04 Dec 2013 00:00

winchester_royal
P!ssed Off It's all well and easy saying "3 points, doesn't matter if we were shit", when listening on the radio.

Yeah, cheers for that but I've seen more than my fair share of dross this season (Yeovil (a), Barnsley (a), Burnley (a), Sheff Wed (a)), and I managed to refrain from booing at any point of any of those games so I'll allow myself to sit on my high horse on this occasion. Ta.

By all means be irritated at the performance and have a good moan with your m8s, but booing? Nah, that's not on. Imho.

Of course you didn't complain one bit, but that doesn't mean that 20,000 other people will always applaud crap like you do.
Sorry winch, but always putting up with rubbish and never complaining isn't necessarily a badge of pride/loyalty. It's a sign that you're a doormat.
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 04 Dec 2013 00:03, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Dec 2013 00:01

Maguire In fairness to Adkins (!), you get games like this every season. Ugly, scrappy stuff where the main thing is to hang on and leave with all three points. And the team did that tonight so we can forget about it now.

McAnuff looked a bit rusty but he still works hard and I prefer him to Obita. Thought Cummings was solid coming into the side although obviously he'll never offer anything going forward.

Overall, some individuals are playing well (Pogrebnyak, Williams, McClearly although hot and cold today) but the side still doesn't look like it really knows how to play together yet IMHO.

Absolutely this.
For those who want to have a go at Adkins, remember that whilst Akpan hasn't been great that was by far and away his worst performance. Williams looked to me like he was shattered and had maybe taken a knock. Then Charlton made a triple sub and changed their shape. There's not much a manager can do when he's got 3 central midfielders injured and the one he has on the bench who's just come on has just about the worst game of his life. Our option was take Akpan off and shift jobi central with drenthe or blackman coming on wide. Not exactly a good option. So it really was just cajole from the line. Cross your fingers and hope Charlton live up to their quality.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 04 Dec 2013 00:02

MmmMonsterMunch
paultheroyal Not the greatest game. Another good start but so frustrating that we can't sustain the good periods of palsy.

From where I sat, I thought Church looked for it & the ref got it spot on. Not seen the replay though...

Surprise, surprise Church felt that he was more likely to get a pen than score on his left foot from a tightish angle.
It was a borderline yellowcard dive, Pearce touched him slightly so he got away with it.
Poor from McCarthy though, if he'd came and collected he would have got there 10 minutes before Church.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 04 Dec 2013 00:05

P!ssed Off
winchester_royal
P!ssed Off It's all well and easy saying "3 points, doesn't matter if we were shit", when listening on the radio.

Of course you didn't complain one bit, but that doesn't mean that 20,000 other people will always applaud crap like you do.
Sorry winch, but always putting up with rubbish and never complaining isn't necessarily a badge of pride/loyalty. It's a sign that you're a doormat.

Normally you're pretty sharp PO but that really is quite poor.

I'm not saying that I'm Mr Loyal, nor that everyone should always clap and cheer regardless of result/performance, but I am saying that I believe booing a substitution is poor form especially when you're fcuking winning and your bench options are massively limited by injuries, and I also think that given this is only the 3rd game of the season that I've missed I am in a reasonable position to pass judgement and don't appreciate the 'armchair fan' implication that you were chucking my way.

174 posts