Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8685 posts
ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

Re: Buyout

by ZacNaloen » 04 Dec 2013 17:40

We can't buy unless we sell, the squad is chock full and huge.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Dec 2013 18:48

ZacNaloen We can't buy unless we sell, the squad is chock full and huge.

Well then we have a problem if we sell and don't buy we'll be thin. If we buy and don't sell we'll be overweight and over-payed. Any suggestions?

sputnik
Hob Nob Regular
Location: HNA? Prediction League Champion 2014-15, 2018-19, 2021-22

by sputnik » 04 Dec 2013 19:07

Anyone not good enough and considered dead weight is not worth keeping for backup so should be got rid of anyway regardless of any incoming transfers.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Dec 2013 19:24

sputnik Anyone not good enough and considered dead weight is not worth keeping for backup so should be got rid of anyway regardless of any incoming transfers.

And what if POG and Guthrie get injured? Promote some u21s instead of having Akpan and Blackman on hand? (wait this is starting to sound like a good idea)

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 05 Dec 2013 17:19

More and imbalance, we've got 3 right-backs and about 6 or 7 wingers. 4 Championship standard goalkeepers not to mention a Scotland U19 on the books.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 05 Dec 2013 17:22

Wimb More and imbalance, we've got 3 right-backs and about 6 or 7 wingers. 4 Championship standard goalkeepers not to mention a Scotland U19 on the books.

Good old Brian McDermott, aye. People are very quick to have a go at Nigel Adkins (and we're in a great position for this stage of the season), but he's inherited this imbalance, and he wasn't supported in the summer as was promised.

Westwood52
Hob Nob Regular

by Westwood52 » 05 Dec 2013 17:43

So far I have heard three different rumours about AZ-I won't rehash what has already been said,as non has been proven - but the fact remains that it is all very worrying as regards the future of the Club.

If we do go t*ts up, then we will fall a very long way

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 05 Dec 2013 19:47

STAR are certainly concerned about what's going on behind the scenes of the club. They've confirmed they're looking into applying to make the Mad Stad an Asset of Community Value to protect it from rogue club owners...

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 05 Dec 2013 21:28

SPARTA
Wimb More and imbalance, we've got 3 right-backs and about 6 or 7 wingers. 4 Championship standard goalkeepers not to mention a Scotland U19 on the books.

Good old Brian McDermott, aye. People are very quick to have a go at Nigel Adkins (and we're in a great position for this stage of the season), but he's inherited this imbalance, and he wasn't supported in the summer as was promised.

More bollox from the Chief Bollox Talker. What's your secret? Never attending school?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 05 Dec 2013 21:29

Man Friday
SPARTA

More bollox from the Chief Bollox Talker. What's your secret? Never attending school?

I follow their Twitter account. :lol:

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 05 Dec 2013 22:20

whoa boy, that's funny.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 06 Dec 2013 09:07

SPARTA

*an imbalance

Does seem like the rebuild was only half completed over the summer. Not that it's Brian or Adkins fault really, you have to find clubs that want to buy players before you can buy too many. Obviously the market for the likes of Federici, Cummings etc wasn't there.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 06 Dec 2013 09:12

SPARTA Good old Brian McDermott, aye. People are very quick to have a go at Nigel Adkins (and we're in a great position for this stage of the season), but he's inherited this imbalance, and he wasn't supported in the summer as was promised.

Adkins allowed Shorey and Harte to go, leaving us with one, aged left back.....who is injured. Then again, it was Nige himself who said "it doesn't matter which side a full back plays on, a full back is a full back". Must be why Ashley Cole and Leighton Baines both feature regularly in the same England starting XI then :roll:

And if 'he wasn't supported in the summer as promised'.....then he should have some principles and resign. That in itself would cheer most of us up anyway :!:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 06 Dec 2013 09:13

Westwood52 So far I have heard three different rumours about AZ-I won't rehash what has already been said,as non has been proven - but the fact remains that it is all very worrying as regards the future of the Club.

Anyone out there still believe that TSI have the best interests of the club at heart :?:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 06 Dec 2013 09:55

floyd__streete
Westwood52 So far I have heard three different rumours about AZ-I won't rehash what has already been said,as non has been proven - but the fact remains that it is all very worrying as regards the future of the Club.

Anyone out there still believe that TSI have the best interests of the club at heart :?:

To be honest none of us have any idea what is going on behind the scenes......

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 06 Dec 2013 10:08

floyd__streete

I dare say that the fact that he's heard 3 different rumours suggests that none of them have that much substance.

I get where you're coming from, but do you really think that baseless speculation on a message board counts as proof that something is very wrong?

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 06 Dec 2013 10:30

Wycombe Royal To be honest none of us have any idea what is going on behind the scenes......

winchester_royal I get where you're coming from, but do you really think that baseless speculation on a message board counts as proof that something is very wrong?

Lots of rumours flying around, this is tinpot old Reading FC we're talking about not Lindsay Lohan, I don't know if we're really worth the effort of people making up spurious rumours, but fair enough.....nothing concrete in them.

Of course TSI could easily come out and make a statement and make the rumour-mongers look a bit silly, but they continue to be conspicuous by their silence. At best, this is naive PR.....

Delboy

by Delboy » 06 Dec 2013 10:59

Fact Anton has been told by his father Boris not to return to the UK and sell his shares. That is why he has not been here since August and he has not purchased Sir Johns 49%. Concern is that if he does not find a purchaser, we may run out of money in January and have to sell players to reduce the wage bill ( RFC run at a loss) this is why no statement from TSI.
Let's hope he finds a buyer and Nigel Adkins ( who needs our backing in difficult circumstances) can keep us in the top six.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 06 Dec 2013 11:16

floyd__streete
Wycombe Royal To be honest none of us have any idea what is going on behind the scenes......

winchester_royal I get where you're coming from, but do you really think that baseless speculation on a message board counts as proof that something is very wrong?

Lots of rumours flying around, this is tinpot old Reading FC we're talking about not Lindsay Lohan, I don't know if we're really worth the effort of people making up spurious rumours, but fair enough.....nothing concrete in them.

Of course TSI could easily come out and make a statement and make the rumour-mongers look a bit silly, but they continue to be conspicuous by their silence. At best, this is naive PR.....

We're not so tinpot anymore, and the only rumours I hear seem to be coming from the mouths of Reading fans. Surely if there was some truth in it the press would have picked up on it by now? Given how happy they are to write about dodgy foreigners owning football clubs.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 06 Dec 2013 11:19

winchester_royal We're not so tinpot anymore, and the only rumours I hear seem to be coming from the mouths of Reading fans. Surely if there was some truth in it the press would have picked up on it by now? Given how happy they are to write about dodgy foreigners owning football clubs.

Indeed.

8685 posts