RUMOUR - McCarthy to Newcastle?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: RUMOUR - McCarthy to Newcastle?

by Ian Royal » 25 Nov 2013 19:20

NewCorkSeth With Tim Kruls impressive performances this season he has been linked with moves away (juve want him to replace Buffon) Newcastle have been linked with our Alex.

Also on their list is Kasper Schmeichel

LOL Alex or Kasper? Well at least we've got Federici

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

Re: McCarthy to Newcastle?

by YateleyRoyal » 26 Nov 2013 08:18

howser It is going to get increasingly difficult to keep hold of McCarthy, not just because of the club financial position, with Zingarevich seemingly done a runner, but with Englands first 2 choices,Hart and Ruddy being pretty accident prone at giving away goals this season, McCarthy has a outstanding opportunity to board the plane to Brazil, so he would need a premiership slot for that, as It would appear that Hodgsen and Co would never consider a player from outside the prem being capable enough to play for the national side.

Can't agree that ruddy is England's number 2 - not sure he'll go ahead of Foster and Forster. And to suggest that McCarthy might make the World Cup squad ahead of Joe Hart is frankly lollable

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Nov 2013 10:28

McCarthy will be off end of season (if we don't go up)

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 26 Nov 2013 18:07

loyalroyal4life McCarthy will be off end of season (when we don't go up)

corrected for you

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 06 Dec 2013 22:38

Saints fans seem to think they're after him and Forster. Some even claiming we'll get Fox (left-back) and Sharp as part of a cash plus player(s) deal...

I don't think he'll be here come February 1st wherever he goes.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Dec 2013 22:46

No real stock loss

We are blessed with good keepers (that position is the least of our worries), maybe Alex will get his England cap, on the back of a move to a nationally revered team (the kind that Talksport witter on about all the time).

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 06 Dec 2013 22:54

AthleticoSpizz No real stock loss

We are blessed with good keepers (that position is the least of our worries), maybe Alex will get his England cap, on the back of a move to a nationally revered team (the kind that Talksport witter on about all the time).

Agreed. I'd sooner lose McCarthy at this level with Feds to come back in, than lose Pog and Blackman come back in... I'd rather not lose him but it's the only position that wont hurt us at this moment in time.

paddy20
Hob Nob Regular

by paddy20 » 07 Dec 2013 10:03

SPARTA

Agreed. I'd sooner lose McCarthy at this level with Feds to come back in, than lose Pog and Blackman come back in... I'd rather not lose him but it's the only position that wont hurt us at this moment in time.

Cant agree there. MacCarthy has made some great saves in recent games. Although Federici is good I think Alex is worth at least half a dozen goals not conceded in a season

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2013 12:14

It'll weaken us with only Taylor as senior backup. Federici has not exactly been in sparkling form over the last year either.

I hope we can hold onto McCarthy, but it's going to be hard.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 07 Dec 2013 12:20

TSI - taking us to the next level.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 07 Dec 2013 13:06

He thanked people on twitter for saying he should go to the World Cup, and said he'd love to but depends what happens in January....sounds to me like he won't be here come February as someone further up said. :cry:

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 07 Dec 2013 13:50

If we have to sell, then he would be the player who could be sold for a decent amount and would not effect the team too much. He is a great Gk, but with Feds in reserve he is a bit of a luxury. Would love to see him stay, but we have to face facts and bigger teams will always be a lure and with the current ownership issues, a decent fee would be too good to turn down. Unfortunately we are back in the position where I doubt any transfer fee would be reinvested into the squad.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 07 Dec 2013 17:27

Good luck to him if he goes

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 07 Dec 2013 20:58

paddy20
SPARTA

Cant agree there. MacCarthy has made some great saves in recent games. Although Federici is good I think Alex is worth at least half a dozen goals not conceded in a season
Dont really want to get into a "who is better" discussion....once again.

Yes Maccy is a the better keeper....but his distribution remains very poor in comparison to....

......Feds whose distribution is by far superior....and he remains a good shot stopper too.

As I say (at this level) the loss of Alex is no real loss

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Dec 2013 14:48

Royal Lady He thanked people on twitter for saying he should go to the World Cup, and said he'd love to but depends what happens in January....sounds to me like he won't be here come February as someone further up said. :cry:

Well lets face it, we all know he's not going to the World Cup if he's still playing for Reading in the Championship. So it does depend on what happens in January.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 09 Dec 2013 11:18

However, I can't think of many teams where he would go in January and walk straight into their team.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 09 Dec 2013 12:09

YateleyRoyal However, I can't think of many teams where he would go in January and walk straight into their team.

Palace along with Pog Kebe and Marriappa

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 09 Dec 2013 12:38

Southampton are sniffing around McCarthy at the moment, can see him pushing Boruc for #1 with their sub keeper, 21-yr old Paulo Gazzaniga, backup.

They're also willing to front up £10m+ for Jordan Rhodes.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 09 Dec 2013 21:53

YateleyRoyal However, I can't think of many teams where he would go in January and walk straight into their team.

Agree - would say he's more likely to go to World Cup staying at Reading than going to a Prem club and being 2nd choice. Look at what happened to a class keeper such as Lloris.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 09 Dec 2013 23:43

Royal Lady He thanked people on twitter for saying he should go to the World Cup, and said he'd love to but depends what happens in January.

Except he didn't say that did he?