8685 posts
multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Buyout

by multisync1830 » 25 Dec 2013 09:55

genome Ladies and Gentlemen our new owner

Re: TSI - The Promises, Policies & Progress Thread

Postby multisync1830 » 24 Sep 2013 17:38

Happy is good. but fyi his mate was 100% correct that ius exactly how it currently stands..

melonhead wrote:
it just sounds like a great business deal

sell a club for millions. wait a bit, get it back for a quid, for bugger all reason.
whoever drew that contract up/signed it wants shooting

plus im just generally a very happy laughy person

Happy is good :D It's a classic loan shark methodology. Sell something to someone who can't really afford it then when he's in 'dire straits' just take it back as a default on the deal unless Anton sends out a 'S.O.S' to rescue the situation ...

dire straits SOS = Sultan Of Swing

as I said the clues were all there

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 25 Dec 2013 12:49

Is it JM selling his stake or is he brokering a deal to sell the whole lot or just Anton's?
All of this is rather contrary to JM's statement a few months ago on the lines that everything is fine.
We really are a multi-cultural club with Polish and Russian interests in the past and now Middle Eastern-what about a few Yanks and Far Easterners to make us a club of the world?
I see a name change to Royal Sultans or something similar and we can outdo Hull and Cardiff in no time in having an identity change.

Oh for the days of "Come on the biscuits".

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 25 Dec 2013 16:21

Victor Meldrew Is it JM selling his stake or is he brokering a deal to sell the whole lot or just Anton's?
All of this is rather contrary to JM's statement a few months ago on the lines that everything is fine.
We really are a multi-cultural club with Polish and Russian interests in the past and now Middle Eastern-what about a few Yanks and Far Easterners to make us a club of the world?
I see a name change to Royal Sultans or something similar and we can outdo Hull and Cardiff in no time in having an identity change.

When did SJM say everything was fine?

I think the phrases were

We have a cordial relationship
I am not unduly concerned at TSI not coming forward with the cash
We will secure new investment soon

None of those imply everything was fine

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 25 Dec 2013 21:17

CholseyRoyal I don't know if it has been stated above but Mick Gooding let it slip today on Radio Berks, that he had had a chat with SJM regarding the share situation a week or so ago and Sir John was certainly NOT happy at all with the non payment for his 49% share holding.

This was stated on 24 November in post match comments. Still seems applicable going by recent events.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Dec 2013 09:43

ZacNaloen FTR forbes has him at 1.1billion this year

He has a 100 million dollar yacht which is a fairly large expenditure if he only has 600 million, my guess is these figures are all over the place because no one really knows.

Said yacht has a helipad, swimming pools and orchestra and spends most of its time moored up in Mutrah

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Dec 2013 10:50

This guy does sound the real deal when compared with 'Phantom' Zingarevich

Where were AZ's helipad, yacht, rollers, etc? Even prudent SJM showed those off!

Ostentatious football club owners >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spoilt kids

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 26 Dec 2013 16:29

Uke
Victor Meldrew Is it JM selling his stake or is he brokering a deal to sell the whole lot or just Anton's?

When did SJM say everything was fine?

I think the phrases were

We have a cordial relationship
I am not unduly concerned at TSI not coming forward with the cash
We will secure new investment soon

None of those imply everything was fine

"not unduly concerned" sounds much like fine to me.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Dec 2013 18:45

To me it reads as "I have another plan"

Everything was OK from an SJM point of view as he was in the process of getting rid of TSI

That does not mean everything was OK in the club itself

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 26 Dec 2013 19:00

Uke To me it reads as "I have another plan"

Everything was OK from an SJM point of view as he was in the process of getting rid of TSI

Make of it as you will-I don't care really if JM is "relaxed" about things but I do care about the future of the club that I ,along with a couple of thousand fans, helped finance when the sheet was taken round Elm Park for we diehards to throw in our money to keep the club in business.
Because of that I resent it when people say that we fans don't have the right to know what is going on at our club as I feel that we did as much as we could to keep the club alive and are stakeholders.

Not a rant at you Uke,(I don't think we are actually arguing about anything) just a general rant after another defeat for our directionless club.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 26 Dec 2013 19:13

You're rewriting history or at the very least putting the cart before the horse
Last edited by multisync1830 on 26 Dec 2013 19:26, edited 1 time in total.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Dec 2013 19:24

multisync1830

You're rewriting history

How, the 'quote' came from August/September, the Oman match was lined up months before.

SJM is confident that TSI were off and that there were some potential buyers interested, he would therefore not be unduly worried that the monies didn't appear

Business speak is full of nuances, and always economical with the truth. But it's never an outright lie.

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 26 Dec 2013 19:28

Uke
multisync1830

You're rewriting history

How, the 'quote' came from August/September, the Oman match was lined up months before.

SJM is confident that TSI were off and that there were some potential buyers interested, he would therefore not be unduly worried that the monies didn't appear

Business speak is full of nuances, and always economical with the truth. But it's never an outright lie.

The TSI buyout was still supposed to go ahead. What TSI did with the club after wasn't SJM's business.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Dec 2013 19:29

Victor Meldrew

Make of it as you will-I don't care really if JM is "relaxed" about things but I do care about the future of the club that I ,along with a couple of thousand fans, helped finance when the sheet was taken round Elm Park for we diehards to throw in our money to keep the club in business.
Because of that I resent it when people say that we fans don't have the right to know what is going on at our club as I feel that we did as much as we could to keep the club alive and are stakeholders.

Not a rant at you Uke,(I don't think we are actually arguing about anything) just a general rant after another defeat for our directionless club.

Agreed Vic, but in those days finances were such that a sheet of money would make a difference! (I started in '84 so missed the darkest hours)

It's clear that there were choppy waters but you wouldn't want the first lieutenant left in charge of the ship to panic the passengers after the captain's jumped ship with the Somali pirates

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Dec 2013 19:32

multisync1830
Uke How, the 'quote' came from August/September, the Oman match was lined up months before.

The TSI buyout was still supposed to go ahead. What TSI did with the club after wasn't SJM's business.

What TSI did with the club while he owned 49% was very much his business. If they ruined it his share would be worthless.

It would have been clear the TSI buyout wasn't going ahead when the Oman match was booked. So that would have been at the end of the last season at the very latest.

Prior to the Oman match, where he had to turn up and press flesh, how many matches did AZ attend this season?

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 26 Dec 2013 19:53

Uke
multisync1830
Uke How, the 'quote' came from August/September, the Oman match was lined up months before.

What TSI did with the club while he owned 49% was very much his business. If they ruined it his share would be worthless.

It would have been clear the TSI buyout wasn't going ahead when the Oman match was booked. So that would have been at the end of the last season at the very latest.

Prior to the Oman match, where he had to turn up and press flesh, how many matches did AZ attend this season?

I am not sure what you know but knowing what I know I disagree with your version.

It seems to me this is a pure case of putting two and two. sadly your maths is incorrect. SJM has been a passenger since he sold the majority share. End of. TSI are driving the sale not him and the interest has been bubbling along for months but as I say the original agreement to sell to TSI was the first agreement and was expected to be kept. Oman expressed interest but that doesn't amount to a hill of beans until the money is transferred. As it stood SJM was expecting a 14m cheque by end of September. I told member here months ago SJM was not happy about the missed deadline and despite all the smooth talk it now seems he has let slip that was the case.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Dec 2013 20:02

A 49% shareholder with 50% of the board and the majority of key staff being 'from his time' is never a passenger! He also remained the club Chairman and so in charge of the board.

Of course he wasn't happy that the cash didn't arrive as planned! but as he could see future investment he was not unduly worried. At no point has he public ally declared he was pissed off, nor should he have.

To use the ship analogy again, if 51% of the engines fail the officer in charge is not going to be unduly worried if a safe harbour is in sight, is he?

It's not all about the shareholding percentages

multisync1830
Hob Nob Regular

by multisync1830 » 26 Dec 2013 20:36

Uke A 49% shareholder with 50% of the board and the majority of key staff being 'from his time' is never a passenger! He also remained the club Chairman and so in charge of the board.

Of course he wasn't happy that the cash didn't arrive as planned! but as he could see future investment he was not unduly worried. At no point has he public ally declared he was pissed off, nor should he have.

To use the ship analogy again, if 51% of the engines fail the officer in charge is not going to be unduly worried if a safe harbour is in sight, is he?

As I say I let this board know exactly back in September of this potential and it appears I have been proven 100% right so far, so forgive me if I believe my version of what has occurred and not yours.

I like and respect SJM totally but he made a mistake selling to TSI because (IMV) he was up against it and needed to sell but once he went through with the first phase he fully trusted them to honour the deal. That they didn't is irrelevant to any potential deal which may happen soon.

You seem to be trying to paint SJM as some great poker player in all this and I truly believe this isn't the case. TSI are driving this Oman because they want out (also if it does fall through they will keep looking till they find someone or return their shares mid next year for a £1

The problem which could have arisen was that if the major shareholder refused to underwrite their share of the debt then the other shareholder would either have to stump up on their behalf or face the company going into liquidation.

To use your analogy if the boat is leaking and half those bailing out jump ship, the rest will sink without trace no matter how hard they try....

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 26 Dec 2013 21:29

multisync1830
Uke A 49% shareholder with 50% of the board and the majority of key staff being 'from his time' is never a passenger! He also remained the club Chairman and so in charge of the board.

As I say I let this board know exactly back in September of this potential and it appears I have been proven 100% right so far, so forgive me if I believe my version of what has occurred and not yours.

I like and respect SJM totally but he made a mistake selling to TSI because (IMV) he was up against it and needed to sell but once he went through with the first phase he fully trusted them to honour the deal. That they didn't is irrelevant to any potential deal which may happen soon.

You seem to be trying to paint SJM as some great poker player in all this and I truly believe this isn't the case. TSI are driving this Oman because they want out (also if it does fall through they will keep looking till they find someone or return their shares mid next year for a £1

The problem which could have arisen was that if the major shareholder refused to underwrite their share of the debt then the other shareholder would either have to stump up on their behalf or face the company going into liquidation.

To use your analogy if the boat is leaking and half those bailing out jump ship, the rest will sink without trace no matter how hard they try....

Which is why they want to get to the port.... If the Oman deal falls through then all those who laughed at Pompey will be eating their words.

In no way is SJM a great poker player, he should never have sold to STI* in the first palace. I never trusted them from the start (see my posts at the time). It was clear from Everton that something wasn't right and I believe that as you say SJM had no choice but to sell. Fortuitously he only sold just over half whether intentionally or not it allowed him influence and to stay as Chairman.

I don't dispute that privately he was livid at being taken in by the conmen and their failure to deliver the promised cash. He would have been informed this around about April/May I would reckon. Publically what else could he say other than "I am not unduly worried". That clearly states something is happening but at the time he was happy all would end well.

If you had a cough, you may be not unduly worried at the moment. It may blow over in a short time. But it doesn't mean it won't become pneumonia and maybe even kill you.

We really don't disagree, both our "versions" match both in terms of timing and narrative. You may have heard more from the man himself.

* one of the few times autocorrect gets to the truth of the matter ;)

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 26 Dec 2013 22:47

Just hoping now for a quick something to happen one way or another so we know where we are once and for all, last thing we want is a long drawn out January with nothing but more rumour and supposition.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 26 Dec 2013 23:08

Barry the bird boggler Just hoping now for a quick something to happen one way or another so we know where we are once and for all, last thing we want is a long drawn out January with nothing but more rumour and supposition.

If only. A typical Reading FC transfer window on the horizon I fear.

8685 posts