The Adkins Sack/Resignation Countdown Thread

361 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: The Adkins Sack/Resignation Countdown Thread

by SPARTA » 27 Dec 2013 12:05

paultheroyal Some of the posts on here are absolutely ridiculous

A manager being sacked just out of the play offs! A manager walking away from his contract? What planet are you lot on! The alternatives are great aren't they!! All hail Phil Bloody Parkinson!

We are in transition and whilst we are there or thereabouts then nothing will change and club will not panic. This is no Brendan Rodgers scenario. Other fans visiting this site or even players for that matter must look on at us in utter bewilderment!

+1

Royal Ginger This is Rodgers all over again. Couple of seasons to change it please. I can make do with crap games and mid-table finishes for a couple of years if the end result is a better style of play and a future to build on.

+1

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Dec 2013 12:23

Fans losing interest in his dire football, owners must act to entice fans back through the turnstiles - get rid of Adkins.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 27 Dec 2013 12:39

Above all else we need the cash from bums on seats. Investment is more likely if the books look good.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 27 Dec 2013 12:56

Cureton's Volley Above all else we need the cash from bums on seats. Investment is more likely if the books look good.

Well our books don't look good, yet investment looks very likely.. Thankfully investors have a long-term view, and not a short-term one like many of our impatient little oiks for fans.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 27 Dec 2013 13:15

LoyalRoyalFan Fans losing interest in his dire football, owners must act to entice fans back through the turnstiles - get rid of Adkins.

Yeah, those gates are falling through the floor :roll:

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Dec 2013 13:20

SPARTA
Cureton's Volley Above all else we need the cash from bums on seats. Investment is more likely if the books look good.

Well our books don't look good, yet investment looks very likely.. Thankfully investors have a long-term view, and not a short-term one like many of our impatient little oiks for fans.

A long term view of falling further down the table?

:lol:

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 27 Dec 2013 13:22

LoyalRoyalFan
SPARTA

A long term view of falling further down the table?

:lol:

What are you wittering on about now? A new owner will have a long-term plan in mind, unlike you who wants everything now.

And as for stay away fans, you do realise we have the highest average attendance for us, in the football league at this stage of the season? You are sounding more and more like a fairweather newbie with every post.
Last edited by SPARTA on 27 Dec 2013 13:25, edited 1 time in total.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Dec 2013 13:25

Why the obsession with money :|

We have one of the best, if not the best ever, squads in our history. What we are lacking is a manager who is capable of getting the best out of it............................Adkins has done ABSOLUTELY F*CK ALL since the day he arrived to suggest that he is the man for the job.

Unless, by some miracle, Bodgekins starts to show signs of being fit to lace his predecessors boots, my seat will remain empty until the day he's gone.

This is my club, they are welcome to my £400 a year but I'm fcuked if I'm going to watch the turgid cr@p this vastly over rated physio deems a superior form of the game.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 27 Dec 2013 13:45, edited 2 times in total.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 27 Dec 2013 13:25

LOLoyaLOL

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 27 Dec 2013 13:27

Royal Ginger This is Rodgers all over again. Couple of seasons to change it please. I can make do with crap games and mid-table finishes for a couple of years if the end result is a better style of play and a future to build on.

Yes and no.

No this isn't Rodgers all over again. Rodgers had zero record, took us into the relegation zone, changed his team around far more than Adkins did and had the audacity to be arrogant and call the season his preseason. Yes he went on to clubs with decent players and did ok with the players he inherited but at the time he was a nobody who basically was clueless with our squad and dragged us into a relegation fight. I didn't agree with his sacking so soon but I wasn't outraged, it was totally reasonable. Adkins on the other has an impeccable record, has us hovering in the playoff zone, seems to have some idea what he's doing and is anything but arrogant or cocky. Like Rodgers he wasn't given the financial backing he was promised but we have every reason to believe he'll do ok with eventual funds, given his record. We can very safely say yes we should stick with him.

Yes though I basically agree with your point but wanted to make it much more obvious. If retrospect we *may* have been ok sticking with Rodgers (although I think he may well have taken us down actually) but we will definitely be ok sticking with Adkins.

Plus To even question Adkins' ability is moronic given we're screwed in terms of ownership so Adkins couldn't /can't strengthen as he wants.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Dec 2013 13:28

SPARTA What are you wittering on about now? A new owner will have a long-term plan in mind, unlike you who wants everything now.

And as for stay away fans, you do realise we have the highest average attendance for us, in the football league at this stage of the season? You are sounding more and more like a fairweather newbie with every post.

Adkins isn't Reading, he doesn't connect with the fans, and he is turning people away with his terrible team selections and boring style of football.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Dec 2013 13:30

Platypuss LOLoyaLOL

Nice to think of you waiting with baited breath for my every post.

Happy new year to you and your long suffering family.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 27 Dec 2013 13:34

Woodcote Royal
Platypuss LOLoyaLOL

It was actually posted in response to LOLoyaLOLRoyals's witterings - but if you feel the cap fits, crack on.

To be honest, if Adkins is managing to drive away "fans" of the ilk of yourself and LOLoyaLOLRoyalLOL then he's doing an even better job than I could have hoped for.

And it's "bated".

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 27 Dec 2013 13:39

Platypuss

To be honest, if Adkins is managing to drive away "fans" of the ilk of yourself and LOLoyaLOLRoyalLOL then he's doing an even better job than I could have hoped for.

Great attitude that.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Dec 2013 13:43

Platypuss
Woodcote Royal
Platypuss LOLoyaLOL

It was actually posted in response to LOLoyaLOLRoyals's witterings - but if you feel the cap fits, crack on.

And it's "bated".

Your the Mod (supposedly :roll: ) and if you can't make it clear to whom your remarks refer :|

Nevertherless, your latter remarks show beyond doubt that my observations were right on the money so..................fcuk you.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 27 Dec 2013 13:46

You're.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Dec 2013 13:50

After 10? years, it would seem you are finally getting to grips with what your job here entails. Well done.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 27 Dec 2013 13:52

Elm Park Kid
Lacoste If he did go who would be the alternative?

Whilst I'm running out of patience a little bit I'm still not sure there is anyone out there any better than what we have. Just wish we could see a little more progress that's all.

I hear that the guy they have a Leeds is good at getting the most out of relatively weak squad . . . . .

Totally. And he's a nice bloke. And he doesn't use sunbeds.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 27 Dec 2013 15:34

Platypuss casually rattLOLing 'em for fun today :lol:

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 27 Dec 2013 16:28

[/quote] I hear that the guy they have a Leeds is good at getting the most out of relatively weak squad . . . . .[/quote]
Totally. And he's a nice bloke. And he doesn't use sunbeds.[/quote]

Is that the same bloke who got Akpan, Blackman and devoloped one of the worst side in Premiership history ???

361 posts