39%

Total votes: 243
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: New Poll - Adkins

by RoyalBlue » 04 Jan 2014 23:17

AthleticoSpizz WTF are you crapping on about now RB?

Nige basically accused Mr Dellor of broadcasting a campaign to get rid of him. Totally unjustified and given recent results...what is Dim Tim meant to do or say?

Congratulate the management and their team on yet another defeat?

The cracks are widening I'm afraid...and despite this, I am in the keep Adkins camp, as is Tim f11cking Dellor.

Are you that effing deaf?!

Dellor spends the majority of every sodding game bitching about everything the coaching team do. On many occasions he has also referred back to McDermott and spent every game after his dismissal last season questionning the timing of his sacking even though anyone with an ounce of intelligence could see the logic behind it. How many times has he bitched about his hero ALF not being given a chance? - Well ALF got his chance again today and once again it would seem he contributed precious little. He certainly didn't turn the team around as Dellor has repeatedly suggested that he would. - If constantly slagging off the management team isn't encouraging a campaign to get rid of Adkins then I don't know what is. For him to turn around and say that he supports him sounded pretty hollow and hypocritical to me. Dellor (and those defending him) are pretty thick if they can't see that.

And if Dellor genuinely believes that Adkins needs more time then perhaps he should try saying that during his commentary.

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 04 Jan 2014 23:20

I never liked him when he was manager of Southampton and always felt a bit embarrased for them when he was there. He seemed smug and self serving to me even then when I had no interest in him as a fan. Now that he's our manager I like him even less. He never has any answers to questions even when posed by the big girls blouse that is Tim Dellor, and like Bodgers a few years ago, he tried to round on Dellor today, seeing him I believe, as a soft target. Tiny Tim stood his ground, but like the infamous Bodgers interview he failed to press home his advantage.

Who knows if he has lost the dressing room? Rhetorical question of course because some people do know - the senior pros at the club and Adkins himself. I don't know but I strongly suspect he either has already or has the beginnings of a revolt on his hands.

So I'm OUT with the Adkins revolution. Maybe, at the third time of asking, Paul Tisdale would agree to be our manager...

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Jan 2014 23:24

Royal Blue...mate, please

Thats just your subjective opinion

You obviously spend far too much time listening to the radio, and not enough time (like Dellor does) at the actual game these days my friend.

I'm thick as f11ck me

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 04 Jan 2014 23:28

Of course Dellor is criticising Adkins, who isn't tbh, apart from a few chumps on here.
Does Dellor sometimes go overboard in his criticism? Yes, oh well.

Who's doing a better job atm: Dellor reporting about a Reading team that's playing like shit, or Adkins managing said team?
Dellor for me.

Personally I'm fine with the majority of Dellor's criticism of Adkins, most of it is deserved imo. It was last season, in regards to going soft on McDermott, where Dellor did not properly do his job.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 04 Jan 2014 23:34

Of the 92 teams in the football league, 4 teams including Reading, occupy 9th place in their respective tables.

32 are higher in the table in their respective leagues.

56 are in worse positions than Reading.

32 teams would have (weather permitting) been knocked out of the FA Cup this weekend, leaving a minimum of 60 football league teams being in the same position as Reading in regards to the FA Cup.

Of the 72 football league clubs, 7 will achieve automatic promotion and 12 will make the play offs. Reading could easily be one of those teams. 53 teams will achieve worse than that (as could Reading but they also might not), and 8 will be relegated. None of those relegated teams are likely to be Reading.

When we next visit the Madjeski or listen to a game on the wireless to an away game, or actually make the trip, Reading may win, lose or draw. Last season we were certainties to lose a majority of games due to financial clout and backing. It was repetitive and tiresome.

Our average gate this season is around the 19,000 mark. Compare this to approximately 5,000 in the early 90's. If we continue to be shit, this could drop to 14,000 or 15,000. Two of those supporters will be me and my little lad, aged 6 (who recently had to endure 'supporters' booing their own players every time the ball was passed sideways or backwards - leaving me with the task of having to explain that as long as you retain possession of the ball, every pass is the right pass so he doesn't grow up as a footballer himself thinking every pass of the ball has to be a moronic lump forward) and we will continue to enjoy watching football win/lose or draw, as it's a competitive league where there's no such thing as a guaranteed result.

However bad the football is, it will NEVER be worse than a day's shopping in the Oracle.

We have one of the best, if not THE best chairman in the football league, taking in to account resources available to him.

We have more flair players in the team than I can EVER remember in 30 years watching Reading (I was drunk for a fair few of those though).

In the last few years we have been linked with, and indeed signed, players that no Reading supporter in their right minds 10 years ago would have thought even remotely possible or plausible.

We are linked constantly with multi billionaire investors.

No one makes us go to football.

It is only a game.

There are people in the world who don't know where their next meal's coming from, let alone Reading's next major transfer deal/3 points/new manager.

Bad form for Reading is ALWAYS usually temporary, even if that form sometimes feels like it lasts forever.

We have a manager with a VERY good CV. Managers don't become bad overnight but they can become brilliant.

In the Championship we are lucky and get 46 games a season rather than 38 in the PL.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Jan 2014 23:41

Dellor has to tow the SJM party line a bit....bearing in mind, SJM is patron saint of our club and Reading 107 radio

There is no Joel Hufford anymore and...

Since that famous BR interview several years ago, things have had to be reigned in a bit.

In a nutshell, I and many others enjoy his commentary.

I have heard nothing from him to suggest that Nigels comments today were justified in any way...although I understand that Nigel must be feeling a bit "set upon" at the moment

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 04 Jan 2014 23:41

P!ssed Off Of course Dellor is criticising Adkins, who isn't tbh, apart from a few chumps on here.

Who's doing a better job atm: Dellor reporting about a Reading team that's playing like shit, or Adkins managing said team?
Dellor for me.

Personally I'm fine with the majority of Dellor's criticism of Adkins, most of it is deserved imo. It was last season, in regards to going soft on McDermott, where Dellor did not properly do his job.

Dellor is all round awful by the way. Regardless of his interviews he is simply not at the races when it comes to commentating on football. He is dull, pronounces players' names incorrectly, whinged about three hour midweek drives to away games and almost talks with an air of facetiousness.

I find him patronising and his opinions are usually irritating.

But thanks for comparing chalk and cheese.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Jan 2014 23:45

^ A f11ckin' gen

Thats just an opinion..yours

Where in the world did our manager come up with his milksop accusation today?

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 05 Jan 2014 00:02

BMac just said their loss to Rochdale was worse than losing the play-off final :lol:

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 05 Jan 2014 00:04

Unbelievable Jeff BMac just said their loss to Rochdale was worse than losing the play-off final :lol:

To be fair, as a professional, losing to worse (supposedly) opposition should be worse than doing brilliantly and reaching a final only to lose to superior opposition.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 05 Jan 2014 00:06

Crazy Jeff

but why here etc etc

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 05 Jan 2014 00:07

AthleticoSpizz Crazy Jeff

but why here etc etc

didn't really want to start a new thread tbh

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Jan 2014 00:11

Super Kevin Bremner! There are people in the world who don't know where their next meal's coming from, let alone Reading's next major transfer deal/3 points/new manager. :? tbh on a Saturday afternoon I'm more interested in Reading fc than world hunger, otherwise I'd be helping out in a soup kitchen.

Bad form for Reading is ALWAYS usually temporary, even if that form sometimes feels like it lasts forever. This has to be one of the most :? sentences I've seen in a long while. I hope the phrase "ALWAYS usually temporary" catches on.

We have a manager with a VERY good CV. Managers don't become bad overnight but they can become brilliant. How can they become brilliant overnight, but not bad overnight?

In the Championship we are lucky and get 46 games a season rather than 38 in the PL.What has this got to do with luck?

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Jan 2014 00:13

Super Kevin Bremner!
P!ssed Off Of course Dellor is criticising Adkins, who isn't tbh, apart from a few chumps on here.

Dellor for me.

Dellor is all round awful by the way. Regardless of his interviews he is simply not at the races when it comes to commentating on football. He is dull, pronounces players' names incorrectly, whinged about three hour midweek drives to away games and almost talks with an air of facetiousness.

I find him patronising and his opinions are usually irritating.

But thanks for comparing chalk and cheese.

:lol: Don't listen to him then.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 05 Jan 2014 00:31

Any other suggestions of where I can listen to the game then?

Didn't think so.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 05 Jan 2014 00:31

Keep.

We were told by a Southampton fan on here last season that it takes a long time for Adkins' style to work and that for quite a while it seemed like the club had taken a massive step backwards and you can't argue too vehemently that that's how it looks at the moment.

However, all the fun and excitement of going to football matches has completely gone and I do often wonder if most of the time I'm just turning up because I've already paid for the ST. I don't buy all this stuff about being let down by the board, a decent manager should be able to make do; hell, wasn't one of the pros of getting Adkins that he wanted to start using the youth players so we didn't have to spend big?

He has had quite possibly the worst luck with injuries we have seen as a football club in quite a long time and hearing him on the radio today, he did sound pretty cut up about losing without any real attempt on goal. None of his usual senseless positive stuff. It's a difficult one: it's hard to be positive and upbeat when we don't seem able to give ourselves half a chance in most of our games. Whatever his tactics are, regardless of what he's accomplished previously, do not seem to be working here.

I think we should give him until the start of next season, and if we're still not getting shots on target, then let's start asking the question.
Last edited by ILoveMoonPig on 05 Jan 2014 00:36, edited 1 time in total.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 05 Jan 2014 00:32

P!ssed Off
Super Kevin Bremner! There are people in the world who don't know where their next meal's coming from, let alone Reading's next major transfer deal/3 points/new manager. :? tbh on a Saturday afternoon I'm more interested in Reading fc than world hunger, otherwise I'd be helping out in a soup kitchen.

Bad form for Reading is ALWAYS usually temporary, even if that form sometimes feels like it lasts forever. This has to be one of the most :? sentences I've seen in a long while. I hope the phrase "ALWAYS usually temporary" catches on.

We have a manager with a VERY good CV. Managers don't become bad overnight but they can become brilliant. How can they become brilliant overnight, but not bad overnight?

In the Championship we are lucky and get 46 games a season rather than 38 in the PL.What has this got to do with luck?

It's called perspective.

Some people don't have the ability to put things in to perspective and need help in doing so.

You're welcome x

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 05 Jan 2014 00:35

Super Kevin Bremner! Any other suggestions of where I can listen to the game then?

Didn't think so.

Can't you listen to the away team's commentary on Reading Player?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 05 Jan 2014 00:35

Anyone who thinks Adkins is fully to blame here is actually very thick.

Clearly the issue is the background problems with ownership, and that is filtering down directly through inadequate investment and indirectly psychologically but I understand some here are either paid/eoncouraged by the club or are naive and stupid enough to defend the owners of the club come what may.

HOWEVER

I am beginning to believe it is equally naive and stupid to knee-jerk against the above by automatically defending the manager just because he isn't the SOLE problem. Clearly a manager has to be able to take hold of things when we're losing non-stop.

For now, Adkins in, but there is only so much we can take.

Adkins, if you have to lose your passing philosophy and play dirty and get us winning then do so just to keep your job FFS. Then IF the funding comes through buy some good players and do what you do best. For now though you're on the verge of losing those of us who have been defending you non-stop.

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 05 Jan 2014 00:41

P!ssed Off
Super Kevin Bremner! Any other suggestions of where I can listen to the game then?

Didn't think so.

Can't you listen to the away team's commentary on Reading Player?

Nope. Shitty old laptop, so restricted to radio. No choice in the matter I'm afraid, hence why I reckon I have every right to feel aggrieved by how crap I think he is.

You have a point though. I tend not to listen as he winds me up so much. But when I do wanna listen I'm stuck with him.
Last edited by Super Kevin Bremner! on 05 Jan 2014 00:41, edited 1 time in total.

178 posts