Other
6%

Total votes: 160
bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: What's to blame?

by bobby1413 » 05 Jan 2014 07:30

I blame Guthrie.

Get him off the team and I think we'd play with more fluidity and creativity.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 05 Jan 2014 07:35

ZacNaloen Until mid february? fucking hell.

Coppell needed three years and we weren't exactly pulling up tree's early in his time with the club.

Adkins needs backing by the owners. Of which we basicallly have none because they all want out.

Agee.

Anyone who wants Adkins out is a total idiot.

Sack him and get who? We still have the same players. Is there some secret formation? All you posting what team you'd play which is pretty similar to the team we do field.

He needs to get to the season end, clear out the team and re build how he wants.

Just cos we were in the premier league and came down doesn't mean we SHOULD be amazing and dominating. No, we are in a NEW LEAGUE and just because it's lower doesn't mean anything. It's still new and different.

marcusopp

by marcusopp » 05 Jan 2014 08:49

bobby1413
ZacNaloen Until mid february? fucking hell.

Coppell needed three years and we weren't exactly pulling up tree's early in his time with the club.

Adkins needs backing by the owners. Of which we basicallly have none because they all want out.

Agee.

Anyone who wants Adkins out is a total idiot.

Sack him and get who? We still have the same players. Is there some secret formation? All you posting what team you'd play which is pretty similar to the team we do field.

He needs to get to the season end, clear out the team and re build how he wants.
Just cos we were in the premier league and came down doesn't mean we SHOULD be amazing and dominating. No, we are in a NEW LEAGUE and just because it's lower doesn't mean anything. It's still new and different.

You've obviously forgotten how McD took us from the bottom three to almost in the playoffs in half a season with the "same group of players".
If Adkins is now saying the players aren't doing what he asked, the he's lost the dressing room.
ADKINS OUT!!!

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 05 Jan 2014 09:56

Simple, Adkins. he selects the team, sets out the formation and tells the players the way he want them to play.

He does not know what formation to play.
He plays players out of position - McCleary is a winger, Obita is a winger use em.
The players first reaction is to look back instead of continuing to move forward, manager tactics!!!
Our midfield is simply not good enough as they don't know what to do being very confused week on week by the manager tactics!!.
Le Fondre should be playing up front

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 Jan 2014 10:37

Once were Biscuitmen Appointing Adkins only made sense if Anton was prepared to back him with funds to change the whole ethos of the club to a more passing style.

Reading between the lines this is what Nigel was promised and the basis on which he accepted the job.

If we wanted someone to get the best out out of an average group of championship players then we should have stuck with Brian.

Quite why Anton has had such a change of heart may never be know but -unlike with BR- we are not in any danger of relegation and there are no better candidates likely to take the job with this level of uncertainty so giving Nigel the rest of the season as a minimum seems like the only logical course of action.

This is also how I see the situation.

()

harry
Hob Nob Regular

by harry » 05 Jan 2014 11:51

Platypuss
Once were Biscuitmen Appointing Adkins only made sense if Anton was prepared to back him with funds to change the whole ethos of the club to a more passing style.

Reading between the lines this is what Nigel was promised and the basis on which he accepted the job.

If we wanted someone to get the best out out of an average group of championship players then we should have stuck with Brian.

Quite why Anton has had such a change of heart may never be know but -unlike with BR- we are not in any danger of relegation and there are no better candidates likely to take the job with this level of uncertainty so giving Nigel the rest of the season as a minimum seems like the only logical course of action.

This is also how I see the situation.

()

Same here

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 05 Jan 2014 12:01

Last edited by Uke on 05 Jan 2014 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Jan 2014 13:08

The Real Sandhurst Royal Simple, Adkins. he selects the team, sets out the formation and tells the players the way he want them to play.

He does not know what formation to play.
He plays players out of position - McCleary is a winger, Obita is a winger use em.
The players first reaction is to look back instead of continuing to move forward, manager tactics!!!
Our midfield is simply not good enough as they don't know what to do being very confused week on week by the manager tactics!!.
Le Fondre should be playing up front

Le Fondre should be playing up front for what reason? He had a full game there yesterday and made not a jot of difference because, like our other strikers, he is going to find it very hard to score when the team aren't creating chances. And when he's not scoring goals ALF has less to offer in his overall game than those who have been starting ahead of him.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

Excuse Excuse Excuse

by floyd__streete » 05 Jan 2014 13:44

Sick of reading lame-@rse excuses for some of the least entertaining and ineffective football we've seen at Reading in years:

"The ownership issue is affecting things" - Yeah I am sure that Danny Williams can't concentrate on whatever horrible music is blasting through his big headphones worrying about who owns 51% of the club. Danny Guthrie has been using less brylcreem on his daft haircut, concerned as he is at stretching the £s in these times of great uncertainty over keeping his job.

"We need to invest in players" - Sorry, this is Reading FC we're talking here not Real Madrid.....small, back-water club. There has never been much money to play with, certainly when we're in this division. And I'm sure the wages of the likes of Drenthe and Bridge have blown a decent chunk of whatever budget there was, so don't tell me there has been no investment whatsoever.

"We've been crippled by injuries" - Yeah I'd have a bit more sympathy with this if we hadn't signed the likes of Drenthe (who is the size of a house), Bridge (poor injury record and getting on a bit), Williams (didn't he spend a large chunk of last season injured?).

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Excuse Excuse Excuse

by Cureton's Volley » 05 Jan 2014 13:48

Nigel's excuses are lame.

A man who is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 05 Jan 2014 14:24

Agree completely on the first two. I remember when we first got Adkins, I was excited by the thought that we would be relying on the youth set up, so we didn't have to spend big. I'm also pretty sure that Southampton didn't have a big transfer budget when he took over there.

Can't agree about the injuries though. Bridge, Karacan, Ledge (though I do wonder how much first team action he would get under Adkins), Moro and then the sale of Kebe and Maps, he has lost a massive chunk of first team footballers.

Something isn't working, I don't think anybody is denying that. I think that as Adkins has many years of experience in football and thus more knowledge of tactics than me and as such, I'm going to assume that if he didn't feel things were starting to change, he wouldn't keep doing the same thing whilst expecting a different result.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 05 Jan 2014 14:50

It's almost as if it is going to take a new manager time to get things working the way he would like.

Who would have known........

semtex1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The sneering condescension of the remain ultras.....

by semtex1871 » 05 Jan 2014 15:59

RoyalBlue
Le Fondre should be playing up front for what reason? He had a full game there yesterday and made not a jot of difference because, like our other strikers, he is going to find it very hard to score when the team aren't creating chances. And when he's not scoring goals ALF has less to offer in his overall game than those who have been starting ahead of him.

+1

Berry

Why Cant We...

by Berry » 05 Jan 2014 19:17

Play like Forest, Watched them demolish Wet Sham earlier on and what sprung to mind was how similar our players are to Forest....The difference being that Forest play to a system that everyone seems to know and enjoy, Guthrie and Reid, Lansbury and Baird, Surely Its not that difficult to have a succesful Midfield partnership as Forest do....Thoughts?

Optimist

Re: Why Cant We...

by Optimist » 05 Jan 2014 19:21

No, it wouldn't be difficult to form a good midfield partnership had Karacan, Baird, Williams and Leigertwood all spent time on the sidelines this season/all season.

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 05 Jan 2014 19:22

Berry Play like Forest, Watched them demolish Wet Sham earlier on and what sprung to mind was how similar our players are to Forest....The difference being that Forest play to a system that everyone seems to know and enjoy, Guthrie and Reid, Lansbury and Baird, Surely Its not that difficult to have a succesful Midfield partnership as Forest do....Thoughts?

Twat

Berry

by Berry » 05 Jan 2014 19:25

Lacoste
Berry Play like Forest, Watched them demolish Wet Sham earlier on and what sprung to mind was how similar our players are to Forest....The difference being that Forest play to a system that everyone seems to know and enjoy, Guthrie and Reid, Lansbury and Baird, Surely Its not that difficult to have a succesful Midfield partnership as Forest do....Thoughts?

Twat

Nice.....Waiting for the abuse...I havent posted since 2005, so I guess I will disappear in a bullied haze ; )

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Jan 2014 19:26

Lacoste

Twat

Yes, you are. But why can't we play like Forest?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 05 Jan 2014 19:31

The team we got 4 points off?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 05 Jan 2014 19:35

MmmMonsterMunch The team we got 3 points and stole another off?