Big name on their way out?

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

Re: Big name on their way out?

by TBM » 10 Jan 2014 10:27

Thing is, i'm not too bothered about McCarthy going - if we get good money for him - Feds has proven he's more than capable of being the best keeper in the league....

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Jan 2014 10:28

I will LOL a little bit if it's ALF, he's not really a "big name" is he?? I'd say Macca or Pog myself. Or maybe it's Jason Roberts....

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 10 Jan 2014 10:29

Royal Lady I will LOL a little bit if it's ALF, he's not really a "big name" is he?? I'd say Macca or Pog myself. Or maybe it's Jason Roberts....

GetReading suggest it may be McCarthy and that Adkins is fighting to keep at least one of him or Federici.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 10 Jan 2014 11:06

SPARTA @jonathanl50
In @getreading 2moro, find out the big #readingfc player who could be on the move and the #lirfc player set for a surprise start on Sat.

What a terrible piece of journalism and shows up how shabby using twitter can be.

The tweet implies a player could be leaving, when in fact what we get is an "interview" from Adkins (though more likely his response to a verbal question along the lines of "Do you fear losing a keeper in the Window?") where he states the obvious.

Have there been any bids for either keeper? No, otherwise there would have been a hint of that in Adkins' response.

So basically, this is a totally speculative puff by a local journo trying to drum up interest in his crappy little local rag. Frankly, he may as well publish some of the speculative threads that crop up on this forum and be done with it.

I'd wager that unless a mid-table or lower Prem team suffer a goalkeeping injury between now and Feb 1st, neither of the 2 keeper's will leave the club this window.

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 10 Jan 2014 11:18

Mr Angry
SPARTA @jonathanl50
In @getreading 2moro, find out the big #readingfc player who could be on the move and the #lirfc player set for a surprise start on Sat.

What a terrible piece of journalism and shows up how shabby using twitter can be.

The tweet implies a player could be leaving, when in fact what we get is an "interview" from Adkins (though more likely his response to a verbal question along the lines of "Do you fear losing a keeper in the Window?") where he states the obvious.

Have there been any bids for either keeper? No, otherwise there would have been a hint of that in Adkins' response.

So basically, this is a totally speculative puff by a local journo trying to drum up interest in his crappy little local rag. Frankly, he may as well publish some of the speculative threads that crop up on this forum and be done with it.I'd wager that unless a mid-table or lower Prem team suffer a goalkeeping injury between now and Feb 1st, neither of the 2 keeper's will leave the club this window.

I thought Johnny Fordham left the evening scrote

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 10 Jan 2014 11:37

It's Number 13 to Leeds.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 10 Jan 2014 13:42

Mr Angry
SPARTA @jonathanl50

So basically, this is a totally speculative puff by a local journo trying to drum up interest in his crappy little local rag. Frankly, he may as well publish some of the speculative threads that crop up on this forum and be done with it.

I'd wager that unless a mid-table or lower Prem team suffer a goalkeeping injury between now and Feb 1st, neither of the 2 keeper's will leave the club this window.
Or you could look at it from a different angle and see a manager who wants to hedge his bets in case the takeover doesn't happen and needs to sell before he can buy. He then realises just about our only asset that will cash in significantly is McCarthy and does an interview saying he expects to receive a bid/bids; in an attempt to drum up interest in the player.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 10 Jan 2014 13:43

Big Foot
Mr Angry
SPARTA @jonathanl50

Or you could look at it from a different angle and see a manager who wants to hedge his bets in case the takeover doesn't happen and needs to sell before he can buy. He then realises just about our only asset that will cash in significantly is McCarthy and does an interview saying he expects to receive a bid/bids; in an attempt to drum up interest in the player.

"There's talk about new ownership which is good because there will be good investment in time but we have to be patient"

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 10 Jan 2014 14:54

Selling McCarthy is probably this alternative money Madejski has intimated should no takeover materialise soon.

soggy biscuit
Hob Nob Addict

by soggy biscuit » 10 Jan 2014 14:58

Goalkeepers traditionally don't go for as much as outfield players. I look forward to meltdown from the 'tards on here when he doesn't go for as much as Championship Manager says he is worth.

Royal Monk

by Royal Monk » 10 Jan 2014 15:15

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Jan 2014 15:44

Terminal Boardom If you were a top flight fan or manager and you had to choose between Feds and McCarthy, who would you go for?

If I wanted my team to play the passing game right from the back, it wouldn't be McCarthy. All the talk about future England keeper is pure fantasy unless and until he learns to kick the ball properly with both feet and significantly improves the speed and accuracy of his distribution.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Jan 2014 15:46

SPARTA
"There's talk about new ownership which is good because there will be good investment in time but we have to be patient"

So Madejski has already forgotten that he assured Dellor, more than once, that there would definitely be funding available during this transfer window?

That's the trouble with old age and/or selective memory.

Once again it's starting to look like the talk will be lacking the walk.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 10 Jan 2014 16:28

RoyalBlue
SPARTA

So Madejski has already forgotten that he assured Dellor, more than once, that there would definitely be funding available during this transfer window?

That's the trouble with old age and/or selective memory.

Once again it's starting to look like the talk will be lacking the walk.

He, SJM, has also forgotten about the infamous BLACK HOLE! How long before that reappears?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Jan 2014 16:35

RoyalBlue
Terminal Boardom If you were a top flight fan or manager and you had to choose between Feds and McCarthy, who would you go for?

If I wanted my team to play the passing game right from the back, it wouldn't be McCarthy. All the talk about future England keeper is pure fantasy unless and until he learns to kick the ball properly with both feet and significantly improves the speed and accuracy of his distribution.

surely all he'd have to do is just roll the ball out....

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 10 Jan 2014 17:08

At least another 2 weeks of absolutely nothing happening at Reading on this front (and very probably transfers as well) to go chaps.

Might as well get some sleep or go on holiday for the duration. It'll certainly beat watching that pathetic shower for a while.

SydenhamRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SydenhamRoyal » 10 Jan 2014 17:10

Barry the bird boggler At least another 2 weeks of absolutely nothing happening at Reading on this front (and very probably transfers as well) to go chaps.

Might as well get some sleep or go on holiday for the duration. It'll certainly beat watching that pathetic shower for a while.

except for the fact that some cnt has gone and bought me a ticket for tomorrow :-(

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2014 17:18

leon
RoyalBlue

Yeah, don't get that at all. You certainly wouldn't want 'rarely throw it' Feds if you want to play that way. There are two reasons to take fed over alex.

1 your game is about quick and long distribution from keeper to the wide channels
2 you can't afford McCarthy.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 10 Jan 2014 19:32

leon
RoyalBlue

...to defenders who might be able to control a ball and pass it unlike those that we sit and watch wearing the famous hoops each game.
BTW what on earth does the goalkeeping coach do with Alex all week?-his distribution has been poor for the time that he has been in the first team and there are no signs of improvement which must be down to the coaching staff who seem to do very little in improving our outfield play as well where most of the players act as if they have never played together before.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 11 Jan 2014 10:58

Agree Victor. He's 24 now so what has Bibbo been doing with him on the kicking front. I also thought how poor Fraser Forster's kicking was when he played for England.