Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8685 posts
Chuckle Brother

Re: Buyout

by Chuckle Brother » 14 Jan 2014 07:23

MmmMonsterMunch
FridaysGhost Dave-Royal is my current favourite Contributor. He speaks more sense and more English than most of the rest of the board AND he knows everything about what is about to happen! I suggest he sorts the 'Syrian Crisis' out and then FINDS OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY Egg-fried- rice!

Can't the pair of you go to Paul Daniels' garden & drown yourselves?

Is that a euphemism ?

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 14 Jan 2014 08:18

Chuckle Brother
MmmMonsterMunch
FridaysGhost Dave-Royal is my current favourite Contributor. He speaks more sense and more English than most of the rest of the board AND he knows everything about what is about to happen! I suggest he sorts the 'Syrian Crisis' out and then FINDS OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY Egg-fried- rice!

Can't the pair of you go to Paul Daniels' garden & drown yourselves?

Is that a euphemism ?

This is Paul Daniels' house.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Jan 2014 08:24

robinsfriday
URZZZZZ Now would be the worst time to announce a takeover, other clubs will think we got loads of money to splash about and inflate the price they want for players we may be interested in

That's a very valid point.

So maybe we've already been taken over but it's just not been announced to keep prices down? :D

under the tin

by under the tin » 14 Jan 2014 08:40

URZZZZZ Now would be the worst time to announce a takeover, other clubs will think we got loads of money to splash about and inflate the price they want for players we may be interested in

By using that logic; post takeover, we'll never bid for any other players, ever. :?

Moves go on behind the scenes all the time. Discreet enquiries are made to other clubs regarding player availability, and what the likely cost of securing them will be.
Hammond and Co. do not come in to work only when there is a transfer window. I would suspect that the initial enquiry about Hobbs was made several weeks ago.

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 14 Jan 2014 08:57

under the tin

By using that logic; post takeover, we'll never bid for any other players, ever. :?

Moves go on behind the scenes all the time. Discreet enquiries are made to other clubs regarding player availability, and what the likely cost of securing them will be.
Hammond and Co. do not come in to work only when there is a transfer window. I would suspect that the initial enquiry about Hobbs was made several weeks ago.

I would also wonder if some sort of vibe had been received off Hobbs himself, even if it's only let me know what's on offer.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 14 Jan 2014 10:37

Something is going to happen this week, or so i am told by a "reliable source"

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 14 Jan 2014 10:38

Elm Park Pasty

by Elm Park Pasty » 14 Jan 2014 10:41

SPARTA

I will not believe this until Dave Royal has confirmed it.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Jan 2014 10:50

TBM Something is going to happen this week, or so i am told by a "reliable source"

TBM you dont no nofinh ok. you not in the no. take over will happen on 17 jan ok.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 14 Jan 2014 11:09

Pepe the Horseman
TBM Something is going to happen this week, or so i am told by a "reliable source"

TBM you dont no nofinh ok. you not in the no. take over will happen on 17 jan ok.

ok dave, the take over will happen this week then, not this week as i said

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 14 Jan 2014 11:29

Personal Life section - http://t.co/QPiA93hWnA

"Qaboos bin Said is rumoured to recently be behind the purchase of former England national team captain John Terry's Surrey mansion. This is being linked by some as a forerunner to a takeover bid of Reading Football Club. The sultan has been a long admirer of the Royals,having been educated in the local area, and apparently used to stand on the Southbank at Elm Park in his younger years.

He has kept tabs on the club over years, with several incognito visits to Elm Park,and was once quoted as saying that Floyd Streete and Jerry Williams were his favourite players.

He plans to re-build Elm Park as part of his takeover bid,if successful, stating that "A crafty pint in the Spread Eagle before kick-off was all part of match-day"

lol

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 14 Jan 2014 11:39

SPARTA Personal Life section - http://t.co/QPiA93hWnA

"Qaboos bin Said is rumoured to recently be behind the purchase of former England national team captain John Terry's Surrey mansion. This is being linked by some as a forerunner to a takeover bid of Reading Football Club. The sultan has been a long admirer of the Royals,having been educated in the local area, and apparently used to stand on the Southbank at Elm Park in his younger years.

He has kept tabs on the club over years, with several incognito visits to Elm Park,and was once quoted as saying that Floyd Streete and Jerry Williams were his favourite players.

He plans to re-build Elm Park as part of his takeover bid,if successful, stating that "A crafty pint in the Spread Eagle before kick-off was all part of match-day"

lol

Great news,now they can demolish those hideous houses down and I can trot down the road at 2-30 and start watching them again,just like the old days :)

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 14 Jan 2014 11:44

How long until the Madejski becomes the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex 2

Also, when you start to put his name into google the third most common search seems to be about his sexuality...

[didn't realise Thomas Hitzlsperger had come out].

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 14 Jan 2014 12:05

SPARTA Personal Life section - http://t.co/QPiA93hWnA

He has kept tabs on the club over years, with several incognito visits to Elm Park,and was once quoted as saying that Floyd Streete was his favourite nobber :shock:

lol

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 14 Jan 2014 12:11

So, has he sold wargrave manor?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 14 Jan 2014 12:25

Dave-Royal What take over, Clark hunt was a lound of rubbish affair just rumours !! and who will take over now ? no one it not going to happen. and no player what to come to a club like reading with no cash we are just a mid table team

Classic.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 14 Jan 2014 12:26

Dave-Royal What take over, Clark hunt was a lound of rubbish affair just rumours !! and who will take over now ? no one it not going to happen. and no player what to come to a club like reading with no cash we are just a mid table team

You can tell by the way this is written its by an Edumaked person, Dave are you a Oxbridge punk?

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 14 Jan 2014 12:28

Before or after the 18th though?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 14 Jan 2014 12:29

westongeezer

You can tell by the way this is written its by an Edumaked person, Dave are you a Oxbridge punk?

*an Oxbridge punk.

westongeezer

by westongeezer » 14 Jan 2014 12:34

Pepe the Horseman
westongeezer

*an Oxbridge punk.

Because I am not Dave :oops:

8685 posts