Back From The Game - Bolton

359 posts
PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back From The Game - Bolton

by PieEater » 19 Jan 2014 11:23

Great result today but I'm left wondering why that performance brought a 7-1 when similar performances we lose or draw. I really didn't think we were that good or Bolton that bad, it was just that we were clinical. At 4-0 I was wondering whether their keeper had made a save at all.

I thought Gorkss, Pog and Williams were good, and Obita solid at left back. The only doubts were Pearce who I still wonder how he earns a living as a footballer, and McCleary who did OK but you think there's a lot more he could do.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 19 Jan 2014 11:32

PieEater Great result today but I'm left wondering why that performance brought a 7-1 when similar performances we lose or draw. I really didn't think we were that good or Bolton that bad, it was just that we were clinical. At 4-0 I was wondering whether their keeper had made a save at all.

I thought Gorkss, Pog and Williams were good, and Obita solid at left back. The only doubts were Pearce who I still wonder how he earns a living as a footballer, and McCleary who did OK but you think there's a lot more he could do.

I thought Gmac was one of the best players out there yesterday. To be honest they all played their part but I thought both wingers were great yesterday. Jobi had some great set piece delivery & a couple of brilliant passes in the 1st half.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 19 Jan 2014 11:38

McClearyChops Does anyone have a link for the NA interview after the game with BBC Berkshire or is it not up yet ?

Does anyone actually go out of their way to listen to him?

Once upon a time we used to all shut up in the car on the way back, so we could listen to the manager interview. Now we've noticed we just carry on talking over Nigel. It's just inane meaningless drivel.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 19 Jan 2014 12:13

John Madejski's Wallet
McClearyChops Does anyone have a link for the NA interview after the game with BBC Berkshire or is it not up yet ?

Once upon a time we used to all shut up in the car on the way back, so we could listen to the manager interview. Now we've noticed we just carry on talking over Nigel. It's just inane meaningless drivel.

:|

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Jan 2014 12:20

John Madejski's Wallet

Have to turn the radio off most of the time he's on. I'm sure winchy-baby and his cronies will be upset by that and I wouldn't want them to make a neutral face at me and say mean things about me but many I have spoken to outside of HNA? who don't even necessarily have the same stance on Adkins as I do have said the same.

Even yesterday, in a 7-1 win, you had one Nigel give us a wave and an attempt by the drummer to start a "Nigel Adkins barmy army" chant that quickly fell flat.
Last edited by sandman on 19 Jan 2014 12:50, edited 3 times in total.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 19 Jan 2014 12:23

If we play well & win I don't give a fcuk what he sounds like & I suspect most fans feel the same.

By all accounts Williams did the interview & not Tim egg on his face Dellor - can anyone confirm this?

McClearyChops

by McClearyChops » 19 Jan 2014 12:31

MmmMonsterMunch If we play well & win I don't give a fcuk what he sounds like & I suspect most fans feel the same.

By all accounts Williams did the interview & not Tim egg on his face Dellor - can anyone confirm this?

That is correct . I found the link . Here it is if anyone wants it . Interview starts at 31:10 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01pk9kx

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 19 Jan 2014 12:35

sandman Even yesterday, in a 7-1 win, you had one Nigel give us a wave and an attempt by the drummer to start a "Nigel Adkins barmy army" chant that quickly fell flat.

I wish I lived in the world of Sandman - clutching despair from the jaws of happiness :lol: A glass half full kinda guy.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 19 Jan 2014 12:38

sandman Even yesterday, in a 7-1 win, you had one Nigel give us a wave and an attempt by the drummer to start a "Nigel Adkins barmy army" chant that quickly fell flat.

There were a few "Nigel Adkins barmy army's" to be fair, but the fans were more interested in having a pop at Millsy, and it made for a top/funny atmosphere.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Jan 2014 12:47

sandman
John Madejski's Wallet

Have to turn the radio off most of the time. I'm sure winchy-baby and his cronies will be upset by that and I wouldn't want them to make a neutral face at me and say mean things about me but many I have spoken to outside of HNA? who don't even necessarily have the same stance on him as I do have said the same.

Even yesterday, in a 7-1 win, you had one Nigel give us a wave and an attempt by the drummer to start a "Nigel Adkins barmy army" chant that quickly fell flat.

F8Ck me. Your dislike of the guy is so intense that you have to make things up, even when things have gone well. :shock:

It's a good job we have a scoreboard because you seem to struggle to count beyond 1!

Just one 'Nigel give us a wave'? You are either deaf or counting clearly is a problem for you. Like wise the Nigel Adkins chant.

P!ssed Off
Pepe the Horseman Think I might've been a bit harsh on Blackman. Looks like there wasn't a deflection.

Looked a slight deflection to me.

If there was, it was only very slight and made no difference. Blackman hit the shot well and it was always going in.
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 19 Jan 2014 12:48, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 19 Jan 2014 12:47

sandman
John Madejski's Wallet

Have to turn the radio off most of the time. I'm sure winchy-baby and his cronies will be upset by that and I wouldn't want them to make a neutral face at me and say mean things about me but many I have spoken to outside of HNA? who don't even necessarily have the same stance on him as I do have said the same.

Just because the way he talks doesn't make you and your cronies swoon that doesn't make what he says mindless drivel.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 19 Jan 2014 12:49

winchester_royal
John Madejski's Wallet

:|

Regardless of performance, can't say I'm interested in a humourless, monotone recounting of the game, with a few trendy buzz words thrown in for good measure.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 19 Jan 2014 12:50

tmesis
royalsteve The BBC are run by a bunch of clueless t**ts - why wasn't the Royals on longer and virtually no commentary afterwards

I used to think the same when I was a kid - wondering why Match of the day would show highlights of three mundane games when there'd been a 4-4 draw the same day. Then someone pointed out that they have to send commentary teams to the matches before they know the score, not after.

That was in the old days. Nowadays they just ring up their contacts in the Far East before the game and then they know exactly which games to go to!

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 19 Jan 2014 12:51

winchester_royal Just because the way he talks doesn't make you and your cronies swoon that doesn't make what he says mindless drivel.

But it is drivel. He almost never says anything of any import. You can play buzzword bingo in his interviews. Its like listening to a politician half the time

Won't stop me liking/disliking him as a manager of our club, he just never says anything worth listening to

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by RoyalBlue » 19 Jan 2014 12:54

royalsteve The BBC are run by a bunch of clueless t**ts - why wasn't the Royals on longer and virtually no commentary afterwards

They couldn't even get their facts straight between Manish, Claridge and their summariser. They said we'd just scored 3 goals in 5 games the summariser said just 2 in 5.

And they clearly only looked at the footage of the goals because they claimed we had only had 7 shots on target, thus ignoring Williams' good run and great shot which was matched by a very good save by their keeper -also worthy of showing.

John Madejski's Wallet
winchester_royal Just because the way he talks doesn't make you and your cronies swoon that doesn't make what he says mindless drivel.

But it is drivel. He almost never says anything of any import. You can play buzzword bingo in his interviews. Its like listening to a politician half the time

Won't stop me liking/disliking him as a manager of our club, he just never says anything worth listening to

So him stating that there were big gaps in the final third which our players failed/were too slow to exploit (not yesterday's game) is just buzzword bingo and not worth hearing? :shock: :roll:
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 19 Jan 2014 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 19 Jan 2014 12:55

John Madejski's Wallet

I disagre completely tbh. He may speak in cliches but behind them there's often some pretty meaningful sentiment behind them.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 19 Jan 2014 12:55

Don't really care about swooning for him would prefer he actually let the interviewers ask him questions and answer honestly rather than talk over people with a long rambling description of the game.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by John Madejski's Wallet » 19 Jan 2014 12:59

People who speak in clichés rarely have anything worth listening to. Else they wouldn't talk in clichés.

Just bored of hearing what seems like the same 5-minute answer week in week out. Interviewer asks a question and Adkins then launches into a recount of the game we've all just watched, without drawing breath. Williams yesterday even tried to crack a joke or two and there was an awkward pause before Adkins was off in cliché land again.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 19 Jan 2014 13:04

Pepe the Horseman Think I might've been a bit harsh on Blackman. Looks like there wasn't a deflection.

There was a massive deflection, hit the defender and looped up over the keeper.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 19 Jan 2014 13:08

John Madejski's Wallet People who speak in clichés rarely have anything worth listening to. Else they wouldn't talk in clichés.

Just bored of hearing what seems like the same 5-minute answer week in week out. Interviewer asks a question and Adkins then launches into a recount of the game we've all just watched, without drawing breath. Williams yesterday even tried to crack a joke or two and there was an awkward pause before Adkins was off in cliché land again.

Can't bear to listen to Adkins, he's a bell.

Game: yeah we played well, they were awful. Couple of absolute gifts among the goals but Reading looked more cohesive than I've seen them in a while. Was impressed by Obita who showed how beneficial it is to have a full-back who can get past his winger and who's playing on the correct side of the pitch.

Pogrebnyak is a total beast.

359 posts