Ipswich (a) match thread. Sponsored by Stephen Hunt's Barber

122 posts
seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

Re: Ipswich (a) match thread. Sponsored by Stephen Hunt's Ba

by seahawk10 » 25 Jan 2014 17:04

Meeeeeuuuuur

Hopefully this is a one off, sounds like we had a few 'can't miss' chances that, well, we missed...

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 25 Jan 2014 17:05

USA_Loyal_Royal to me it sounds like we played well but were a bit unlucky. no need for the mongs to go crazy.

Yup

SPARTA Standard Championship game. Open, end-to-end, good entertainment value. We lost, oh well, still a huge improvement on December. We now look threatening and are creating chances, we just couldn't finish them today. Blackpool on Tuesday will be a decent game!

and yup

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Jan 2014 17:05

Meh, not sure what people were expecting, Ipswich always seem to beat us at Portman Road.

14 shots, 3 on target, 5 off, 6 blocked. We still created, it just didn't happen for us and individual mistakes cost us again. Hardly the end of the world.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 25 Jan 2014 17:08

Ian Royal Meh, not sure what people were expecting, Ipswich always seem to beat us at Portman Road.

14 shots, 3 on target, 5 off, 6 blocked. We still created, it just didn't happen for us and individual mistakes cost us again. Hardly the end of the world.

Whilst i agree with the sentiment we won the last two at Portman road scoring 3 goals in both.

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 25 Jan 2014 17:11

Royal Ginger
Ian Royal Meh, not sure what people were expecting, Ipswich always seem to beat us at Portman Road.

Whilst i agree with the sentiment we won the last two at Portman road scoring 3 goals in both.

:lol:

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 25 Jan 2014 17:11

A result that shows our recent good wins against Watford and Bolton won't herald in a second half of the season run we have become accustomed too. This team need a lot of work and a play off spot would be a good result this year.

Adkins In!

Madejski and the Russian twat Out!

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 25 Jan 2014 17:13

Big Ern A result that shows our recent good wins against Watford and Bolton won't herald in a second half of the season run we have become accustomed too. This team need a lot of work and a play off spot would be a good result this year.

Adkins In!

All that 2nd half form is just bullshit ... you can't live on expectation that that will happen.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Jan 2014 17:14

Hope he does not knee jerk and chop and change too much!! Like to see Akpan out and jobi in with HRK/Drenthe starting on wing

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jan 2014 17:14

Royal Ginger

We won three of our last five there too, stretching back to 2005.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 25 Jan 2014 17:16

Not true. We've won the last two meetings at Portman Road, but I see that's already been covered!
I thought pre-match that games at Ipswich are often a good indication of where we're at, great 3-0 win there in 2005 in the "106" season, great 3-2 comeback win with 2 late goals in 2011 in the last title-winning season, and a 3-1 win in 2011 early in our run to the playoff final. I'm disappointed by the scoreline today, thought we'd get at least a draw, so we're maybe not as close to the Top 6 as I thought we were. The performance isn't really a factor for me, as I didn't watch or listen to the game. If I had done, and especially if i'd have been there when performances mean more to me, then I may well feel differently.
Last edited by KC Royal on 25 Jan 2014 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 25 Jan 2014 17:17

loyalroyal4life Hope he does not knee jerk and chop and change too much!! Like to see Akpan out and jobi in with HRK/Drenthe starting on wing

Agree about the no knee jerk and the removal of Akpan, but from the sound of it McAnuff was excellent again on the left.

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 25 Jan 2014 17:18

Ian Royal wrote: Meh, not sure what people were expecting, Ipswich always seem to beat us at Portman Road.

have you come out of a coma!!!

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 25 Jan 2014 17:20

Get over it peeps, it's the championship.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 25 Jan 2014 17:20

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Ian Royal wrote: Meh, not sure what people were expecting, Ipswich always seem to beat us at Portman Road.

have you come out of a coma!!!

Steady on. He made an honest mistake and has been corrected. The sentiment was right.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 25 Jan 2014 17:22

From the sound of it, sounds like we put in a good shift and this could've gone either way. Penalty turned down, mistake lead to their goal and we pressured well.

Not bad at all. Oddly I'd much rather this than the victories we were having earlier in the season where we could've lost 4-0 but would somehow end up 1-0 winners.

Not too disappointed.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 25 Jan 2014 17:24

2 world wars, 1 world cup From the sound of it, sounds like we put in a good shift and this could've gone either way. Penalty turned down, mistake lead to their goal and we pressured well.

Not bad at all. Oddly I'd much rather this than the victories we were having earlier in the season where we could've lost 4-0 but would somehow end up 1-0 winners.

Not too disappointed.

oxf*rd that, I'd take 1-0 win any day of the week over a loss.

This board sometimes :lol:

EarleyRoyal16

by EarleyRoyal16 » 25 Jan 2014 17:27

Back to normal. Sloppy and lacked a good final ball.

Blackman back to his old self today, dreadful miss and looked all over the place.

Alfie put in a decent shift, put it in on a plate for Pog In the first half but he just misplaced the touch.

Pog surprisingly average, not his usual self, didn't win much and could have had 2 if he just oxf*rd hit it instead of messing about.

Williams MOTM, worked hard, forced their keeper into a few good saves, deserved a goal today.

Fans were shocking, only counted about 15 of us singing most of the time.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 25 Jan 2014 17:30

Poor quality match, poor performance.
Never seen so much hoofball in my life.
McAnuff looked our only player who didn't follow the formula of one touch and smack it 30 yards.
Lacked the effort of Watford away, we were never first to the ball here.
Crossing was okay, but we hardly ever got on the end of the decent ones.
Squandered 2 glorious chances.

Gunter was shocking, crap defending all game, at fault 100% for the first goal.
Obita poor defending for the 2nd.

McAnuff our MotM.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Jan 2014 17:32

Big Ern A result that shows our recent good wins against Watford and Bolton won't herald in a second half of the season run we have become accustomed too. This team need a lot of work and a play off spot would be a good result this year.

Adkins In!

Exactly. I hope that if that utter c*nt Samuelson or anyone else from TSI has the cheek to turn up at the game on Tuesday, the supporters really let them know what they think of them.

And lay off the 'Only One John Madejski' he is almost as much to blame for our current predicament and, on the odd occasion when he does pop his head up above the parapet, continues to give the supporters the mushroom treatment.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 25 Jan 2014 17:33

Royal Ginger

Obviously my disappointing trips there have stayed rather firmly with me.

122 posts