Blackpool home match thread sponsored by Paul Ince sacked

198 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Blackpool home match thread sponsored by Paul Ince sacke

by genome » 28 Jan 2014 23:01

How many assists from McCleary so far this season?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 28 Jan 2014 23:02

I like the way we have a lot of partnerships in every bit of the park all of a sudden, not had that since Coppell.

Also liking the more direct play up to the front

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 28 Jan 2014 23:04

No Fixed Abode 19 points off the top, 11 points off 2nd place (could be 14 points if QPR win game in hand).

Start of the season you wouldn't have been happy with that.

Quite happy with Alfie scoring a hatrick from the bench though.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 28 Jan 2014 23:09

John Madejski's Wallet Strange to say, but I'd have been inclined to give Pog MoMm for last two home games. He's absolutely bossing things and is my POTY so far

He is streets ahead. Only McCarthy comes anywhere near close.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Jan 2014 23:13

Pog, Alfie & GMac all great tonight. Genuinely torn on MOTM but going for GMac.

Jobi is back to his old self & it's great to see. Williams was also very good tonight. Long may it continue.

As for the Blackpool goal - holy fcuk that was incredible! LOL @ our fans singing the goal music to them after he'd scored.

(Still detest the goal music though).

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Jan 2014 23:15

NewCorkSeth Just got off a plane to see this mutha ducking beauty of a result. Alfie showing everyone that Ian Royal was right all along.. Hull should have had a look before blowing their wad

[smugface]

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 28 Jan 2014 23:16

I am happy to say that Blackpool fans Dodd each other

Post: #85RE: Match Day Thread - Reading v Blackpool - 28/01/14
(Today 20:40)seasider Wrote:
Cathcart injured... Let's hope ok because there are no options on the bench.

Dodd

although how shit is that - thankfully caths back on his feet

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 28 Jan 2014 23:19

Dafuq

How did that come about cos it's very much a HNA thing

Lacoste

by Lacoste » 28 Jan 2014 23:22

TBM Dafuq

How did that come about cos it's very much a HNA thing

Fcuck knows. Perhaps the originator stole it from Blackpool?

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 28 Jan 2014 23:26

Ouroboros
No Fixed Abode 19 points off the top, 11 points off 2nd place (could be 14 points if QPR win game in hand).

RattLOLed much? :lol:

Just a reality check tbh. I don't think any Reading fan would have thought you'd be so far off an automatic promotion place points wise.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Jan 2014 23:28

Pre-season predictions are worth less than Chelsea integrity come game 28 Kes.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Jan 2014 23:31

No Fixed Abode
Ouroboros

RattLOLed much? :lol:

Just a reality check tbh. I don't think any Reading fan would have thought you'd be so far off an automatic promotion place points wise.

Quite frankly I don't give a fcuk. Would rather we went up when we had a team with half a chance of staying there. 7th will do me this season thanks. Much prefer being in this division.

Ref was great tonight I thought. That is also a welcome change from all the biased prem refereeing we were on the wrong end of last season.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 28 Jan 2014 23:32

genome How many assists from McCleary so far this season?

14 I believe?

Esteban

by Esteban » 28 Jan 2014 23:34

MmmMonsterMunch Pog, Alfie & GMac all great tonight. Genuinely torn on MOTM but going for GMac.

Jobi is back to his old self & it's great to see. Williams was also very good tonight. Long may it continue.

As for the Blackpool goal - holy fcuk that was incredible! LOL @ our fans singing the goal music to them after he'd scored.

I thought McLeary was good, but no better than Williams, Akpan or McAnuff. Football opinions, eh?!

For me, it was all about the strikers tonight. We defended well enough to nullify a poor Blackpool side and our midfield was effective, but I thought that Pog and Alfie made for an excellent partnership. Apart from a short spell in the second half, they were never more than ten yards apart and dragged the Blackpool defence all over the pitch. Alfie will get MOTM for his hat-trick, but Pog bossed their defenders and his goal was richly deserved.

Pearce was ok, but he looks ill at ease to me. And I find Gunter one of the most infuriating players we've had in recent years. Looks really good, but makes the wrong decision a little too often.

Overall, a good result, but after a 5-1 win I should be buzzing and for reasons I can't identify, I'm not.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 28 Jan 2014 23:35

Esteban
MmmMonsterMunch Pog, Alfie & GMac all great tonight. Genuinely torn on MOTM but going for GMac.

I thought McLeary was good, but no better than Williams, Akpan or McAnuff. Football opinions, eh?!

For me, it was all about the strikers tonight. We defended well enough to nullify a poor Blackpool side and our midfield was effective, but I thought that Pog and Alfie made for an excellent partnership. Apart from a short spell in the second half, they were never more than ten yards apart and dragged the Blackpool defence all over the pitch. Alfie will get MOTM for his hat-trick, but Pog bossed their defenders and his goal was richly deserved.

Pearce was ok, but he looks ill at ease to me. And I find Gunter one of the most infuriating players we've had in recent years. Looks really good, but makes the wrong decision a little too often.

Overall, a good result, but after a 5-1 win I should be buzzing and for reasons I can't identify, I'm not.

McCleary was phenomenal tonight I thought. Probably his best game for us TBH.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 28 Jan 2014 23:54

Thought Gorkss had another excellent game tonight; But to be honest everyone was pretty good - although Gunter had a few dodgy moments.

Esteban

by Esteban » 28 Jan 2014 23:59

MmmMonsterMunch
Esteban

McCleary was phenomenal tonight I thought. Probably his best game for us TBH.

I'll happily revise my assessment of him, two assists proves he played well after all.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 29 Jan 2014 00:06

Esteban I thought McLeary was good, but no better than Williams, Akpan or McAnuff. Football opinions, eh?!

Agree with that. He was lucky for ALF's first. he cut inside and shot, which took a big deflection and ended up on the end of ALF's foot. He'll get the assist in the stats but there was no intent. I actually thought he should have gone outside the full back rather than cut inside. I think he only put in one cross all game as he kept coming inside but he was often the outlet ball as we built with speed. Gunter was getting fed up of going on the overlap and never getting the ball. Good through ball for ALF's third though.

Definitely didn't think Blackpool were the owrst team to visit us this year. At 2-0 I thought they played OK and I could see them scoring. Not as bad as Bolton, Charlton, Birmingham

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Jan 2014 00:15

It's no real surprise that a balanced side with some continuity of players and formation is starting to perform.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 29 Jan 2014 00:19

Ian Royal It's no real surprise that a balanced side with some continuity of players and formation is starting to perform.

+1

198 posts
It is currently 05 Oct 2024 16:19