Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by leon » 01 Feb 2014 21:05

It disgusts me to say this but Leeds fans showing some class today.

An example some on here could learn from.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 01 Feb 2014 21:10

Breaking: Cellino has now sacked Huddersfield manager Mark Robbins

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 01 Feb 2014 21:34

Can we move this to general football now?

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 01 Feb 2014 21:42

Zana Badawi
AirRaidSiren
MmmMonsterMunch Don't mean to be rude but if he stays he's a complete pussy. No manager worth their salt would tolerate that.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he's a pussy, but to come back after that? He'd be foolish to do so.

What I do find strange is that on their fan forums, many were getting frustrated with his managerial abilities, are pissed off with the sacking, then they go to sing his name win 5-1 without him, with a different approach to the game.

There was your plan b, Brian.

I know you two are the board idiots but this is a new level of denseness, even for you.
The difference between walking and sacking is financial. There has also been a very recent, very clear example of this at Cardiff. Did you both miss it?

"The 5-1 without him with a different approach to the game" is just, well, an extraordinary statement to make. Not even of this planet.

As it happens, I've just spent the afternoon with two Leeds United fans and they are annoyed as the club they support have somehow managed to sack McDermott in a worse way than we did. Any reinstatement would just be a stunning cherry on the cake. Yes, they're annoyed and doubtful because they havent seen a win for ages, but they are definitely on Ross McCormack's side here - there's a big difference between getting over upset at a lack of wins and wanting a manager sacked - you know this right? (And yet another LOL at pulling up forums as a source of malcontent or otherwise - you must both know that all forums contain people with extreme views on either side of the spectrum. You could pick up support for any view point from a forum.)

What is going on at Leeds is a disgrace.
1. Its all about stopping Ross McCormack leaving in the transfer window
2. Its about doing this whilst avoiding a payoff to McDermott.

If you dont understand that, or consider that acceptable then Im a bit stunned. But then again youve never 'got' why some Reading fans are annoyed at the McDermott sacking, despite them trying to get you to understand for about a year now. However, the Leeds situation is EVEN CLEARER than our own a year ago.

Obviously your two Leeds fans, who are friends, must have misted over what's happening or what's more important of their club.

I've read your two points, which are the least of their worries. This isn't about one player and what he thinks it who he speaks for, nor who is manager, but full control.

1. The new to be owners were disgruntled with the fans showing their disapproval (yes, they were physically present) of their last few performances
2. They sacked him without realising LEGALLY they cannot sack him until they legally own their stake (75%)
3. The reinstatement is a panic move by the current club owners

I'm only going by what I see/read on the net, not by having a couple of Leeds chums who are nowhere near what's happened the past 24hrs. And don't forget, players should not get involved in club politics.

Oh, and to those who believe the tripe that he wasn't sacked, here's what he said late last night:- "From the bottom of my heart, thanks to each and every Leeds United fan for your support," McDermott told BBC Radio Leeds.

Not sacked? My arse.

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 01 Feb 2014 22:14

AirRaidSiren Obviously your two Leeds fans, who are friends, must have misted over what's happening or what's more important of their club.

I've read your two points, which are the least of their worries. This isn't about one player and what he thinks it who he speaks for, nor who is manager, but full control.

1. The new to be owners were disgruntled with the fans showing their disapproval (yes, they were physically present) of their last few performances
2. They sacked him without realising LEGALLY they cannot sack him until they legally own their stake (75%)

I'm only going by what I see/read on the net, not by having a couple of Leeds chums who are nowhere near what's happened the past 24hrs. And don't forget, players should not get involved in club politics.

Oh, and to those who believe the tripe that he wasn't sacked, here's what he said late last night:- "From the bottom of my heart, thanks to each and every Leeds United fan for your support," McDermott told BBC Radio Leeds.

Not sacked? My arse.

No rebuttal of the point that you made up the bit about "a different approach to the game" then?

Do you really not understand that in saying "They sacked him without realising LEGALLY they cannot sack him" and "Not sacked? My arse." you are contradicting yourself? If they couldn't legally sack him then he wasn't sacked. That he believed himself sacked, as I'm sure he did, is irrelevant.

leicsRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by leicsRoyal » 01 Feb 2014 22:17

Good article which explains much of the goings on.

http://fw.to/y5gtwgh

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 01 Feb 2014 22:30

Leeds sack McDermott
Leeds re-instate McDermott
McDermott's position is untenable
McDermott resigns therefore earning no compensation
Leeds 8)

Here's the conspiracy theory that will prevail from all of this. Bollocks of course because the employment tribunal legal costs would be astronomical and probably end in a payout anyway.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 01 Feb 2014 22:33

Pseud O'Nym
AirRaidSiren Obviously your two Leeds fans, who are friends, must have misted over what's happening or what's more important of their club.

Not sacked? My arse.

No rebuttal of the point that you made up the bit about "a different approach to the game" then?

Do you really not understand that in saying "They sacked him without realising LEGALLY they cannot sack him" and "Not sacked? My arse." you are contradicting yourself? If they couldn't legally sack him then he wasn't sacked. That he believed himself sacked, as I'm sure he did, is irrelevant.

'Not sacked' was sarcasm. Fcuk my old boots, is it that difficult? :roll:

Pseud O'Nym
Hob Nob Regular

by Pseud O'Nym » 01 Feb 2014 22:47

AirRaidSiren
Pseud O'Nym No rebuttal of the point that you made up the bit about "a different approach to the game" then?

Still no rebuttal of the point that you made up the bit about "a different approach to the game" then?

I think your definition of sarcasm must differ profoundly from that found in the OED.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 01 Feb 2014 23:31

Pseud O'Nym
AirRaidSiren
Pseud O'Nym No rebuttal of the point that you made up the bit about "a different approach to the game" then?

Still no rebuttal of the point that you made up the bit about "a different approach to the game" then?

I think your definition of sarcasm must differ profoundly from that found in the OED.

Meaning the only one dimensional football being played at Leeds, as stated on their main fans forum. The different approach to today's game was certainly different, with no manager at the helm.

Whether you took one comment of mine as sarcasm or not is neither here nor there, get over it.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 02 Feb 2014 00:24

how old are you airraidsiren?

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 02 Feb 2014 03:21

why are we talking about another team in our team section? GENERAL FOOTBALL please

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 02 Feb 2014 04:02

leon It disgusts me to say this but Leeds fans showing some class today.

An example some on here could learn from.

You obviously weren't at the SOS Car Park event. That's REAL class.

P.S You are a tedious pcunt.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 02 Feb 2014 08:43

He'll get the sack as soon as the take over goes through. F*ck pride, I'd hold on for that sweet compo which he knows will be coming his way sooner or later.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 02 Feb 2014 09:11

Reading was the optimum club for Brian, known and respected by everyone and coming into the job with little to no expectation. Top bloke and I hope he stays in the game but I don't think he'll be a success at any other club in the top two flights.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 02 Feb 2014 09:59

Schards#2 Reading was the optimum club for Brian, known and respected by everyone and coming into the job with little to no expectation. Top bloke and I hope he stays in the game but I don't think he'll be a success at any other club in the top two flights.

I beg to differ Schards. I think he can at least do the job in the 2nd flight. Leeds are just 8 points out of a play-off spot. A team that invested much less in players than Reading did when he was in charge here and a team with much worse ownership situation now than he had with us. But whether he can be successful in the top flight with the big money and egos is another story but I am not saying he can't in the right circumstances with the right backing that will allow him to do things his way. But one thing he has shown is an ability to get as much out of a group of players as possible, in fact it could be argued more than what can be reasonably expected. If he bides his time I expect/hope another Championship club to give him a shot. I am not a NA hater like some are in the fan base and I am satisfied with the job he is doing but I am also an admirer of BM and what he (has shown he) can do...

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 02 Feb 2014 10:10

Zana Badawi But then again youve never 'got' why some Reading fans are annoyed at the McDermott sacking, despite them trying to get you to understand for about a year now. However, the Leeds situation is EVEN CLEARER than our own a year ago.

Don't put words into my mouth you utter bell. I supported Brian whilst he was here & I've already said it's a disgrace what's going on there if you care to try reading previous posts.

I am not talking about financial compo & yes he should try to get it...I am simply saying he'd be an idiot to stay on if they now decide to offer the olive branch (for whateve reason that might be). It will not end well & he will get the boot again.

Or are you too thick to understand that?

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 02 Feb 2014 10:43

Yeah you supported him while he was here and since he's gone you've constantly ridiculed him and called into question his professional ability.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 02 Feb 2014 10:52

windermere_royal why are we talking about another team in our team section? GENERAL FOOTBALL please

I don't really get why people get so worked up over this. Does it really annoy you that much if a topic of conversation is unrel8ed to the section the thread is in?

If you get genuinely agit8ed over something like that I would suggest a rethink of your life's priorities.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Feb 2014 10:53

blueroyals He'll get the sack as soon as the take over goes through. F*ck pride, I'd hold on for that sweet compo which he knows will be coming his way sooner or later.

No need to go through the misery and indignity of holding on. He can walk out now with head held high and be as certain as anyone ever can be of winning a claim for constructive dismissal. His employers have completely destroyed the relationship of trust that is fundamental any employment relationship.

3714 posts