Brian: The right decision?

3714 posts

Have the club done the right thing to sack Brian today?

Yes
51%
No
40%
Not sure
9%

Total votes: 568
Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brian: The right decision?

by Royalclapper » 03 Feb 2014 14:58

What a sad affair for Leeds fans, the big time chest beating glory hunters.

They get 2 crude hit n' hope gaffers like Wally Warnock and Brian McD in succession :lol:

Might as well give Festa and the Itai mob a go, Leeds might end up being as good as Watford then.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 03 Feb 2014 15:31

Royalclapper What a sad affair for Leeds fans, the big time chest beating glory hunters.

They get 2 crude hit n' hope gaffers like Wally Warnock and Brian McD in succession :lol:

Might as well give Festa and the Itai mob a go, Leeds might end up being as good as Watford then.

that will be the Watford that's beneath Leeds in the table

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 03 Feb 2014 15:33

ROFLoyaLOLcLOLappeROFL.

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 03 Feb 2014 15:49

Interview in full:

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/leeds-united/9148939/mcdermott-refuses-to-resign

What a class act 8)

...Huge praise for SJM, so clearly any grudge (and I doubt one even exists) lies squarely with Anton.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 03 Feb 2014 20:42

Top man. NA's a pygmy in comparison.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Feb 2014 22:01

Always been a thoroughly decent and understated guy who genuinely cares. Definitely in the Steve Coppell nice guys of football mold.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 04 Feb 2014 05:25

leon
Royalclapper What a sad affair for Leeds fans, the big time chest beating glory hunters.

that will be the Watford that's beneath Leeds in the table

That's a wooooooosh there.

Libertine
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Connecticut...aka "The Fifth Ring of Hell" & Prediction League Champion 2015/2016

by Libertine » 04 Feb 2014 06:10

Reports have it Cellino will pass the fit and proper test...as Leeds manager I think Brian is still "dead man walking".

How can someone convicted of fraud twice, and is under investigation for it again, pass the FA's fit and proper test is beyond me. It seems the bar has been set VERY low for that test if Cellino can pass it. :roll:

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 04 Feb 2014 06:32

Libertine Reports have it Cellino will pass the fit and proper test...as Leeds manager I think Brian is still "dead man walking".

How can someone convicted of fraud twice, and is under investigation for it again, pass the FA's fit and proper test is beyond me. It seems the bar has been set VERY low for that test if Cellino can pass it. :roll:

Perhaps it's literally are they alive and an actual person test?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 04 Feb 2014 12:03

Wimb
Libertine Reports have it Cellino will pass the fit and proper test...as Leeds manager I think Brian is still "dead man walking".

It may also be unable consider ongoing investigations. Have a period after-which previous convictions cant be considered or only apply to issues within this country.
The test isnt good enough, but its better than it used to be and maybe it will one day be good enough..

Frankly I won't cry if the next improvement in it is provoked by it allowing cellini through and him then dumping leeds back in the shizzle. Shame for Bri admittedly. But he'll be fine in the end.

MeMeMe

Not the man you thought he was !

by MeMeMe » 04 Feb 2014 12:35

How many fingers does it take to open a door ?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ue-weekend

MeMeMe

by MeMeMe » 04 Feb 2014 12:36

He will never leave... not with that many fingers to open a door with !

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ue-weekend

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 04 Feb 2014 12:38

Remind me of McD and Warnock's respective records in this division :?:

Clue: it is outstandingly good in both cases.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 04 Feb 2014 12:49

David Conn and Nick Harris just confirmed Leeds are losing £2-3m a month... They rent their ground and training facilities, mortgaged season tickets, catering and sponsorship to pay for the east stand redevelopment... Bates gets £1m a year for 4 years... Apparently they need Cellino even though he's as bent as they come, or they go into Admin.. again.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 04 Feb 2014 16:16

Ian Royal
Wimb

It may also be unable consider ongoing investigations. Have a period after-which previous convictions cant be considered or only apply to issues within this country.
The test isnt good enough, but its better than it used to be and maybe it will one day be good enough..

Frankly I won't cry if the next improvement in it is provoked by it allowing cellini through and him then dumping leeds back in the shizzle. Shame for Bri admittedly. But he'll be fine in the end.

Wasn’t quite sure what you were saying here IR, maybe a word or two missing?

I think it was along these lines:

The test disqualifies people from owning or being a director if they have "unspent" criminal convictions for offences of dishonesty, including fraud.

• Cellino was convicted of a fraud offence in 1996, although it was apparently expunged on appeal. So that won’t count.
• In 2001 he was convicted of false accounting and given a 15-month suspended sentence. As this was 13 years ago it is considered "spent" in English law, so this won’t count.
• Last year he was arrested as part of an investigation into whether public money was improperly used to finance building part of Cagliari's stadium. So this won’t count as he hasn’t been convicted of anything, yet

As you say it isn’t great but it doesn’t seem unreasonable and it's in line with natural justice to disallow spent convictions

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 04 Feb 2014 16:39

I am sick and oxf*rd tired of reading about BM. Get the oxf*rd over it.

Don't give a shit about leeds or how he compares to our manager.

Mods please lock this oxf*rd thread

rattled

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 04 Feb 2014 16:47

Or General Football it. Nothing to do with the team.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 04 Feb 2014 16:50

This thread is pretty ghey now. It's just pcuntsetA saying "I told you so" to pcuntsetB when Dermole wins a game or pcuntsetB saying "I told you so" to pcuntsetA when he loses a game.

Who cares? You are all still pcunts.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 04 Feb 2014 16:57

Why haven't you answered my question on the Buyout thread?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 04 Feb 2014 16:59

Pepe the Horseman Why haven't you answered my question on the Buyout thread?

I look at you that way.

3714 posts