Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 199
No Fixed Abode

Re: Gorkss: Red Card-Yes or No?

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Feb 2014 18:09

I was going to say, it seems the FA panel are getting better at their jobs, but then I remembered they let off Yaya Toure the other week for kicking someone in the back.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 18 Feb 2014 18:12

Fair play to those who overturned it, it would have been far easier to stand by the referee in this instance.

SHORT AND CURLY

Re: Red Card-Yes or No?

by SHORT AND CURLY » 18 Feb 2014 18:13

LoyalRoyalFan
windermere_royal
LoyalRoyalFan Gorkss gave the referee the opportunity to send him off. I think it would be best for Adkins to sit Gorkss out of the next game as a result of his stupidity, and give Hector the chance to not something so rash.

you should take a break from this board for the very same reason

:lol:

Anyhow, it's not the first time that Gorkss has cost us (or nearly in this case) points. The quicker Morrison gets back the better.

Did you forget about the winner at Watford?

It may have escaped your attention that for the last 7/8 games we have kept the same settled team and have been rather good.

What has Gorkss exactly done wrong?

Pray tell

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 18 Feb 2014 18:16

windermere_royal
LoyalRoyalFan Gorkss gave the referee the opportunity to send him off. I think it would be best for Adkins to sit Gorkss out of the next game as a result of his stupidity, and give Hector the chance to not something so rash.

Agreed. He doesn't sound very loyal to me...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 18 Feb 2014 18:39

SHORT AND CURLY
Did you forget about the winner at Watford?

It may have escaped your attention that for the last 7/8 games we have kept the same settled team and have been rather good.

What has Gorkss exactly done wrong?

Pray tell

Quite right. The guy has done a fantastic job during this little renaissance we're having, especially in the way he's guided Obita through past few games and covered for him fantastically in the rare(ish) moments he's been caught out.

A little disappointed we're not going to see Hector get a chance, but for the sake of the team this is fantastic news. Being without Gorkss for 4 games would have been a real blow, and today could actually prove to be a defining moment in the season.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 18 Feb 2014 18:44

No Fixed Abode I was going to say, it seems the FA panel are getting better at their jobs, but then I remembered they let off Yaya Toure the other week for kicking someone in the back.

Spot on.

Loyal royal 247

by Loyal royal 247 » 18 Feb 2014 19:06

grey_squirrel It was a yellow.

But no way we will succesffully appeal two reds in consecutive weeks, regardless, so I we'll just (have to) live with it.

Well the appeal did work.

grey_squirrel

by grey_squirrel » 18 Feb 2014 19:30

Loyal royal 247
grey_squirrel It was a yellow.

But no way we will succesffully appeal two reds in consecutive weeks, regardless, so I we'll just (have to) live with it.

Well the appeal did work.

Very very happy to eat humble pie!

But I am amazed nonetheless!

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 18 Feb 2014 19:32

Rangers well informed and knowledgable fans still think it was a red card.....

The same fans who booed Pog for allowing Clint Hard Man Hill to headbutt him in the back of the head. Clueless gimps the lot of em.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 18 Feb 2014 20:39

Has this ever happened before, 2 reds in 2 weeks both being upheld for same club?

total_biscuit

by total_biscuit » 18 Feb 2014 21:11

Is it possible the FA panel thought that a 4 game ban was rather excessive for what was a late-ish, but not malicious, tackle ?

TB

FridaysGhost

by FridaysGhost » 18 Feb 2014 21:21

It's nice to see a team using the system when they have been sinned against by mistake. The problem is:- We could have had two wins, rather than one, and through no fault of ours. Might make the difference between Promotion via the play-offs and being 7th or under.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 18 Feb 2014 22:28

LoyalRoyalFan
Silver Fox ROFLs @ the many on here who got it so badly wrong, despite having the benefit of TV replays, unlike the ref

It's a red card, baffling from the FA to not support the referee.

The only thing I find staggering is that TWICE in a week the FA have had the balls to rescind two typically sh*t refereeing decisions that have become so prevalent since our officials decided that they are the games true stars :|

No one disputed that Pearce conceded a penalty but only those in need of a white stick wouldn't have seen Gorkks presence as AT THE VERY, VERY LEAST casting serious doubt as two whether his fellow centre half was the last man. Yet the arrogant pr*ck in charge of that match couldn't wait to brandish the red that cost us the game and ruined it as a spectacle.

To me, the varying views here on Gorkks dismissal suggest it was a border line call on which Muppett No2 wouldn't have been able to make an honest decision about in such a short space of time.................................but they don't give a toss about the money spent by 20k fans. It's all about them and they are ruining so many games :evil:
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 18 Feb 2014 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 18 Feb 2014 22:31

FridaysGhost It's nice to see a team using the system when they have been sinned against by mistake. The problem is:- We could have had two wins, rather than one, and through no fault of ours. Might make the difference between Promotion via the play-offs and being 7th or under.

Never mind play-offs - on 53 points with Derby & Burnley to come to our place we'd be right in the mix for 2nd......

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Feb 2014 22:37

I'm amazed. I always thought getting a card overturned was almost impossible. And then we get two done in a row, where it's kinda down to refs interpretation of live events that the benefit of slow-mo replays show the decision to be harsh, though understandable given the ref's view.

I can only assume someone at the FA has got wind of our sort of rivalry with West Ham and decided to stick the knife into their failed appeal for Carroll.

I don't think I've ever heard of anything like this before. It was probably helped that the ref was shit most of the game admittedly.

Hector must be gutted. What's he got to do to get a start! Get Pearce to shit in the ref's face?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 18 Feb 2014 22:39

LoyalRoyalFan
windermere_royal

:lol:

Anyhow, it's not the first time that Gorkss has cost us (or nearly in this case) points. The quicker Morrison gets back the better.

Do one you bellend.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Feb 2014 22:39

again (Woodcote)....it gets back to that same old, same old argument

A simple < 1 minute delay whilst the fourth official reviews the video evidence (yes :roll: just like the rugby does) of so many controversial scenarios, would put paid to all of this....and if done correctly, it wouldn't particularly affect the flow of the game anymore than it does already.

Until then, rightly or wrongly, the refs word is final....or at least it is overturned by the FA (by those that DARE challenge them).

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 18 Feb 2014 23:02

Indeed. Anyone with half a brain knows it's coming soon, so the use of reviews should be ushered in ASAP.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 18 Feb 2014 23:07

AthleticoSpizz again (Woodcote)....it gets back to that same old, same old argument

A simple < 1 minute delay whilst the fourth official reviews the video evidence (yes :roll: just like the rugby does) of so many controversial scenarios, would put paid to all of this....and if done correctly, it wouldn't particularly affect the flow of the game anymore than it does already.

Until then, rightly or wrongly, the refs word is final....or at least it is overturned by the FA (by those that DARE challenge them).

^ this.

In fairness to the ref, the initial reaction from the majority of our lot in real-time was that it was a bad tackle, even Adkins thought it was fair. It was only debatable in the replays, which of course the ref doesn't have.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 18 Feb 2014 23:13

I thought it was fine Live

193 posts