Dirty LOLeeds

558 posts
Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

Re: Leeds on Sky

by Kitsondinho » 22 Feb 2014 20:08

No wonder they have no money.....all their fans are watching their games on TV :roll: :wink:
Seriously though it does piss me off that Leeds and QPR are on every bloody week!

The Cube

by The Cube » 22 Feb 2014 22:11

MmmMonsterMunch Every week its the Leeds or QPR show. Getting fcuking tedious but I suppose we ought to be used to it!

Probably best that you don't look at next Saturday's fixtures, then...

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 22 Feb 2014 22:26

The Cube
MmmMonsterMunch Every week its the Leeds or QPR show. Getting fcuking tedious but I suppose we ought to be used to it!

Probably best that you don't look at next Saturday's fixtures, then...

:D Saturday 1 March 12.15 KO
QPR v Leeds LIVE ON SKY SPORTS

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 23 Feb 2014 00:04

ALOL

Unbelievable

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 26 Feb 2014 12:46

As much as everyone loves Brian McDermott, I don't particularly need to see his midtable non-entities at every given moment.

SKY's coverage > ITV's 'big 5' domin8d live coverage of the 80's and early 90's.....but they do make some very questionable match selections :|

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 26 Feb 2014 12:52

@LUFC: FIXTURE CHANGE: Our home game against Nottingham Forest on Easter Monday (April 21) is set to be televised, and will now kick-off at 5.15pm.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Feb 2014 13:05

lol

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 01 Mar 2014 14:15

Don Goodman really hates us. Just named the next few home games Leeds have and explained how they are all really winnable for a team like Leeds!

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 01 Mar 2014 14:27

Kitsondinho Don Goodman really hates us. Just named the next few home games Leeds have and explained how they are all really winnable for a team like Leeds!

I thought he said four of them were.

TBM
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: Prediction League Champion 2009/2010, 2010/2011 & 2013/2014

by TBM » 01 Mar 2014 22:08

Platypuss
Kitsondinho Don Goodman really hates us. Just named the next few home games Leeds have and explained how they are all really winnable for a team like Leeds!

I thought he said four of them were.

He did

Said four were winnable against teams in the lower half of the table

But tbf we can't even beat bottom of the league with 3 man advantage

johnh

McDermott, Hunt and Kebe

by johnh » 13 Mar 2014 16:49

Leeds fan in peace (I have to be as I live in Berkshire :D )

Would appreciate Reading fans views on the following:

McDermott brought Hunt to Leeds from Reading. He played him every week for about a dozen games when it was obvious that he was c*ap. He finally dropped him and we haven't seen much of him since. He then brought Kebe to Leeds. He has played every game up to the Reading game. He played the full 90 minutes every game and the only time he was subbed was in the 96th minute of a 97 minute game. He is even worse than Hunt. I have never seen him move beyond jogging pace. He never takes the full back on or tries to go down the outside (all full backs are faster). His first touch is a joke (he can trap the ball further than I can kick it) He can't head the ball, can't tackle. He jogs everywhere, if he loses the ball when trying to dribble he just stands and watches the defender run off with the ball. When the opposition have possession he is in acres of space, when Leeds have possession he is always tightly marked. For months, the Leeds fans have been imploring McDermott to drop him but McDermott thinks he is brilliant and is always making excuses for him. Is he brilliant? or is he McDermott's love child?
I would be interested in Reading fans' views on these two players, particularly if they are/were good, why did Reading let them go.

Thanks in advance - much appreciated.

Best of luck for the rest of the season.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

Re: McDermott, Hunt and Kebe

by stealthpapes » 13 Mar 2014 16:54

Hunt tried hard, worked well alongside other players, but when we started with him and Le Fondre in the Premiership, Frodo and Samwise would have offered more height and presence in attack. Solid Championship striker with the right support.

I still remember his signing being trumpeted with "RFC to sign International Striker"

Kebe?

Oh jimmy. At his best? Unplayable. At his worst? As described.

Ouroboros
Hob Nob Regular

by Ouroboros » 13 Mar 2014 16:56

We only came for the Kebe.

He is brilliant, though frustrating. He needs to feel comfortable and loved to give his best. Can't imagine why he wouldn't be feeling that at Leeds.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Mar 2014 16:59

Hunt is a grafter who brings out the best in his partner. If he doesn't fit in though he's pretty mediocre. Kebe does what he wants. Or did. Injuries have probably ruined his rubbery chicken legs. He's got pace skill and control by the spade load. He looks like he's never trying but on form he doesn't need to.

basically never bring in an ex-reading player. You aren't big enough now to get the ones too good for us and we only let the rest go when we've milked the quality from them and they're on the downward spiral.

mcdermott is great at what he does but can be a bit limited and I'm not sure he knows how to turn around a team he's lead into trouble.

johnh

by johnh » 13 Mar 2014 17:19

Ouroboros We only came for the Kebe.

He is brilliant, though frustrating. He needs to feel comfortable and loved to give his best. Can't imagine why he wouldn't be feeling that at Leeds.

When McDermott finally subbed him it got the biggest roar of the day from the crowd.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 13 Mar 2014 17:46

We have slightly biased views on Jimmy. The Kebe of 3/4 years ago was on his day as good as any I've seen at this club, and developed quite a cult following on the back of that form. He was lightening quick, had the ability to beat men with ease, and a deceptively cultured right foot. However even then he was woefully inconsistent, and since then he's had no luck with injuries which has seen him lose several yards of pace as a result, and of course he's not getting any younger. We did amazingly well to get any money for him in the summer tbh, he hasn't shown any real level of form for a good 18 months now, and while some put it down to Jimmy not getting on with Adkins, if Brian can't get him playing then I dare say nobody can. The old Jimmy Kebe is long gone, and it's a shame that we now have to see the pale shadow of his former self getting abused every week by the most unforgiving crowd in the country.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 13 Mar 2014 19:06

Hunt - Grafter, but average striker and glad he moved on.
Kebe - Great pace, never looked like he had full control of the ball but when he ran with it he was almost impossible to defend against. Final ball iffy. Had one good game every 7-8 games. He missed the Reading game allegedly because he was out on the piss after the Bolton humiliation in a strip club (his wife will be over the moon).

How are you enjoying McDermott's orbit football?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 13 Mar 2014 19:29

Kebe has always had the heart of a pea, so no real surprise.

johnh

by johnh » 13 Mar 2014 19:47

SPARTA Hunt - Grafter, but average striker and glad he moved on.
Kebe - Great pace, never looked like he had full control of the ball but when he ran with it he was almost impossible to defend against. Final ball iffy. Had one good game every 7-8 games. He missed the Reading game allegedly because he was out on the piss after the Bolton humiliation in a strip club (his wife will be over the moon).

How are you enjoying McDermott's orbit football?

Under Warnock we played 'hoofball'. When McDermott came in he said we were going to start playing football with lots of passing. We played hoofball. Then he brought in two wingers and we still played hoofball. McDermott talks a good game but it never seems to transfer to the pitch.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 13 Mar 2014 19:49

Ok, which one of you is it?
Last edited by sandman on 13 Mar 2014 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

558 posts