Confimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

8685 posts
SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Buyout

by SPARTA » 27 Feb 2014 10:48

Of course, however when TSI signed the same agreement, the club were happy to make the announcement. It generally means a deal has been done in principle. Maybe this time the club want to keep it under wraps until the Football League complete their checks, where as last time we were told once the exclusivity agreement was in place, and then it seemed to drag on for five months before it was confirmed.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Feb 2014 14:18

SPARTA Of course, however when TSI signed the same agreement, the club were happy to make the announcement. It generally means a deal has been done in principle. Maybe this time the club want to keep it under wraps until the Football League complete their checks, where as last time we were told once the exclusivity agreement was in place, and then it seemed to drag on for five months before it was confirmed.

But do you know this as a fact or is it just speculation - of the sort spread by others recently (noelgallagher) .... ?

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 27 Feb 2014 14:29

Royalwaster
SPARTA Of course, however when TSI signed the same agreement, the club were happy to make the announcement. It generally means a deal has been done in principle. Maybe this time the club want to keep it under wraps until the Football League complete their checks, where as last time we were told once the exclusivity agreement was in place, and then it seemed to drag on for five months before it was confirmed.

But do you know this as a fact or is it just speculation - of the sort spread by others recently (noelgallagher) .... ?

The club went public on 20th January 2012 when TSI signed the exclusivity agreement. If we have signed one then you would expect us to make some sort of announcement in the near future, unless as mentioned they want to keep it under wraps until it gets Football League approval.

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 27 Feb 2014 14:52

Occam's razor suggests that they haven't gone public as there is nothing to go public about. This is more likely to be simply internet rumour-mongering. As ever.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 27 Feb 2014 15:35

MouldyRoyal Occam's razor suggests that they haven't gone public as there is nothing to go public about. This is more likely to be simply internet rumour-mongering. As ever.

Maybe, but internet rumour mongering on this would typically include a wild guess at the identity of the new owners. As rumour mongering goes, signing an exclusivity agreement is a bit dry is it not?

It's dryness gives it an air of credibility perhaps?

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 27 Feb 2014 16:50

SPARTA
Royalwaster

The club went public on 20th January 2012 when TSI signed the exclusivity agreement. If we have signed one then you would expect us to make some sort of announcement in the near future, unless as mentioned they want to keep it under wraps until it gets Football League approval.

Where is the evidence that they signed the agreement? You can only say they went 'public' on such an agreement if they'd announced it, but I was not aware of such an announcement .... maybe I've missed something.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 27 Feb 2014 17:46

MouldyRoyal Occam's razor suggests that they haven't gone public as there is nothing to go public about. This is more likely to be simply internet rumour-mongering. As ever.

I believe that it's a rumour that was started off in that bastion of journalistic integrity The Daily Star.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Feb 2014 18:09

sandman

I believe that it's a rumour that was started off in that bastion of journalistic integrity The Daily Star.

I love* all this speculation. It seems if anyone with more than 5 followers on twitter or a newspaper put out anything, it must be true and the club needs to provide more info to flesh out the rumour.

* I of course mean hate.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 27 Feb 2014 18:54

Royalwaster Where is the evidence that they signed the agreement? You can only say they went 'public' on such an agreement if they'd announced it, but I was not aware of such an announcement .... maybe I've missed something.

"I am pleased to announce that I have today entered into an initial agreement with Thames Sports Investment that may lead to an investment in Reading Football Club. [That's an exclusivity agreement]

For the avoidance of doubt, I would like to emphasise that I will continue as Chairman of the club, and the club will continue to operate in the same prudent and business-like manner that it always has.

No further announcements can be made until a binding agreement has been reached."

Chairman Sir John Madejski

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Feb 2014 19:11

Only released that because loads of the details had already got out.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 27 Feb 2014 19:17

Ian Royal Only released that because loads of the details had already got out.

When did they? If you search for the thread on the Team Board (Thames Sports Investment) that statement was the first we heard about it and was largely greeted with surprise.

royalgrumpy

by royalgrumpy » 27 Feb 2014 19:26

SPARTA
Royalwaster Where is the evidence that they signed the agreement? You can only say they went 'public' on such an agreement if they'd announced it, but I was not aware of such an announcement .... maybe I've missed something.

"I am pleased to announce that I have today entered into an initial agreement with Thames Sports Investment that may lead to an investment in Reading Football Club. [That's an exclusivity agreement]

For the avoidance of doubt, I would like to emphasise that I will continue as Chairman of the club, and the club will continue to operate in the same prudent and business-like manner that it always has.

No further announcements can be made until a binding agreement has been reached."

Chairman Sir John Madejski

It was, but as Sir John said then "no further announcements can be made until a binding agreement has been reached", and that may be how he deals with it this time just because he doesn't want to make the same mistake he made with Anton. The Football League will now do their due diligence, and once they're happy, the sale can be completed. Until then there is nothing to get excited about.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 27 Feb 2014 22:13

SPARTA
Ian Royal Only released that because loads of the details had already got out.

When did they? If you search for the thread on the Team Board (Thames Sports Investment) that statement was the first we heard about it and was largely greeted with surprise.

It was in the Daily Mail the night before.

Anyone with access to Newsnow was well aware before the game and Madejskis announcement.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 27 Feb 2014 22:14

May have been The Times actually.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Feb 2014 22:18

That's what I recall.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 27 Feb 2014 22:33

Surely no different to StarSport and their article then, so there's nothing to suggest why we may not hear something from the club soon, unless as mentioned SJM is being extra cautious and wants to wait until the FL have their say.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 27 Feb 2014 22:38

I'm not sure the StarSport is really reliable. And isn't the article several days old now? If there was something concrete going on they know about they'd have released far more by now, or the club would have jumped to get a statement out.

Either there's nothing to say, or there is something to say but no one knows more than the smallest whisper. I'd err on the side that if you know an agreement's been signed you could be expected to know who its with, so the fact there seems to be nothing about that suggests it's speculation.

We'll find something out when there's something for the club to say and they're ready to say it.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 27 Feb 2014 22:52

Ian Royal I'm not sure the StarSport is really reliable.

The article was released this week, and to be fair to them, they were the first ones to say Anton had buggered off and pulled his investment.
There are a few reliable posters here who believe it's reliable. All being very quiet at the moment on the public forum.. One of which can't normally help themselves.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Feb 2014 09:09

Maybe they're keeping quiet because nothing's happening?

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 28 Feb 2014 09:53

I know Star Sports is a tabloid, but I've often seen them say things that turn out to be true when it comes to us.

Not sure if it's because they have kes style scattergun approach to rumours or not as I don't pay that much attention to them.

8685 posts