Brighton (a) - Match Thread, Sponsored but Forster-Caskey

178 posts
brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brighton (a) - Match Thread, Sponsored but Forster-Caske

by brighton_royal » 08 Mar 2014 17:15

USA_Loyal_Royal did hector play well today? i would assume so since brighton only had a couple shots with 0 on target.

Yes. Athletic and assured.

Jake however looked like a panicking child.

USA_Loyal_Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by USA_Loyal_Royal » 08 Mar 2014 17:18

brighton_royal
USA_Loyal_Royal did hector play well today? i would assume so since brighton only had a couple shots with 0 on target.

awesome! we need to get him playing more he could be a great asset for the future. shame about taylor though, adkins really rates him in training. hes 22 i believe so he really needs to start playing more consistently. especially after he has had all that experience at lower levels.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Mar 2014 17:18

bcubed
Royal Ginger 57 shots in the last two games and only 2 goals, one of which was an own goal.

Least we are creating chances

25 off target
19 blocked
13 on target
1 goal

It's crazy compared to a month or so ago, when almost everything was flying in. From what I've seen, we start well and if we get the early goal we relax and often punish teams. But if we don't get that goal we get a little complacent with the good start, allow the other team back in it and then drop a stupid clanger to go behind. From there we have little composure and snatch at everything in desperation to put it right.

And we just can't cope with a team set up to play defensively, denying us the opportunity to break on them.

We'll come good again for at least a few games before the end of the season though. We're by no means particularly bad. Just a little clueless at times.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 08 Mar 2014 17:20

13 shots blocked?

Sounds like we had Brighton camped and couldn't find a way through. Arsenal syndrome.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 08 Mar 2014 17:23

With Fulham in their way down and the playoffs being an ultimately fruitless expense I'm pretty happy with the way the season is unfolding

the taphouse

by the taphouse » 08 Mar 2014 17:25

Royal Ginger
the taphouse Tshibola anyone...Just got splinters on his buttocks Today :!:

He was only ever there to make up the numbers.

Let the Boy go Charging in and cause Havoc :) oxf*rd it.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 08 Mar 2014 17:27

USA_Loyal_Royal
brighton_royal

awesome! we need to get him playing more he could be a great asset for the future. shame about taylor though, adkins really rates him in training. hes 22 i believe so he really needs to start playing more consistently. especially after he has had all that experience at lower levels.

Adkins seems to rate everybody in training, especially Kanu and Blackman neither of whom ever seems to live up to it.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Mar 2014 17:34

Ian Royal
bcubed
Royal Ginger 57 shots in the last two games and only 2 goals, one of which was an own goal.

Least we are creating chances

25 off target
19 blocked
13 on target
1 goal

It's crazy compared to a month or so ago, when almost everything was flying in. From what I've seen, we start well and if we get the early goal we relax and often punish teams. But if we don't get that goal we get a little complacent with the good start, allow the other team back in it and then drop a stupid clanger to go behind. From there we have little composure and snatch at everything in desperation to put it right.

And we just can't cope with a team set up to play defensively, denying us the opportunity to break on them.

We'll come good again for at least a few games before the end of the season though. We're by no means particularly bad. Just a little clueless at times.

Exactly that

And if we could just stop making stupid mistakes...

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 08 Mar 2014 17:34

In the car.

We played some decent stuff the. I was massively disappointed with what we saw last week, but today there were signs of progress apparent again. Not least through the performance of Hector who looked very much at home at this level up against one of the best strikers in the league. He's composed, athletic, and sharp in the tackle. He's also 10x the footballer of the other centre backs. Very promising.

We should have won though. Not enough penetration in the final third meant we couldn't take advantage of some excellent buid up play. Guthrie is back to form, controlling things in the middle, and Drenthe was quite sublime in moments. Fitness still an issue though, NA made the right decision bringing him off so he's for Leeds. They'll love him up there.

Jobi's miss was typical McAnuff. Did well to break through, but absolutely no composure when it mattered. A massive opportunity missed and he knew it.

Happy enough with what was on display though, there's some light at the end of the tunnel again, which is all I really expected from this season.

Oh, and Brighton fans are the biggest bunch of bumtards that I've encountered this season. Reputation is well deserved.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 08 Mar 2014 17:43

Think today showed again what NA is up against - most other teams fighting for play-offs when losing one of their key strikers would have brought in someone on loan ... NA had to make do. Shame we couldn't get the win today as it sounds like we deserved it.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 09 Mar 2014 00:43

Quite.

On the other hand; Thoughout his entire time managing us as this level, McDermott would have lost a limb in order to have been "up against" it in the way poor Nige finds himself.

However, I agree with those who say we should take the positives from these situations.

To go from failing to beat 8 men to failing beat 10 in one short week is progress indeed.

Eat your heart out, Brian.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 09 Mar 2014 04:45

Woodcote Royal Quite.

On the other hand; Thoughout his entire time managing us as this level, McDermott would have lost a limb in order to have been "up against" it in the way poor Nige finds himself.

However, I agree with those who say we should take the positives from these situations.

To go from failing to beat 8 men to failing beat 10 in one short week is progress indeed.

F*ck me, more rewriting of history in order to damn Adkins and make out that Brian had it hard in contrast!

Brian had a fair amount of money to sepnd last season and chose to sign the likes of Akpan and Blackman. Following the Anton/Madejski cockups and unfulfilled commitments of transfer funding, Adkins has largely had to make do with the players that his predecessor signed. Did he even choose to sign Drenthe (hopefullynow coming good) or was he a gift from Anton?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 09 Mar 2014 16:15

RoyalBlue
Woodcote Royal Quite.

F*ck me, more rewriting of history in order to damn Adkins and make out that Brian had it hard in contrast!

As opposed to your version that blames our Chairman for every ill ever to afflict mankind.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Mar 2014 18:49

You're as bad as each other. Although RB has redeeming features.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Mar 2014 01:31

He appears to have a life and is certainly less up himself than you.......................to that extent I agree.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 10 Mar 2014 07:35

Q: You're locked in a room with Woodcote Royal and RoyalBlue. You have a gun loaded with a single bullet. Who do you shoot first?

A: Yourself.

HoneyRoastHoax
Hob Nob Regular

by HoneyRoastHoax » 10 Mar 2014 09:16

Impressed with Hector, looked up for it and happy to pass it around, always willing to take the ball. Even had a good little run in the second half.

Danny Guthrie was spreading the play quite nicely but seemed to run out of ideas when it came to the killer ball.

Alf - strange one, pretty much made no tackles. won no headers, made no passes to speak of. Although the balls to him weren't ideal, we may as well have not have had him on the pitch.

Royston looked to be our biggest threat going forward although I noticed on a couple of occasions he didn't want the overlap ball. He wanted the ball to his standing feet then run at them. Well taken goal though.

Jobi - Hang your head in shame for missing that.

McCarthys distribution was much better although the own goal was laughable.

Akpan tidied up nicely but offered very little going forward.

A reasonable performance against a good side.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 11 Mar 2014 17:04

Platypuss Q: You're locked in a room with Woodcote Royal and RoyalBlue. You have a gun loaded with a single bullet. Who do you shoot first?

A: Yourself.

If only there were a stampede to talk you out of it.................................

178 posts