BFTG Derby (H)

131 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: BFTG Derby (H)

by sandman » 15 Mar 2014 18:31

Also surprised McCleary was rated so highly today. He was anonymous in the first half and like the rest of the team only really picked up after providing the cross that ALF missed at the back post.

It was almost like he didn't want to run at full pelt in fear of aggravating the injury from mid week.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Mar 2014 18:33

Ref wasn't the reason for us failing to get three points today but he was utter crap. I cannot believe he booked Guthrie for a fairly inoccuous foul (not cynical) on the edge of our area when earlier he had let one of their players off with no more than 'a quiet word' after he had cynically taken Drenthe out of the game to prevent him continuing his run forward having created a dangerous looking counter attack down the right. :twisted:

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 15 Mar 2014 18:33

The two sides were similar in their style of play, McClaren and Adkins must have been to the same coaching school.

We could have huffed and puffed for another 90 minutes and still not scored.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 15 Mar 2014 18:35

Awful, awful game after a decent first 5.

Gunter and Drenthe head and shoulders above the rest, excellent performances from both, Obita, Pearce and Gorkks were all solid too. Guthrie made some mistakes, but made some vital interceptions and tackles so a mixed bag from him. Akpan continues to do one piece of brilliance to three horrendous errors. McCleary was very poor again. Alfie has been utter shit for too many weeks now. Oh, and Blackman looked excellent and exciting whilst he was on

The officials were shit again.

Both these sides will struggle hugely if they go up, as would much of this division. I haven't seen many impressive team displays this season.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Mar 2014 18:37

RoyalBlue Ref wasn't the reason for us failing to get three points today but he was utter crap. I cannot believe he booked Guthrie for a fairly inoccuous foul (not cynical) on the edge of our area when earlier he had let one of their players off with no more than 'a quiet word' after he had cynically taken Drenthe out of the game to prevent him continuing his run forward having created a dangerous looking counter attack down the right. :twisted:

Drenthe got pole axed at least 3 times before the ref finally blew up for one. The ref really was quite poor today.

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 15 Mar 2014 18:38

RoyalBlue Ref wasn't the reason for us failing to get three points today but he was utter crap. I cannot believe he booked Guthrie for a fairly inoccuous foul (not cynical) on the edge of our area when earlier he had let one of their players off with no more than 'a quiet word' after he had cynically taken Drenthe out of the game to prevent him continuing his run forward having created a dangerous looking counter attack down the right. :twisted:

He gave a lot their way. Not the big stiff, just seemingly all of the smaller calls and it broke the game up. Derby fans will feel hard done by because of the Obita hand ball that wasn't given.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Mar 2014 18:49

Did I hear correctly? Was Adkins making a point about not getting back till 5am on Wednesday morning?! :shock:

If that is felt to be such a critical factor then why the f*ck didn't they stay for another night in the hotel?! And, if the manic cloth cutter wouldn't permit that, I think our players earn enough to be able to pay for a night themselves. I'm sure today's win bonus (which it sounds like we would have got if the poor darlings hadn't lost their beauty sleep) would have more than compensated for that cost anyway.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 15 Mar 2014 18:59

Mcleary was in one of his 'can't be arsed' moods today, very frustrating

My love affair with Gunter continues unabated. MOM (&POTS) for me

We missed two sitters and they should have a had 2 or 3. Hey ho

...... 0-0 and take off your main attacking threat. For Blackman :|

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Mar 2014 19:05

I'm clearly outnumbered on McCleary tonight :lol:

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 15 Mar 2014 19:08

Shit ref and 2 shit teams

We had 2 or 3 glorious chances to score and failed to score. How did alf miss from 2 yds?

A goal would have broken the stalemate but I guess a point is good given our utterly shit home form.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 15 Mar 2014 19:27

Disappointed. How many times now have come we come away from a home game and felt like that this season? What utter dross today! Some have said we looked a little tired, but Derby were very poor I thought, and we were even worse. We had the better of the chances and couldn't put them away. A point was a fair result but there is no excuse for another lackluster performance at home!

McAnuff and Akpan were very frustrating again today. If it wasn't for injuries then Akpan wouldn't even have a sniff of the bench. His first touch is awful, and he gives the ball away far too easily. McAnuff was as bad as McAnuff is when he has an off day. I know we could be in for a few rough years if we do have to have a clear-out this summer, but I really don't mind swapping some youth for some of these average over-paid under-performers. This has been such a frustrating season, play-offs or not (and I fully expect not), I'm just wishing the season away and am literally dragging myself to home games at the moment.

McCarthy - 7
Obita - 7
Gorkss - 6
Pearce - 6
Gunter - 8
McCleary - 7
Guthrie - 6
Akpan - 4 (it pains me to see him start games)
McAnuff - 5
HRK - 6
Drenthe - 6

Le Fondre - 5
Blackman - 5

Bang average performance from a bang average team.

Home fans: 4/10
Away fans: 6/10

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 15 Mar 2014 19:43

Best game i have seen Gunter play for reading, was MOTM for me.

Yes Mcleary did not have his best game at all but he is the one player (along with drenthe) who can makes things happen, he did set up 3 glorious chances that lacked the finishing which could have quite easily resulted in another 3 assists to his tally!

Derby looked comfortable throughout, passing with no issue across the park, made us look like an away team being pressed! Think they demonstrated what NA probably wants us to play like when he says the passing game!

Finally, is there really no better option than Akpan?

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 15 Mar 2014 19:44

just looked at the BBC website and was a little surprised on the stats 47%:53% on possession (OK can accept that - I think), but Derby had 17 attempts on goal apparently and 4 on target. I can only think of McCarthy making one save all game

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Addict

by Royals and Racers » 15 Mar 2014 19:45

RoyalBlue Did I hear correctly? Was Adkins making a point about not getting back till 5am on Wednesday morning?! :shock:

If that is felt to be such a critical factor then why the f*ck didn't they stay for another night in the hotel?! And, if the manic cloth cutter wouldn't permit that, I think our players earn enough to be able to pay for a night themselves. I'm sure today's win bonus (which it sounds like we would have got if the poor darlings hadn't lost their beauty sleep) would have more than compensated for that cost anyway.

Probably went to a leeds nightclub until 2am-Leeds is only 3 hours away(unless there were roadworks and diversions on the M1.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 15 Mar 2014 19:45

John Madejski's Wallet Mcleary was in one of his 'can't be arsed' moods today, very frustrating

My love affair with Gunter continues unabated. MOM (&POTS) for me

We missed two sitters and they should have a had 2 or 3. Hey ho

...... 0-0 and take off your main attacking threat. For Blackman :|

Can't be arsed moods? Not the McLeary I was watching ... he made mistake sure, but can't be arsed ... didn't look like that to me. It's like when people phone in and say 'we lacked desire' when what I saw was plenty of desire but no skill ...

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 15 Mar 2014 19:46

MmmMonsterMunch As for McAnuff - as a Jobi fan it pains me to say this but I just don't know what has happened to him. He has completely lost his way & his decision making is all over the place. If he continues as he is, I really can't see the club offering him a new deal & I wouldn't blame them TBH.

A horrendous decision to take Drenthe off over McAnuff.
Not only was McAnuff having a below par performance but he was absolutely knackered by that point.

I thought Pearce. Obita and Drenthe were our best players throughout the match.
Gorkss and Akpan performed very well for the last 30 minutes.
Once Drenthe went off I felt that Akpan looked our most influential player in attack.

Guthrie and Alf had absolute stinkers.
Last edited by P!ssed Off on 15 Mar 2014 19:51, edited 1 time in total.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 15 Mar 2014 19:50

Our long shots were also horrendous today.
Every time we thought about it for 5 seconds and then when we finally pulled the trigger and easy block.

Will95
Hob Nob Regular

by Will95 » 15 Mar 2014 19:51

Royals and Racers
RoyalBlue Did I hear correctly? Was Adkins making a point about not getting back till 5am on Wednesday morning?! :shock:

Probably went to a leeds nightclub until 2am-Leeds is only 3 hours away(unless there were roadworks and diversions on the M1.

There were, I wasn't home 'til 5.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 15 Mar 2014 19:52

Ok, the worst thing about having a season ticket, or in fact a ticket at football is the fans.

I sit at the top of Y25, and the rows GG I think, and HH are the worst, on the right side (as you look at the pitch). Today I had the group of 6 youths who looked about 14 (not being sarcastic, they were about this age) jumping around like idiots.

The group nearer the steps were the same, looked early 20s, spread over 2 rows and just shouting idiotic things all the way through. One was obsessed with Jamie Ward, as he continually shouted (very witty) things such as "WARD YOU CUUUUUUNT", "YOU'RE A WANNNNNKER WARD", "HAHA WARD YOU DIIIICK". It was so funny :roll:

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 15 Mar 2014 19:54

First 20 were promising, ruined when HRK came off. If only Pogrebynak had been fit enough to replace him. Last 20 was alright, Le Fondre's miss was terrible though.
McCarthy - 8
Gunter - 8
Pearce - 7
Gorkks - 7
Obita - 6 ran down too many blind alleys
McCleary - 7
Guthrie - 6
Akpan - 4 woeful, consistently the worst player in the team. Needs to be dropped.
McAnuff - 6
Drenthe - 8
HRK - 7

ALF - 4
Blackman - 7

131 posts