Fortress Madejski

by percy_freeman » 15 Mar 2014 20:57

My Arse....

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

Re: Fortress Madejski

by SPARTA » 15 Mar 2014 21:02

Home form definitely cost us this season. If you could just put a few wrongs right you'd easily add 9 points to the board. This is a very mediocre side. No chance of top 6 this season, or next for that matter when the side is stripped in the summer; but if it means youth given a chance then I will quite happily take a few years of rebuilding. Give it a few more weeks and this season will be done and dusted as far as we're concerned.

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 15 Mar 2014 21:39

SPARTA Home form definitely cost us this season. If you could just put a few wrongs right you'd easily add 9 points to the board. This is a very mediocre side. No chance of top 6 this season, or next for that matter when the side is stripped in the summer; but if it means youth given a chance then I will quite happily take a few years of rebuilding. Give it a few more weeks and this season will be done and dusted as far as we're concerned.

:lol:

How can you possibly say this? 1 point off of the play offs with a couple of teams around us with just as bad form.
For all you know we could go and win the next 8 games and be sitting comfortably in the top 6.
There is no way that you can say "no chance of top 6" that is just pathetic

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 15 Mar 2014 21:43

Unbelievable Jeff
SPARTA Home form definitely cost us this season. If you could just put a few wrongs right you'd easily add 9 points to the board. This is a very mediocre side. No chance of top 6 this season, or next for that matter when the side is stripped in the summer; but if it means youth given a chance then I will quite happily take a few years of rebuilding. Give it a few more weeks and this season will be done and dusted as far as we're concerned.

How can you possibly say this? 1 point off of the play offs with a couple of teams around us with just as bad form.
For all you know we could go and win the next 8 games and be sitting comfortably in the top 6.

We are way to inconsistent, that's why. Brighton will surpass us soon enough, and then we'll be hoping they and Forest slip up whilst we somehow find some consistency.. It's not out of the realms of possibility, but it's very very unlikely.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Mar 2014 21:59

Spirit Flair tenacity

ffs...a draw at Brighton, a win at Leeds, a draw v Derby

Just what is your problem?

You've been spoilt

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 15 Mar 2014 22:09

SPARTA We are way to inconsistent, that's why. Brighton will surpass us soon enough.

So you think a team that's done worse than us so far this season has been consistently better?

Or do you think our inconsistency means we'll be consistently poor from now on?

The problem really is that it's a weak division, and we're up there because we have some pretty decent players, but don't look hugely organised. It makes us unpredictable, but we are just as likely (if not more) to pull out enough of a performance to get a win, as we are to have a disappointing game.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 15 Mar 2014 22:11

SPARTA We are way to inconsistent, that's why.

Inconsistent =/= poor

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Mar 2014 22:13

Unbelievable Jeff

Didn't you know SPARTA is itk?
Last edited by sandman on 15 Mar 2014 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular

by SPARTA » 15 Mar 2014 22:14

tmesis
SPARTA We are way to inconsistent, that's why. Brighton will surpass us soon enough.

So you think a team that's done worse than us so far this season has been consistently better.

I see them as a better side than us. And is has nothing to do with being spoilt! Our home form has been terrible and you can't reply on winning away to continue. It would take an unexpected change in form for us to stay above those challenging below us, and to catch and then stay above those above us. I'm just being realistic based on our erratic performances.

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Mar 2014 22:20

Weren't we unbeaten at home until December? And recorded our two biggest victories there the month after that.

Just saying, we've only lost 4 at home. (the same as 2011/12 at this stage)

genome
Hob Nob Legend

by genome » 15 Mar 2014 22:22

Oh and Brighton's home form is marginally better (8-6-4) than ours (7-7-4)

McClearyFuseyChop12

by McClearyFuseyChop12 » 15 Mar 2014 23:57

We just draw to many games that we should be winning... yeovil should of been 3points and if we are serious about play-offs derby at home should go more attacking, but not the worst result

McClearyFuseyChop12

by McClearyFuseyChop12 » 16 Mar 2014 00:21

percy_freeman My Arse....

we are unbeaten at home though? cant complain when we are 2nd in the leauge

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 16 Mar 2014 08:59

Remaining home games

Barnsley
Huddersfield
Leicester
Boro
Burnley

If team come and defend we have struggled at home all season; we need teams to attack us (as Derby did yesterday) to allow us to hit them on the break. Reckon there's at least two more draws in 5 games and a defeat coming

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 16 Mar 2014 09:11

shades of 2009 don't think we won a game at home after the new year but were unbeaten away from home, needed to beat Birmingham at home in our final home game to get promoted. lost 2-1. went into the play offs against Wolves, the rest is history

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Mar 2014 09:29

Wolves won the league and we played Burnley in the play-offs.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 16 Mar 2014 11:28

SPARTA
tmesis

So you think a team that's done worse than us so far this season has been consistently better.

I see them as a better side than us. And is has nothing to do with being spoilt! Our home form has been terrible and you can't reply on winning away to continue.

So our home form will continue but you can't reply (sic) on our away form doing so? How the fvck does that work?

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 16 Mar 2014 22:12

Hardly a fortress right now, even without actually watching the 90 minutes of each game, 3 wins from the last 12 at home (Charlton, Bolton, Blackpool) suggests there is something really lacking. Disconcerting to say the least...

Zana Badawi

by Zana Badawi » 17 Mar 2014 06:27

SPARTA It would take an unexpected change in form for us to stay above those challenging below us.

Eh?
The "expected form" we've shown already this season has kept us above them!

If youre going to conclude that we aint much cop, then neither are Brighton - and I certainly think Brighton are weaker than the last few seasons and I have no idea how Forest have amassed enough points to be sixth, as every time I check out their result, they never seem to win. I read somewhere else that Reading are disorganised group of decent players - thats how I see it. If we could work out a gameplan for our games, we might not only get in the playoffs, but actually be in a chance of winning them. That seems to be a big 'if' at the moment, however.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Mar 2014 11:57

if winning your home games and drawing your away games is championship winning form

i see no reason why winning your away games and drawing your home games isnt...