The summer: I'm looking forward to seeing.....

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The summer: I'm looking forward to seeing.....

by Ian Royal » 13 Apr 2014 23:20

Wasn't it something to do with losing to all our direct competitors and only winning 2 games away?

When was the last time we won 10 away games and didn't at least make the Play Offs?

Mind you, you have a point that 11 home wins in two seasons is depressing. No wonder there's some unrest in the fans about how things are going despite us still being around the Play Offs. I've gone back as far as 97/98 and we won 8 that season.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 13 Apr 2014 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Apr 2014 23:25

Ian Royal Wasn't it something to do with losing to all our direct competitors and only winning 2 games away?

When was the last time we won 10 away games and didn't at least make the Play Offs?

On the 1st point I remember we secured back to back wins v Man City & Boro - Harper got an injury time winner @ Boro & I thought smugly we'd done it. Then it all went tits up & we lost to all the teams around us.

2nd point - no idea.

This has to be the worst season at home for 15 years or so no?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Apr 2014 23:36

MmmMonsterMunch
Ian Royal Wasn't it something to do with losing to all our direct competitors and only winning 2 games away?

On the 1st point I remember we secured back to back wins v Man City & Boro - Harper got an injury time winner @ Boro & I thought smugly we'd done it. Then it all went tits up & we lost to all the teams around us.

2nd point - no idea.

This has to be the worst season at home for 15 years or so no?

No, we only won 4 home games last season.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Apr 2014 23:40

Ian - I am deliberately discounting last year!! :lol:

Prior to that, what was the worst home season?

I admit I didn't put that in the reply but it was in the earlier one.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Apr 2014 23:51

MmmMonsterMunch Ian - I am deliberately discounting last year!! :lol:

Yeah I know you were originally, but you can't say its the worst season for home results in 15 years and discount the one that means it wasn't.

I hope we'll get at least one more home win, which would put it on a par with 07/08 and 97/98.

Bets on getting relegated in 2017/18?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 13 Apr 2014 23:55

Well if any stattos know the last football league season where we had so few home wins I'd like to know.

In answer to your bet - hell no! We'll win the championship that year as we win it every 6 years these days. :wink:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 Apr 2014 00:22

Ian Royal
MmmMonsterMunch Ian - I am deliberately discounting last year!! :lol:

Yeah I know you were originally, but you can't say its the worst season for home results in 15 years and discount the one that means it wasn't.

I hope we'll get at least one more home win, which would put it on a par with 07/08 and 97/98.

Bets on getting relegated in 2017/18?

Arguably winning 3/19 home games when tipped for relegation is better than 7/20* when tipped for the top 2.
*Soon to be 7/23

wins against: Everton, West Brom and Sunderland (all hard fought, restoring a little bit of pride).
vs
wins against: Ipswich (7th*), Leeds (16th), Birmingham (18th), Doncaster (19th), Charlton (21st), Bolton (14th) and Blackpool (20th).
*Positions as of right now

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Apr 2014 00:35

MmmMonsterMunch Well if any stattos know the last football league season where we had so few home wins I'd like to know.

In answer to your bet - hell no! We'll win the championship that year as we win it every 6 years these days. :wink:

PM Strap. I've gone back as far as 95/96.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 14 Apr 2014 04:56

floyd__streete All the high-earning, under-performing, preening, tempramental pr*cks leaving the club.

Goodbye Drenthe, I look forward to you Instagramming pictures of your boots and your homies in your own little clique at whatever club you end up next on your journey from Real Madrid to Ryman League, you fat waster.

Goodbye Guthrie, you have the attitude of Joey Barton and half of the ability, you horrible chav.

Goodbye Pog, you have been good to watch at times but all too often you play with all the commitment of someone with M.E.

Goodbye Gunter, you utter melt.

Goodbye Akpan, not sure how much you earn but it will surely be far more than we can afford for your entirely modest abilities.

Goodbye Adkins, you are about as trustworthy as a double-glazing salesman.

If anyone else wants to go then - almost entirely without exception - that is entirely fine by me.

Spot on.

Apart from maybe Adkins being given the boot. Think he needs more time and deserves a chance to rebuild the squad over the summer.

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 14 Apr 2014 06:17

Ian Royal
MmmMonsterMunch Well if any stattos know the last football league season where we had so few home wins I'd like to know.

PM Strap. I've gone back as far as 95/96.

Statto suggests it was our relegation season back in 1987/88 when we won just five at home.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/re ... ory/modern

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 Apr 2014 09:05

26 years????

Christ on a bike. A 7 minute delay for kick off almost seems fitting now.

#JFTSTH's

Joke!! Before anyone gets all indignant.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Apr 2014 18:13

MmmMonsterMunch 26 years????

#JFTSTH's

Think of me. First season ticket in almost 20 years of going and not only that but I missed Ipswich, Bolton and Blackpool. That's almost as bad as going to a quarter of the games in 05/06 and still managing to be at both league defeats.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 14 Apr 2014 18:38

Ian Royal

#JFTSTH's

Think of me. First season ticket in almost 20 years of going and not only that but I missed Ipswich, Bolton and Blackpool. That's almost as bad as going to a quarter of the games in 05/06 and still managing to be at both league defeats.

I went to all of the first 8 games of 2014
EXCEPT the 7-1. :(

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 Apr 2014 19:11

Ian Royal

#JFTSTH's

Any chance you can stay away next year? :wink:

So basically we've won what 11/12 games at home out of a possible 39 so far over the course of the last 2 seasons then? What a load of crap.

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 14 Apr 2014 19:50

Ian Royal
SCIAG
P!ssed Off
:shock: :shock: :shock:
So the 2 Coppell seasons where we finished 3 points off the playoffs we were Automatic Promotion favourites at the start of the season, were we?
Are you mad?

In 03/04, we'd just signed Shaun Goater, who was highly thought of, following a play off campaign.
In 04/05, we had the excuse of injuries to our front men. With Forster, Goater and Kitson all available (but not for long...), we were strong playoff contenders. I think the relegated teams were thought of more highly than us though.
By 05/06, we were expected to be lower mid table, and weren't even being mentioned as playoff candidates (aside from a few "oh, Leroy Lita" comments).

I never understood why we were so poorly rated in 05/06. I thought we had a great chance of auto promotion and was astonished when 4-4-2 put us on 20-1, on a par with Hull iirc.

I refer the good gentleman to

http://bsad.org/0506/reports/reading/poppo.html

oldebiscuit

by oldebiscuit » 14 Apr 2014 23:17

wally bassoon Better atmosphere at the Oval, lords is a bit stuffy and some of my mid afternoon session antics dont go down as well.

Used to be good at Lords until they put a big hoarding in front of "The Taverners" to stop people enjoying a beer or ten whilst watching the cricket.