BFTG - Clinging on to 6th place

211 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BFTG - Clinging on to 6th place

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 Apr 2014 23:25

Unbelievable Jeff
MmmMonsterMunch Much much better. Some decent passing at times.

Gunter MOTM - like a man possessed tonight.,,although I am slightly torn between him & Hector who was brilliant. Showed so much composure. Sign him up Nigel.

Still think we won't do it but if we get 4 lots of effort & a bit of pride like they showed tonight between now & May 3rd I won't complain too much.

McAnuff poor again. Think his days are numbered here.

:|

Personally, I didn't see any pride or effort tonight that was different from any other game, which is usually nil. Slowing down the play with 10 minutes left, barely getting a shot on goal in the last quarter. I didn't see anything that showed the fight in the boys tonight.

If we could some our season up in one way, it would be one of our throw ins. Everyone just stands there expecting their marker to move away from them so the throw goes long and we lose it, no desire, no passion, no quality

Utter nonsense sorry. That was miles better than what we've seen of late. It's a patched up team with injuries everywhere & they put in a massive shift tonight IMO. I was fuming after Bournemouth but credit where it is due - they were hungry tonight even if the play wasn't particularly special.

St. Brynjar
Hob Nob Regular

by St. Brynjar » 14 Apr 2014 23:28

Surprised to hear all the hate for Bridge on BBCRB, he got skinned a few too many times but his work rate was excellent and he was pretty decent with the ball.

First half we played well. Lots of urgency from the full-backs and wingers. Gunter in particular had a good game. Leicester dominated us in the second without really getting out of second gear. If they weren't already promoted I imagine they'd trounce us.

McAnuff and Morrison were both fairly poor. I'm not sure what Jobi's best role is, he's definitely yet to convince me in the middle. Obita and McCleary are both far more suited to the role.

McCarthy - 7 - Made a good save, didn't really see what happened with their goal so can't comment.
Gunter - 7 - Overlapped well, made a good tackle or two. Still gives it away cheaply on occasion.
Morrison - 5 - Poor. Never seems to do well with the ball, and looks far too complacent.
Pearce - 8 - MOTM. Dominant in the air and commanded the team well. I'm by no means his biggest fan but he put in a great shift tonight.
Bridge - 6 - Mixed evening, poor defensively but supported well.
McAnuff - 5 - Great effort but nothing came off for him tonight.
Williams - 6 - Decent enough.
Hector - 7 - Assured and confident against quality opposition. Didn't look out of his depth at all.
Obita - 7 - See above.
McCleary - 7 - Took a while to get in the game but looked a real threat once he did. Should have scored at the end of the first half.
Pog - 5 - Average. Threw himself to the ground far too easily.

Ledge - 4 - A yard off the pace.
HRK - 4 - Don't see what he adds to the team at all. Get rid in the summer.
Drenthe - N/A

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 14 Apr 2014 23:29

MmmMonsterMunch That tackle Gunter made in the 1st half was immense. He is definitely my POTS. Gutsy performance from him tonight.

you mean he got close enough to an attacker to make a tackle and then didn't bottle it? he was very lucky in the first half when they broke from a corner, bottled the challenge and had Williams to thank for busting his nuts to make a desparate tackle (which could have been easily avoided if Gunter had actually attacked the ball and made the tackle). Just think he's getting worse tbf

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 14 Apr 2014 23:30

RoyalTank
Unbelievable Jeff Anyone who says McAnuff is a good player, leader or whatever is just wrong.

I really do not understand the constant abuse for Jobi - do you fail to see the defensive side that he brings to the team?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yes I fail to see the "defensive" side he brings to the team.

He can't cross, can't dribble, can't shoot, can't pass and just points at other people to do the jobs he should be doing.
If I was able enough to collect the highlights of all of the good things that Jobi has done this season compared to the bad things I think you'd see how sh*t he is

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 14 Apr 2014 23:31

MmmMonsterMunch That tackle Gunter made in the 1st half was immense. He is definitely my POTS. Gutsy performance from him tonight.

Get a room.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 14 Apr 2014 23:34

I've not really watched us much this year, so with only a few games to compare it to, fcuck me that was shit.

The fact players are being described as 'superb' 'excellent' or even 'good' shows how far the bar has obviously dropped.

Highlight was hrk getting absolutely flattened as he was performing his 'trick' of doing a step over while running straight at the defender
Last edited by Simon's Church on 14 Apr 2014 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 14 Apr 2014 23:35

tee peg Tonight was a mixture of playing for the badge and playing for the wage packet. Same all season.
We do not have a team.

I'd love to know who is in which camp. This is going to be good...

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 14 Apr 2014 23:35

Jobi had an absolute shocker tonight, he does sometimes but is usually worth his place.

Thought Hector grew into the game and impressed by him. Pearce had a good game but Morrison still off the pace, should get better.

Bridge looked rusty, not surprisingly, Gunter big effort from him.

Williams stand out player in midfield although very noticeable when he drives forward that there is very rarely an out ball for him, not enough players getting up to support him. Peach of a ball through to McCleary, who should have scored.

Obita played well fitfully it has to be said, McCleary played well in patches, Pog the usual. Ledge shored it up a bit when he came on, would have been useful to have him available for the run in, oh dear.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Apr 2014 23:37

Shows how poor we have been that that is seen as an improvement. If Leicester were still 100% on it and still looking for promotion then we would have been quite comfortably dispatched.

McCarthy - 6

Gunter - 6
Pearce - 7
Morrison - 5
Bridge - 5

McCleary - 5
Hector - 7 MOTM
Obita - 7
Williams - 7
McAnuff - 5

Pog - 5

Couple of little suggestions for the ref.

1. At a corner the ball should be placed within the lines of the quadrant not outside of it.

2. If you are going to pull one team up for a high boot make sure you are consistent and do it for the other.

3. When a player runs up to another and shoves his knee into the players back as De Laet did to Obita it is at least a yellow card.
Last edited by sandman on 14 Apr 2014 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 14 Apr 2014 23:38

Couple of comments about McAnuff

1. He makes mistakes, no doubt. But he's also always involved in the game. He never shirks the ball, tracks back and works hard. Because he is and an around the ball so often, then he makes more mistakes. But if you compare him to an HRK, Drenthe, Blackman, etc he is always in the game and never anonymous, so he catches people's eye. He has good games and poor games - rarely is he average
2. He's out of contract in the summer. Perhaps he's been told he has no future at the club and that is affecting his form?

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 14 Apr 2014 23:40

Left the stadium with a certain amount of faith restored after a committed and passionate performance. Don't normally bother with HNA after poor performances as it's too depressing but looked tonight because I thought at least we'd all had a fairly positive evening. Really surprised therefore to read some fans being so critical. It's true we lost our way and our shape with the injuries to Obita and McCleary and the sending off of Leigertwood but I am viewing that as a point gained. We could well have led at half time and although Leicester looked the more likely to score in the second half I still thing we deserved our point.

Whatever Leicester's motivation they still looked a very decent side and I thought we defended pretty well. Bridge did look off the pace and his distribution was uncharacteristically poor but in general the rest of the defence was good. Hector looked much better today than he did against Huddersfield and he looks a good player in the making and I thought Obita did OK in the middle too. Jobi unfortunately had another of those days where he could do little right and that didn't help later in the game when we were down to ten men and we needed an experience player like him to help retain possession and take some of the heat out of the game.

All in all I feel much more encouraged apart from the increasing number of injuries. I'm not particularly optimistic about the Wigan match but am slightly more hopeful of picking up positive results in the other matches now.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 14 Apr 2014 23:41

sandman
1. At a corner the ball should be placed within the lines of the quadrant not outside of it.

All Leicester's corners were fine. Lines are part of the areas they mark, and the ball must be fully over the line to have left the area.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 14 Apr 2014 23:42

Twice in the first half they took illegal corners and perhaps if the ref had looked over at any point he would have seen that.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 14 Apr 2014 23:43

Four games to go and we are still in 6th!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

#doitforfloyd

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 Apr 2014 23:44

3points Couple of comments about McAnuff

1. He makes mistakes, no doubt. But he's also always involved in the game. He never shirks the ball, tracks back and works hard. Because he is and an around the ball so often, then he makes more mistakes. But if you compare him to an HRK, Drenthe, Blackman, etc he is always in the game and never anonymous, so he catches people's eye. He has good games and poor games - rarely is he average
2. He's out of contract in the summer. Perhaps he's been told he has no future at the club and that is affecting his form?

Yep I'd probably agree on point 3 & suspect that myself.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 14 Apr 2014 23:45

Firstly congratulations to Leicester on promotion. I think if they had needed three points we would likely have lost, but we hung in there and probably deserved, just, a point on our first half showing. To get to the play-offs would be seen as a pretty good season considering all the long term injuries we have had to cope with, but we are so un-equipped to even consider the Premiership, and as long as this take-over mularky goes on the better it is we stay where we are. I remain un-convinced about Morrison although lack of match practice could well be the reason he looked a bit slow tonight.

Generally I thought we looked slow this evening and, in the second half particularly, just gave the ball away time after time, bringing pressure on the back four, Leicester never had to pressure us to get the ball, we kept giving it to them.

I guess that once the dust has settled on the season a few of who were out there tonight will be shipped out to pastures new. Hector has to be who the defense is re-built around, confident on the ball, with a good touch and natural pace, watched him several times up here when he was with Aberdeen, they would bite our hands off to get him back. Reinstate Obita to the left back roll, we have lost any threat, since Bridge came back, down the left side.

McArthy - 7

Gunter - 7
Morrison - 6
Pearce - 7
Bridge - 5

McAnuff - 5
Williams - 7
Hector - 8
Obita - 7
McLeary - 6

Pog - 6

Ledge - 5
HRK -4
Drenthe - 4

RoyalTank

by RoyalTank » 14 Apr 2014 23:45

Unbelievable Jeff
RoyalTank
Unbelievable Jeff Anyone who says McAnuff is a good player, leader or whatever is just wrong.

I really do not understand the constant abuse for Jobi - do you fail to see the defensive side that he brings to the team?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

yes I fail to see the "defensive" side he brings to the team.

He can't cross, can't dribble, can't shoot, can't pass and just points at other people to do the jobs he should be doing.
If I was able enough to collect the highlights of all of the good things that Jobi has done this season compared to the bad things I think you'd see how sh*t he is

I am going to go with the manager on this one but thanks for your opinion.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 14 Apr 2014 23:46

MmmMonsterMunch point 3

Point 3??

urz13
Hob Nob Regular
Location: The following statement is false. The previous statement is true.

by urz13 » 14 Apr 2014 23:48

McCarthy - 7
Gunter - 7
Pearce - 8
Morrison - 6
Bridge - 5
McCleary - 6
Williams - 8
Hector - 8
McAnuff - 3
Obita - 7
Pogrebnyak - 7

Ledge - 5
HRK - 5
Drenthe - N/A

Probably shaded the game in terms of chances created but the lack of desire to attack in the last 15 was worrying. The abysmal McAnuff also seemed to give up and get incredibly frustrated when things were not going his way, which is unlike him. Subs were forced which is a shame becuase they didn't help us. Tactics were poor in the second half, there was no desire to support the forwards not the closing down that we saw in the first. Still, a point is an okay return.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 14 Apr 2014 23:48

3points
MmmMonsterMunch point 3

Point 3??

:lol: Sorry 2. I'm an accountant by day don't you know?

Your user name must've thrown me..

211 posts