BFTG - Clinging on to 6th place

211 posts
Unbelievable Jeff

Re: BFTG - Clinging on to 6th place

by Unbelievable Jeff » 15 Apr 2014 20:29

AthleticoSpizz Whilst Jobi was outpaced on occasions last night...his effort (as always) could not be faulted.

Like RoyalBlue....I sometimes wonder if a lot of the criticism (of him) is a case of mistaken identity....those lairy boots all look the same dont ya know.

For the pillocks that intimate that every game should be his last one....be careful what you wish for.

Understatement of the year!

I can't believe that people are defending him on last nights performance, it was shambolic!

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 15 Apr 2014 20:34

RoyalBlue
Royal Biscuitman
McAnnuff - His attitude when he messes up is to be frustrated, drop his shoulders and appear to give up, A stark contrast to many of the other players whose immediate reaction to messing up/losing the ball is to chase it down and try to do something about it..... Not a great example from a Captain as it sets the tone.... He's the complete opposite of Chris Gunter and that's why Gunter should be captain from the next game on.

I'm beginning to think that some people don't know what McAnuff looks like.

IMO the above description couldn't be further from the truth. I can think of many occasions when McAnuff has lost the ball and/or made a mistake and has then raced back/worked his butt off to recover the situation. On one occasion this season, that eagerness to put things right led to him deflecting the ball past McCarthy - maybe he should just have given up as you wrongly accuse him often doing!

He is so good that he is now getting praised for scoring an own goal, get a grip.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Apr 2014 21:04

Unbelievable Jeff
AthleticoSpizz Whilst Jobi was outpaced on occasions last night...his effort (as always) could not be faulted.

Like RoyalBlue....I sometimes wonder if a lot of the criticism (of him) is a case of mistaken identity....those lairy boots all look the same dont ya know.

For the pillocks that intimate that every game should be his last one....be careful what you wish for.

Understatement of the year!

I can't believe that people are defending him on last nights performance, it was shambolic!
Shambolic.....Last nights performance...you said it (taking out the good stuff of course)

pause for relection, if you will:

Then think of Pog's bambi impersonations

Then think of Morrison's charitable donations in the centre of a very big pitch

Then think of Bridge's less than pay-cheque performance..passing the ball back to the oppo

think of Maccas kicks that came straight back at us

Even some of (godlike) Gunters balls forward were overhit

Williams was my motm (or would've been, but for his abrupt substitution)...but even some of his gung-ho challenges ended up back in the lap of his prey.

Its the same old same old amongst the "fans" at Reading

Pick your fall-guy...all bets are off....blinkers on

Including the mongskulls sat behind me last night (have you really forgotten the EP days of the 1970's....oh sorry you weren't there were you?...although you were old enough to be).......your support is fackin sh1t...................channel as much effort into the abuse of the opposition...then we are talking
Last edited by AthleticoSpizz on 15 Apr 2014 21:29, edited 1 time in total.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 15 Apr 2014 21:28

i think people also need to consider the role McAnuff and McCleary were playing last night. They were not traditional wingers, hugging the touchline. I'd say we set up almost as a 4-3-2-1 with McCleary in particular tucked in quite tight to Pog, or more like the old inside left and inside right positions. This was especially obvious in the 2nd half when McCarthy hit all his kicks down the centre of the pitch, rather than out towards the right wing, which is his usual (coached) tactic.

I'd also be interested to know where all the Gunter lovers sit. I sit in the west side of the North Stand, and he received a massive amount of criticism for poor defending and not closing down his man quickly enough and bottling out of tackles. He did make a couple of decent breaks forward in the first half. Perhaps he was better in the 2nd half when he was down the other end of the pitch and more difficult for me to observe what he was doing. But given my comment about McCleary above, Gunter didn't get forward as much as I expect Adkins would have wanted him to and provide the width outside McCleary (though McCleary has a tendency of selling Gunter short and taking him out of the game completely).

PS Lloyd Dyer must have the thinnest legs of any professional footballer I've ever seen, and that includes spaghetti legs Karacan

Martin41

by Martin41 » 15 Apr 2014 21:40

Fed of all this jobi hate!!
Yes might not have been his best game, but for me if we don't go up, he would be one player I would keep!!
Hrk does not seem to get this must abuse, and in my opinion, is no where near as good as he thinks he is!!! Flatters to deceive, had his chances and should be let go.
It's going to be an interesting summer no matter what happens......... However all these doom merchants, we still have a chance. Yes not played great this season, but look at the league, apart form Burnely and Leicester who really has???

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 15 Apr 2014 22:16

3points i think people also need to consider the role McAnuff and McCleary were playing last night. They were not traditional wingers, hugging the touchline. I'd say we set up almost as a 4-3-2-1 with McCleary in particular tucked in quite tight to Pog, or more like the old inside left and inside right positions. This was especially obvious in the 2nd half when McCarthy hit all his kicks down the centre of the pitch, rather than out towards the right wing, which is his usual (coached) tactic.

I'd also be interested to know where all the Gunter lovers sit. I sit in the west side of the North Stand, and he received a massive amount of criticism for poor defending and not closing down his man quickly enough and bottling out of tackles. He did make a couple of decent breaks forward in the first half. Perhaps he was better in the 2nd half when he was down the other end of the pitch and more difficult for me to observe what he was doing. But given my comment about McCleary above, Gunter didn't get forward as much as I expect Adkins would have wanted him to and provide the width outside McCleary (though McCleary has a tendency of selling Gunter short and taking him out of the game completely).

PS Lloyd Dyer must have the thinnest legs of any professional footballer I've ever seen, and that includes spaghetti legs Karacan

And you sir probably have the lowest IQ of the under 16s on here, you will be pleased to learn that I also sit in the area you are referring to and i can honestly say i did not hear any Massive amount of criticism to any Reading players heard a couple of sounds from the window licking brigade that may be your a part of, Get a Gf, Bf, Job, or even a Hobby but please don't waste your life being bitter about things that you have no control over

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 15 Apr 2014 22:25

joeroyal And you sir probably have the lowest IQ of the under 16s on here,

Why do you think I'd be U16? I'm probably older than you! But hey, if I was U16 I'd probably have understood your illiterate post

You can't sit that close (B14) as the three blokes behind us are pretty loud, and very vocal in their criticism of Gunter, Pog, Gorkss, Pearce. The bloke next to me is a Gunter / Blackman / HRK / McAnuff detestor.

Assume you're in the Gunter is POTS camp

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 15 Apr 2014 23:41

They live inside a pig?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Apr 2014 23:43

In other BFTG news, I saw that melt with the Royston, Royston, Royston, Royston, Royston, Royston, Royston Drenthe shirt last night.

:lol:

Who the hell is this man?

SPARTA - can you please post your pic of him again so I can laugh?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 15 Apr 2014 23:46

Found it:

jt_1871

by jt_1871 » 16 Apr 2014 00:33

yes I fail to see the "defensive" side he brings to the team.

He can't cross, can't dribble, can't shoot, can't pass and just points at other people to do the jobs he should be doing.
If I was able enough to collect the highlights of all of the good things that Jobi has done this season compared to the bad things I think you'd see how sh*t he is[/quote]

True story, couldn't agree more. He was the same last season. People on here say they can't understand the abuse he gets, but he doesn't get anywhere near as much of that as he does people saying how great he is and constantly defending him. That's the bit I don't understand. Completely deluded.[/quote]

+1 we were warned by a watford fan his head drops very easily and gets disinterested in games, iirk you get 1 good game in 3 out of him

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 16 Apr 2014 03:43

Unbelievable Jeff
RoyalBlue
Royal Biscuitman
McAnnuff - His attitude when he messes up is to be frustrated, drop his shoulders and appear to give up, A stark contrast to many of the other players whose immediate reaction to messing up/losing the ball is to chase it down and try to do something about it..... Not a great example from a Captain as it sets the tone.... He's the complete opposite of Chris Gunter and that's why Gunter should be captain from the next game on.

IMO the above description couldn't be further from the truth. I can think of many occasions when McAnuff has lost the ball and/or made a mistake and has then raced back/worked his butt off to recover the situation. On one occasion this season, that eagerness to put things right led to him deflecting the ball past McCarthy - maybe he should just have given up as you wrongly accuse him often doing!

He is so good that he is now getting praised for scoring an own goal, get a grip.

With such a deceitful twisting of words and argument as that, I suggest you are well suited to move into a career in politics. You know damn well I was praising his effort, not praising his own goal, to counter the bare faced lies/bollocks that he makes mistakes and just gives up, rather than working hard to recover the situation.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Apr 2014 09:25

MmmMonsterMunch In other BFTG news, I saw that melt with the Royston, Royston, Royston, Royston, Royston, Royston, Royston Drenthe shirt last night.

:lol:

Who the hell is this man?

SPARTA - can you please post your pic of him again so I can laugh?

He posts on here as Royal Lady.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Apr 2014 10:13

pretty sure mcanuff himself would openly say he had a shit game.
hes had a similar game quite recently

but to transfer that across all games and say he is shit is LOLz
was our best player last year.(though that isnt saying much)
and is one of our most consisntent this year(though that isnt saying much)

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 16 Apr 2014 10:52

melonhead pretty sure mcanuff himself would openly say he had a shit game.

He was our best player last season?! You're off your oxf*rd rocker aren't you m8? Any credibility you had has just been destroyed with that post.

You are right about one thing though, he is consistent. Consistently average or worse.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Apr 2014 10:56

RoyallyFcuked

He was our best player last season?! You're off your oxf*rd rocker aren't you m8? Any credibility you had has just been destroyed with that post.

You are right about one thing though, he is consistent. Consistently average or worse.

I'm afraid it's you that's off your rocker. Seek medical help immediately before it's too late.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Apr 2014 11:04

RoyallyFcuked

at least i once had some

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 16 Apr 2014 13:00

MmmMonsterMunch Found it:

Embarrassing

PistolPete
Hob Nob Regular

by PistolPete » 16 Apr 2014 13:24

I like it :D

When he had the shirt made I expect he had higher expectations...

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 16 Apr 2014 13:28

Unbelievable Jeff

Yeah, everyone in the world is stupid except you.

211 posts