BFTG - Clinging on to 6th place

211 posts
WestRoyal

Re: BFTG - Clinging on to 6th place

by WestRoyal » 16 Apr 2014 13:31

melonhead pretty sure mcanuff himself would openly say he had a shit game.
hes had a similar game quite recently

but to transfer that across all games and say he is shit is LOLz
was our best player last year.(though that isnt saying much)
and is one of our most consisntent this year(though that isnt saying much)

Its always good to see someone arguing their case no matter how far fetched it is.

However I do think Jobi does get far too much unjustified stick on here.
I think those in his corner do him no favours though when they only say stuff on him like 'Great effort', 'Worked hard', showed passion, tracked back well and nothing else.
He did track back well the other night but unfortunately it resulted in him giving the ball away putting them on the attack again on several occasions.
Sadly I think his days will be numbered if Adkins is still around and the unthinkable happens and we get promoted or he gets money to spend for another season in the Championship.

I think he is worth another contract. Has been a great servant to the club, great attitude and always gave 100% as they say

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 16 Apr 2014 13:42

melonhead
RoyallyFcuked

He was our best player last season?! You're off your oxf*rd rocker aren't you m8? Any credibility you had has just been destroyed with that post.

at least i once had some

:lol:

Perhaps. Whether it was justified or not is another matter. I assume you and Sadman are also two of the people who didn't think it was time for McD to be shown the door? McAnuff lovers usually are

Unbelievable Jeff

by Unbelievable Jeff » 16 Apr 2014 14:25

Extended-Phenotype
Unbelievable Jeff
I'm beginning to think that some people don't know what McAnuff looks like.

Yeah, everyone in the world is stupid except you.

That's a bit awkward as in fact it was not me that wrote that.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Apr 2014 14:26

WestRoyal

I think those in his corner do him no favours though when they only say stuff on him like 'Great effort', 'Worked hard', showed passion, tracked back well and nothing else.

in a game like the other nights there was "nothing else" good he did.
but that isnt the case in most other games.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 16 Apr 2014 15:53

melonhead
RoyallyFcuked

He was our best player last season?! You're off your oxf*rd rocker aren't you m8? Any credibility you had has just been destroyed with that post.

at least i once had some

RoyallyFcuked :lol:

Perhaps. Whether it was justified or not is another matter. I assume you and Sadman are also two of the people who didn't think it was time for McD to be shown the door? McAnuff lovers usually are

You don't need anymore alcohol in your life. Drinking at this time of the day is not the right path for your life. If you feel the need to touch your screen please do and we will be able to save you.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Apr 2014 16:01

RoyallyFcuked
melonhead
RoyallyFcuked

at least i once had some

defo didnt think it was time for brian to go.
but then im sentimental like that, id still have coppell here if i could.

im not a mcanuff lover by any means (hence why i said he was utter toilet vs leicester-literally nothing constructive creative or positive he tried came off all game)
i just use my eyes and brain to watch what he does in games, and can see quite clearly that a few utterly toilet games aside, hes been a very good player for us, consistently, for quite a while

who do you think was our best player last season?

Colin Cheeselog

by Colin Cheeselog » 16 Apr 2014 16:39

+1 and considering you're a bit of a cúnt, agreeing with you should count as +2.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Apr 2014 09:57

i shall take your backhanded compliment with pleasure

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 17 Apr 2014 13:51

PistolPete I like it :D

When he had the shirt made I expect he had higher expectations...

Nothing to do with the name on the shirt

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 17 Apr 2014 14:20

melonhead
RoyallyFcuked

defo didnt think it was time for brian to go.
but then im sentimental like that, id still have coppell here if i could.

im not a mcanuff lover by any means (hence why i said he was utter toilet vs leicester-literally nothing constructive creative or positive he tried came off all game)
i just use my eyes and brain to watch what he does in games, and can see quite clearly that a few utterly toilet games aside, hes been a very good player for us, consistently, for quite a while

who do you think was our best player last season?

I think all of us would have Coppell back if we could, assuming it was the 2006 Coppell rather than the 2009 Coppell.

Sounds like you're a bit stuck in the past m8. He was a decent player for us when he first joined but has been on the decline for some time now. Back then, in his first two seasons he would have about 1 good game out of 3. Now its more like 1 good game out of 8. Trouble is, he has far too many of these "utter toilet" games these days. He rarely does anything useful and when he does it's usually at about the 5th attempt or more. Often, even if he starts well in a game and does something good he fades away.

Very difficult to say who our best player was last season. I think would definitely have been McCarthy had he played a full season. Le Fondre did well to score 12 goals with poor service and limited game time. HRK and McCleary were good in patches and were two of the few that showed they could have the quality to play at that level. McAnuff however, certainly did not. He played almost every minute of every game and was largely ineffective in 80%+ of those games.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 Apr 2014 14:28

Yet he managed more assists, covered more ground, completed more passes and was more productive than most other players while being 80% ineffective.

That's quite impressive.

RoyallyFcuked
Hob Nob Regular

by RoyallyFcuked » 17 Apr 2014 14:58

Extended-Phenotype Yet he managed more assists, covered more ground, completed more passes and was more productive than most other players while being 80% ineffective.

That's quite impressive.

Where is your evidence for that? Even if that is true, those stats don't tell the full story. How many failed passes? How many failed dribbles? How many failed crosses? How many anonymous minutes?

Anyway, any player who had played as much as him should have covered the most ground and completed the most passes. As for the assists well, Hope Akpan got 3 assists in his first 2 games for us (so that's nearly half as many assists in 2 games instead of 38) but unsurprisingly didn't receive the adoration McAnuff received for being poor for the vast majority of the season.

Extended-Phenotype
Hob Nob Addict

by Extended-Phenotype » 17 Apr 2014 15:19

RoyallyFcuked
Extended-Phenotype Yet he managed more assists, covered more ground, completed more passes and was more productive than most other players while being 80% ineffective.

That's quite impressive.

Where is your evidence for that? Even if that is true, those stats don't tell the full story. How many failed passes? How many failed dribbles? How many failed crosses? How many anonymous minutes?

Anyway, any player who had played as much as him should have covered the most ground and completed the most passes. As for the assists well, Hope Akpan got 3 assists in his first 2 games for us (so that's nearly half as many assists in 2 games instead of 38) but unsurprisingly didn't receive the adoration McAnuff received for being poor for the vast majority of the season.

Just highlighting that he couldn't have been 80% ineffective.

And always thought it was harsh of people to criticise a player for messing up a chance/cross when he was one of few working himself into a position to make said chance/cross. But often the fallguy in a bad performance is the one you see most of.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 17 Apr 2014 15:25

Mid Sussex Royal
No Fixed Abode I think you'll just miss out. Ipswich will get the last play off spot.

Unfortunately Brighton more likely looking at the run ins - although like us they do have a tendancy to mess up games which look nailed on wins...

Agreed, Brighton do have the easiest run in out of all the sides going for 6th.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Apr 2014 15:48

That's quite impressive.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

blinkered fools everywhere

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Apr 2014 17:20

stealthpapes Yes.

Actually, that's a pretty good and precise summary of why this season has been frustrating. We have a superb squad for the level. We are still on course for , what, our tenth highest finish in our history? An extra few marginal gains - fitness, organisation, just small, basic things - would have seen us much nearer to competing for the top two.

Thank you.

I'd add confidence to that. Leicester looked like a team that not only knew exactly what everyone was doing, but that were confident they could do it and beat anyone. With confidence comes crisper passing, and reduced thinking time. You just relax and do it. We over think everything out of lack of confidence / caution and it slows down our play making us easy to counter.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Apr 2014 17:25

Martin41 Fed of all this jobi hate!!
Yes might not have been his best game, but for me if we don't go up, he would be one player I would keep!!
Hrk does not seem to get this must abuse, and in my opinion, is no where near as good as he thinks he is!!! Flatters to deceive, had his chances and should be let go.
It's going to be an interesting summer no matter what happens......... However all these doom merchants, we still have a chance. Yes not played great this season, but look at the league, apart form Burnely and Leicester who really has???

It simple really. Make sure you're constantly involved and you'll make more mistakes, especially when there's no doubt he is a player on the decline. And there are so many one eyed fans out there who never see a single thing he does right.

Occasionally show some flair in possession, go missing for large stretches of the match and do bugger all defensively and you're God's gift to football.

For a player that was useless, it's impressive that he was our 5th most involved player, made as many interceptions as anyone, put in the second most crosses, by far the most accurate crosses and put in several 'key passes'.

He made plenty of mistakes and most of his best work came in the first 30 minutes, so it's inevitably going to be more likely to be forgotten. But the level of abuse he gets is just ridiculous, both on here and at games.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 17 Apr 2014 18:58

Ian Royal
Yes might not have been his best game, but for me if we don't go up, he would be one player I would keep!!
Hrk does not seem to get this must abuse, and in my opinion, is no where near as good as he thinks he is!!! Flatters to deceive, had his chances and should be let go.
It's going to be an interesting summer no matter what happens......... However all these doom merchants, we still have a chance. Yes not played great this season, but look at the league, apart form Burnely and Leicester who really has???

It simple really. Make sure you're constantly involved and you'll make more mistakes, especially when there's no doubt he is a player on the decline. And there are so many one eyed fans out there who never see a single thing he does right.

Occasionally show some flair in possession, go missing for large stretches of the match and do bugger all defensively and you're God's gift to football.

For a player that was useless, it's impressive that he was our 5th most involved player, made as many interceptions as anyone, put in the second most crosses, by far the most accurate crosses and put in several 'key passes'.

He made plenty of mistakes and most of his best work came in the first 30 minutes, so it's inevitably going to be more likely to be forgotten. But the level of abuse he gets is just ridiculous, both on here and at games.

:?
Why is it impressive that he was the 5th 'most involved' (= most touches?) "given he was useless"?
Are you aware that Kaspars Gorkss, claimed by Bournemouth fans to have been "the worst player ever seen at the Dean Court Stadium" and rightly dropped for playing shit, had, in fact, the most touches away at Bournemouth?
Does that impress you? Well, does it? :?:

And given that McAnuff is one of 2 wingers, and also takes roughly half our corners, is it really such a great achievement for him to have come in the top 2 for "most crosses put in"?

He was pathetic on Monday! Not only did he make a ridiculous amount of mistakes, but the mistakes were so :oops: it was :lol: .

As for "Occasionally show some flair in possession... ...and you're God's gift to football" McAnuff has so little creativity as a midfielder it's unbelievable.
His stints at CM highlight this in abundance. Passes backwards and sideways. Might as well not be on the pitch.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 17 Apr 2014 19:03

i can do nothing but agree with your critique of mcanuff in the last match
but to say thats always the case is silly

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Apr 2014 19:14

Ian Royal

+1000....and yet others (including our current adonis goalie....whose majority of kicks came straight back at us ffs) remain immune.

Still plenty of good stuff left in the 'nuff

211 posts