LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

8691 posts
Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

Re: LOLiverpooLOL - Next Season

by Sanguine » 17 Apr 2014 16:23

Victor Meldrew I don't agree with the bookies who make Liverpool odds-on to win it as I still remember that slip-up to Arsenal which cost them the title.

By the time they play Chelsea they might even be able to afford a defeat. Definitely lots to do - Palace away is looking tougher every game! - but can see why the bookies have them odds-on, only Mourinho magic should be able to deny them from here.

maffff
Hob Nob Addict

by maffff » 17 Apr 2014 16:45

I hope they don't win. They'll be insufferable. :|

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 17 Apr 2014 17:24

Victor Meldrew I don't agree with the bookies who make Liverpool odds-on to win it as I still remember that slip-up to Arsenal which cost them the title.

I was thinking a similar thing. Was it Sol Campbell that got sent off (against United) and missed the last three games

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Apr 2014 17:31

maffff I hope they don't win. They'll be insufferable. :|

What a strange thing to say.
As soon as the Premier League is over it will be all about the World Cup so I don't think there will be much time to be "insufferable"
BTW if you think Liverpool winning it would be insufferable how do you think the media will be if Mourinho wins it-I say "Mourinho" as it would be all about him whereas if it turns out to be Liverpool I can see the players getting much more of the credit.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 17 Apr 2014 17:35

Anyone But Liverpool for me

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 17 Apr 2014 18:30

No Fixed Abode
genome I'd love to see Stevie G lift the Premier League trophy. Mostly to spite sandman.

It's about time Liverpool won the title, being the 3rd biggest spenders in Premier League history.

Does it grate with you that Chelsea will never be as successful as Liverpool, no matter how many billions they spend?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Apr 2014 18:36

Whatevs Anyone But Liverpool for me
anyone but Chelsea for the most

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 17 Apr 2014 21:30

Biggest clubs in English football in terms of history, success and fan base are Liverpool and ManU no other club in the country will ever surpass either.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 17 Apr 2014 23:20

Just like neither of them will surpass the big clubs on the continent.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Apr 2014 09:36

Sutekh Biggest clubs in English football in terms of history, success and fan base are Liverpool and ManU no other club in the country will ever surpass either.

Not sure you're correct with fan base on Liverpool tbf.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Apr 2014 09:40

SPARTA
No Fixed Abode
genome I'd love to see Stevie G lift the Premier League trophy. Mostly to spite sandman.

It's about time Liverpool won the title, being the 3rd biggest spenders in Premier League history.

Does it grate with you that Chelsea will never be as successful as Liverpool, no matter how many billions they spend?

Not at all. We never really won anything when I started supporting Chelsea except the old 2nd division then the ZDS cup, so anything we win now is great.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Apr 2014 09:42

AthleticoSpizz

Not sure why. Football runs deeper than what happens on the pitch and even then Liverpool arent that likeable on the field these days.

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 18 Apr 2014 10:46

No Fixed Abode
AthleticoSpizz

Not sure why. Football runs deeper than what happens on the pitch and even then Liverpool arent that likeable on the field these days.

From what I hear everybody LOVES them on the field this season and nearly everybody (apart from a very few cretins on here) has sympathy for the families of those that went(what we all do on here and one of the few things we have in common) to a football match and died.

Royalclapper
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalclapper » 18 Apr 2014 11:09

Not sure it's lack of sympathy tbh (not in my case). Think it's more about having your own opinion rather than being told what to think.

No amount of IndependentLOL reports will ever convince me that some of the LFC fans were not to blame for that day, as too were the shambolic OB and the football authorities so I won't be joining in any 'pity party'. There'll be people who still go to bed at night knowing what they did and are hardly going to admit it now. It was a tragedy of course but that's it for me, and there were too many of those before something got done thankfully.

But yeah, the team have been great so far this season and a surprise for many.

Whatevs

by Whatevs » 18 Apr 2014 11:19

sandman Just like neither of them will surpass the big clubs on the continent.

???

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 18 Apr 2014 13:06

Royalclapper Not sure it's lack of sympathy tbh (not in my case). Think it's more about having your own opinion rather than being told what to think.

No amount of IndependentLOL reports will ever convince me that some of the LFC fans were not to blame for that day, as too were the shambolic OB and the football authorities so I won't be joining in any 'pity party'. There'll be people who still go to bed at night knowing what they did and are hardly going to admit it now. It was a tragedy of course but that's it for me, and there were too many of those before something got done thankfully.

But yeah, the team have been great so far this season and a surprise for many.

Do you have children?
I think the fact that so many of those that died were young has caused a bigger impact than if they had been a load of oldies.
Fortunately my children are now grown-ups (sort of) but the thought of them not coming home whether it be after a football match, a night out or even not coming home form school ever again in my mind is a dreadful prospect.
I have always thought that having your own child die before you is the worst thing that could happen in life-for that reason alone I would have continuing sympathy for them as in the case of a mate of mine whose son choked to death when playing on the beach or for the parents of sons that have died in military action.

Why do people like you get so uptight about the whole thing when in your lives it is merely an item on the news for a short period?
Nobody is asking you to go to Liverpool or Sheffield and join in any type of remembrance.
Maybe you are just such shallow people that you resent the news coverage and feel that the time might be better spent hearing about the latest tattoos that Beckham or Cheryl Cole have had on their backsides or if Simon Cowell knows how a young baby should be fed or have it's nappy changed.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 18 Apr 2014 13:24

Royalclapper Not sure it's lack of sympathy tbh (not in my case). Think it's more about having your own opinion rather than being told what to think.

Many people I know share the same opinion but as ever, it gets twisted by some Liverpool fans and you will just be accused of being out of order.

Mr.Swainey

by Mr.Swainey » 18 Apr 2014 16:01

No Fixed Abode

Many people I know share the same opinion but as ever, it gets twisted by some Liverpool fans and you will just be accused of being out of order.

You are.

Why do you have to be so tribal about it?

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 18 Apr 2014 22:23

AthleticoSpizz

ABC

The C is interchangeable

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 18 Apr 2014 22:52

Football will be the real winner when Liverpool lift the title.

8691 posts