BFTG - Wigan

Forest Gump

Athletic v Pathetic

by Forest Gump » 18 Apr 2014 17:44

Very disappointed in todays result but this has been coming for months.
Only poor form from the teams around us has kept Reading in the play-offs so far and instead of responding positively we actually get worse.
We have to accept that we are not going to get out of the division for at least another season. It would be a miracle if we made the play-offs but a certainty that we would not progress beyond the semi-final.
Perhaps our so-called management team might have noticed that BBC 5 live put our display down as "awful" and realise that they are responsible for this.
I dont blame Adkins primarily but I do think we will resort to a route-one manager who only expects whats left of the squad to play within its limited capabilities next season.
Lets get this over with; roll on the end of May.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Athletic v Pathetic

by windermere_royal » 18 Apr 2014 17:51

Forest Gump Very disappointed in todays result but this has been coming for months.
Only poor form from the teams around us has kept Reading in the play-offs so far and instead of responding positively we actually get worse.
We have to accept that we are not going to get out of the division for at least another season. It would be a miracle if we made the play-offs but a certainty that we would not progress beyond the semi-final.
Perhaps our so-called management team might have noticed that BBC 5 live put our display down as "awful" and realise that they are responsible for this.
I dont blame Adkins primarily but I do think we will resort to a route-one manager who only expects whats left of the squad to play within its limited capabilities next season.
Lets get this over with; roll on the end of May.

This season can`t end quickly enough for me, I sincerely hope we don`t make the play-offs to save us from further embarrassment, roll on May 3rd and our summer holidays , and I hope I never see many of these players in the hooped shirts again

BraisingsteakRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by BraisingsteakRoyal » 18 Apr 2014 17:56

This ABSOLUTELY deserves it's own thread.

Winnershroyal

by Winnershroyal » 18 Apr 2014 17:57

Brentford away...every cloud.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Apr 2014 17:58

Until the ownership is sorted its all just going be a frustrating waste of time.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

BFTG - Wigan

by PieEater » 18 Apr 2014 18:18

Well the first disappointment was that Pooles pies have been replaced by Hollands, and call me picky but if you're going to charge the same for a steak pie as a meat and potato pie, make sure that the meat and potato is filled to the brim. Overall an average 6/10.

As for the game, we had our first vague attempt on 76mins with a shot wide, then a corner, then a shot which might caused the keeper to make a save but was weak and probably going wide.

Wigan were much better than us in every area, they might have got lucky with the first that looked like it was deflected into the top corner but otherwise they were dominant. We battled but were really second best. Season over.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BFTG - Wigan

by windermere_royal » 18 Apr 2014 18:24

PieEater Season over.

It is for me, whether I will be back next season depends entirely on what happens in the close season

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 18 Apr 2014 18:30

Still games to play and those competing with us for the seemingly final playoff spot are in woeful form as well.

If by some miracle we make it to the playoffs, we will probably be facing Derby who will thoroughly drub us. Will be a bit like when we lost to Burnley in the playoffs semi final a few year ago when we were just making up the numbers.

Hopefully next season with new owners, otherwise a relegation fight awaits.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 18 Apr 2014 18:42

Despite being warm and sunny outside it was bloody cold in the stand. That plus the downgraded pies and beer being rationed to two pints per person made me wish I hadn't bothered. The players clearly felt the same as apart from McCarthy they obviously didn't want to be there either. We didn't create a single decent chance, players were pointing the finger at each other and Hopeless Kackpan was lucky not to red carded. Given that we were 3 down early in the 2nd half and being completely outclassed why did Adkins wait until the last few minutes to bring on Le Fondre? Ah well Brentford here we come!

SPARTA
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you give us 90 minutes, we'll give you a lifetime

by SPARTA » 18 Apr 2014 18:46

Boro have some pace. They should rip us a new one and then, finally, thankfully, the season is effectively over. I just hope this summer does see several first teamers leave and the wage bill reduced significantly. Adkins then has to work miracles with some youngsters, hopefully in addition to some money this summer, which realistically wont get near seven figures.

Le Tissier said on Sky that we had one shot on target in the first two minutes, and then we offered nothing at all all game. It was 5th vs 6th but the gap looked a lot bigger. I can't remember the last time we had a side that played with no fight like this one. Boro will be the first home game I miss this season, purely because I don't want to see half of these players play for us again. Perhaps there will be significant changes for the final home game of the season; maybe, and only then, will I bother again this season.

Roll on the summer!

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 18 Apr 2014 19:06

North Somerset Royal Despite being warm and sunny outside it was bloody cold in the stand. That plus the downgraded pies and beer being rationed to two pints per person made me wish I hadn't bothered. T

Yeah what was the shambles 2pt rationing about, it certainly sorted the queue out as nobody wanted to buy anything.

Highlight was watching the rugby prematch (St Helens v Wigan), there's something to be said for giving each side a 5 tackle go in turn.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 18 Apr 2014 19:33

PieEater
North Somerset Royal Despite being warm and sunny outside it was bloody cold in the stand. That plus the downgraded pies and beer being rationed to two pints per person made me wish I hadn't bothered. T

Yeah what was the shambles 2pt rationing about, it certainly sorted the queue out as nobody wanted to buy anything.

Highlight was watching the rugby prematch (St Helens v Wigan), there's something to be said for giving each side a 5 tackle go in turn.

Made me laugh that despite the lack of a queue they had a steward to stop people taking a short cut via the queue exit and made everyone walk through the designated route.

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 18 Apr 2014 19:39

so how did they keep a record of how many pints you had before?

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 18 Apr 2014 19:43

They only sell you 2 at a time, you can drink as many as you want as long as you go around the one way queuing system they had - manned by 4 stewards.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 18 Apr 2014 20:42

Whilst we are undoubtedly shit and going absolutely nowhere, todays results as a set weren't bad for us if anyone still, laughably, feels we are still in the mix.

Better than a Reading draw and a Brighton and Bournemouth win which, i'm sure we'd all have be feeling pretty pleased about tonight

International Royal

by International Royal » 19 Apr 2014 00:28

A thoroughly miserable experience. Today was the day I turned into the people I laughed at after plenty of this rubbish at Elm Park. They'd leave early, muttering they'd had enough and wouldn't be back. Ever.

To say it was totally dispiriting is an understatement. The players had no heart, no desire, no passion. No idea. Funnily, I left feeling sorry for NA. How he's got this shower still in with a shout is amazing. A total clean out is required.

This has to be the worst RFC side for ten years. Ratings...

AM - wouldn't be upset with Feds came back in. Distribution would be much improved.
Gunter - ripped apart in the first half. Can never seem to stop the cross coming in.
Obita - overrated. At least has been better. Not a left back. Both FB's are poor.
Morrison - so useless today it beggared belief. Cannot play with the ball at his feet. No pace. Easily beaten.
Pearce - probably the pick of a desperate back 5. Not saying much.
Macca - no product. Career on the slide.
MacC - not fit. Invisible.
Akpan - must be got rid off. Totally useless.
Hector - his heart is in it. Totally ineffective in midfield. Would like to see him & Pearce together. Morro to the bench.
Williams - not fit. Stop playing players who are not fit. Too many passengers today.
Pog - USELESS. No heart. Couldn't even be bothered to throw himself on the floor today. The quicker this mercenary is out of the club the better.

The team has no pattern of play. No fight. No mastery of the basics - like throw ins... the list goes on.

Today this team was shocking...

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 19 Apr 2014 01:16

God it sounds shocking. If the lack of spirit and effort is as bad as it sounds (and, of course, I have no reason to think it isn't as bad as people are saying?) how exactly did this happen. It makes me feel jealous of supporters who are supporting a team way down the league (and even in leagues below) from us, who at least witness players who care and make an effort.

Denver Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Denver Royal » 19 Apr 2014 04:05

International Royal I left feeling sorry for NA. How he's got this shower still in with a shout is amazing.

It really is. We might be bottom half without him. Not sure how much he will be able to do over the Summer, but he deserves another season. Of course, even if we somehow go up, some will want him out anyway, so there ya go. :?

If you still hate Futcher

by If you still hate Futcher » 19 Apr 2014 09:16

Return great day out!!! Leave at half nine in the morning, with the hope of getting there fairly early. But thanks to the wonderful M25 rubber neckers the journey started badly and went downhill from there. As a result after 5 and a half hours we missed the kickoff by a couple of minutes but no worries at least we had most of the game to look forward to.

Then to be presented with the most bland and passionless performance you could think of. I assume that the financial situation means that we can't afford overnight stays in plush hotels and have resorted to travelling in a couple of old Sherpas and a Cortina estate for the coaching team, with the players taking turns behind the wheel. That would at least explain the total lack of any cohesive play and energy.

After Monday night I was hoping we'd at least be in the game a bit but we hardly managed to get over the halfway line in the first half and were just playing channel balls which Pog had no chance of getting on to, not that he was busting a guy to get there mind. If we're going to play like that what about putting McCleary up top instead, at least he'd have the pace to be able to get there and he'd also make a better fist of challenging in the air for the aimless punts we keep playing. After their 3rd went in I thought the score was going to get as embarrassing as the performance and it could've done if McMannaman had stayed on his wing for the numerous times they crossed the ball from the left.

The highlight of the day was seeing a hot air balloon as we were travelling back (yeah I know, clutching at straws) and doing the return journey in under half the time we managed on the way up.

EarleyRoyal16

by EarleyRoyal16 » 19 Apr 2014 10:04

oxf*rd abysmal. Most gutless performance this season. Says a lot about this league that we're still very much in with a shout for the playoffs. I fear for if we do get them, we'd most probably have Derby and they'd tear us a new one. I fear even more if we somehow managed to go up, we'd challenge the lowest points record with this pile of shite walking out onto the pitch every week.

Assuming we don't go up, as it is very likely that's the case, a massive clear out is needed in the summer, not Adkins though, so many players need to be shown the door. Bring in some of the youth and hopefully some new additions and use the season as a transition one, probably have mid table mediocrity all season but then push on in the season after.

If we go up, oxf*rd it, keep all these useless wage wasters and hope we get lucky.